'Steam Siege,' America's XY11 Set in August!

IceManC86

Aspiring Trainer
"Xerneas BREAK, and Yveltal BREAK"

All aboard the Dark and fairy type hype train.

In all seriousness, this yveltal could either completely change the dark archetype and create an even stronger dark deck, or it could be Luiga BREAK levels of meh and change nothing. As for Xerneas BREAK, hopefully this BREAK introduces a decent attack that can allow Xerneas to better fit in the Gardevoir archetype deck, or even provide an ability that will by pass the loss of Aromatisse.

I'm also willing to bet that the new Gardevoir will be a fairy type that will somehow enhance the "Brilliant Arrow" Gardevoir in some way. At least, the Radiant Collection Gardevoir seems to suggest that if someone wants to run three M-Gardevoir, then they want to run x1 Primal Clash , x1 Generations, and x1 Steam Seige (imposing a 2-1 split).

Vexen_IV

The Paul Heyman to Giratina-EX's Brock Lesnar.
On the one hand I'm happy that nightmarch looks to be dying after this year, on the other hand I'm annoyed that the reprint set is being skipped

Darkpoison64

Aspiring Trainer
Can't wait for xerneas break fairy types need something to compete with the Best decks in the format because right now max potion and Fairy box is a B tier deck because they need turns of geomancy to power up ex pokemon, against night march is an unfavorable prize trade. Hopefuly this xerneas break will have a decent attack and not an gimick ability like Florges break.

Y are we getting another Shiny Mega Gardevoir since we already got one in Gerations? With the orginal also in primal clash? Hopefully they will give it a different attack then brilliant arrow and be more creative.

Have high hopes for yveltal break but will be torn between zoroark break and yveltal break for deck competition and space, dark has a lot of tools to work with and will remain one of the top tier decks in the format, has solid match ups over everything.

Also weird name for a set Steam Siege? really that is the best they could come up with? o.o

Last edited:

Sabaku

Aspiring Trainer
I bet Xerneas BREAK will just have an ability that's more like the new Eelektross' ability, except for Fairy energy.

SupremeLeaderQuagsire

Aspiring Trainer
I have a hunch. It says a "new mechanic" will be be introduced this set, and it says Volcanion will have to use dual types...
Dual Types new meta?

Pokemon Sun and Moon fan

I have the all seeing eye
I really hope we can get a new volcanion-ex. I've been wanting to at least see one for a long time and I think it would be really cool to have one. considering that we found out about it a loooong time ago, I hope they make one soon.

RealSlim

Dragons Breeder
Please, stop with these BREAK cards for Legendary Pokémon. They don't freaking evolve, they already have powerful EXs, give a BREAK to the myriad of forgotten Pokémon in the TCG!

Serpens

Aspiring Trainer
Dual typed 'mons? Excluding AOR Golurk, last time we had that was... What, back in the EX era?

silversalamence10

Top Hat Regulator
>Skipping the Premium Champion set
Why am I not surprised? Hopefully they'll just toss the Beedrill cards into Steam Siege, at least that's what I'm expecting they'll do.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
If the "new mechanic" is dual type cards, I'm going to run through my neighborhood yelling "I CALLED IT, I CALLED IT!"

It might get me arrested, but it'll be worth it. :D

In all seriousness though, Dual Types would be a joy to see. It's been too long without them.
Maybe that means more cards can be like the good ol' days when cards were really complex, like Regigigas LV. X. Wouldn't that be nice?

SupremeLeaderQuagsire

Aspiring Trainer
I really hope we can get a new volcanion-ex. I've been wanting to at least see one for a long time and I think it would be really cool to have one. considering that we found out about it a loooong time ago, I hope they make one soon.
It says up their that we are getting a new Volcanion-EX, hopefully Water/Fire if my hypothesis is correct.

VinculumStellarum

Hello Tomorrow, going well? Any luck?
A new mechanic? Oh boy, here we go again...

Also, yet another Gardevoir? I'm not objecting to that, because I do like Gardevoir, but I do think it's a little much for one card to be printed.

Yveltal BREAK might give support to YZG variants in Standard (and Yveltal variants in general in both formats), though.