XY Starter evolutions leaked?

Salamencetrainer34 said:
Chespin evo, fake. No doubt. Way too pixelated. And I'm sure I saw a design similar to it a while back.

Yeah you probably did. I've been seeing that design for months on Mangafox in the little ad boxes below the page. It's fake, or someone is a really good guesser, or both. It's not impossible someone guessed correctly either. Some guy on Deviantart also drew a guess for what Firelord Ozai would look like in Avatar the Last Airbender and got it perfectly.

Oh I'm sorry the fake I saw was much better drawn and had a slightly different design. The one in the original post is a cheap knock-off.
pokemon-chespin-evolution.jpg

NOTE: This image is from January. WaterPokemonMaster didn't even start receiving leaks until February. So yeah. Fake as fake. Also the fakes could still be good guesses.

I actually like the one in the OP more.

[private]You guys should've made Teal expand on this post. Why does he like the one in the OP more?~KA[/private]

Fee said:
Salamencetrainer34 said:
Chespin evo, fake. No doubt. Way too pixelated. And I'm sure I saw a design similar to it a while back.

Yeah you probably did. I've been seeing that design for months on Mangafox in the little ad boxes below the page. It's fake, or someone is a really good guesser, or both. It's not impossible someone guessed correctly either. Some guy on Deviantart also drew a guess for what Firelord Ozai would look like in Avatar the Last Airbender and got it perfectly.

Oh I'm sorry the fakie I saw was much better drawn and had a slightly different design. The one in the original post is a cheap knock-off.

NOTE: This image is from January. WaterPokemonMaster didn't even start receiving leaks until February. So yeah. Fake as fake. Also the fakes could still be good guesses.

Almost all of the Chespin Evo fakes look like that. I say don't hold your breath. Plus, it's in Sugi style, "better drawn" is subjective.

This chespin possibility looks official and smoother.

xayshade said:
Fee said:
Oh I'm sorry the fakie I saw was much better drawn and had a slightly different design. The one in the original post is a cheap knock-off.

Almost all of the Chespin Evo fakes look like that. I say don't hold your breath. Plus, it's in Sugi style, "better drawn" is subjective.

This chespin possibility looks official and smoother.

Does anyone else get a "Grass Version of Typhlosion" vibe from this?

One thing I don't understand is why is the fire purple instead of staying red? Could it be a shiny form for Fennekin's evo?

EccentricLemur said:
One thing I don't understand is why is the fire purple instead of staying red? Could it be a shiny form for Fennekin's evo?

The way I see it, purple flames are usually connected with will-o-the-wisp or ghostly flames. It could be connected to its secondary typing.

Fire/Psychic. In japan, gold is sometimes seen as something that boosts psychic abilities, and souls have been depicted as blue, white, or purple lights of flame floating in the air. I gotta say, I like how we finally have a sleek and unisex looking starter. We've had most looking male, and only Meganium looking female. As for shiny colors, due to the raised color limit, I can see pokemon having more dramatic color differences with shinies. I can see Chespin having it's green turn blue and it's brown turn red, and tan turn white, as a reference to Sonic. Fennekin could turn brown and white instead of yellow and orange. Froakie may just end up purple or green as usual ._.

FloodBadge said:
Fire/Psychic. In japan, gold is sometimes seen as something that boosts psychic abilities, and souls have been depicted as blue, white, or purple lights of flame floating in the air. I gotta say, I like how we finally have a sleek and unisex looking starter. We've had most looking male, and only Meganium looking female. As for shiny colors, due to the raised color limit, I can see pokemon having more dramatic color differences with shinies. I can see Chespin having it's green turn blue and it's brown turn red, and tan turn white, as a reference to Sonic. Fennekin could turn brown and white instead of yellow and orange. Froakie may just end up purple or green as usual ._.

Hrmm. I thought Snivy looked female.

Servine does, but most people seemed to see Snivy as male for quite a while. Possibly due to Soul Eater's Excalibur.

Ohman177 said:
Frezgle said:
Aha, even the original artist knows that back leg looked weird.
I guess it wouldn't be a period of new Pokemon information without some convincing fakes. d:

I liked that shaymin sky form so much more than the real one.
Aye... the real one looks like a bad anime character... That one at least resembles the creature its suppose to be an alternate form of...

As for the confirmed fake starter forms, I've got mixed feelings... on the one hand, I'm hoping Fennekin's final form is a biped... on the other, that design was pretty sweet...

If Fennekin's evolution ends up Bipedal, it'll end up like the majority of starters. Let's see how many final starters end up quadropedal-
Venusaur, Meganium, Typhlosion (off and on), Swampert, Torterra, Infernape (off and on), Samurott.
How many quadropedal starters go bipedal-
Mudkip, Tepig

Besides, why would a telekinetic fox be Bipedal? It would make sense if it was fighting, but I can't see it happening, unless it turns out to be some extremely unusual Fighting-type with Psychic powers.

So it doesn't look like every other fire canine/fox in the franchise. While it would be nice to see a quadrupedal Fire starter for once, as in fully quad and not just the on/off thing, I would rather risk sticking to the bipedal trend than having Fennekin become a Ninetales copy.

There are a lot of ways it could be done, too! It could end up like a noble and have a fancy cape-like tail and such, or like a magician. The 'foxfire' kitsunes tend to have could simply be balls of psychic energy that Fennekin's evo holds too.

I kind of figured these guys were fake, though perhaps that's just because I saw them on Serebii's fake scan list a while back. Also I kind of didn't want them to be real. u_u

Ninetales and Vulpix are Kitsune, which is more of a Red Fox with multiple tails than a Fennec, so there should not be much of a similarity expected, as Fennecs have furry large ears and a smaller body than Kitsunes, and have been known in no mythology whatsoever.

I'd like these 2 to be real. Especially that Chespin evolution. It makes me imagine a 5'02" green spikeball coming right at you to end up uncurling and whipping you with it's Vine Whip tail. The fennekin one seems awesome as well, as it looks more spiritual and kinda makes me think of a Jet plane, due to the tail.

Evolution lines do change species/mythological bases, however. Charmander started out based off of the mythological Salamander that lives in fire, and then turned into a Western-style Dragon. And Tepig turned into a Chinese wrestler boar. So it is possible that they could just turn Fennekin into a different style of kitsune.

Hopefully, with the international release, it won't happen since so far they seem to be basing a lot of their designs off of European or otherwise internationally familiar concepts. I'm also suspicious about the lack of a bipedal mascot canine this generation (Lucario, Zoroark...) so that is probably what is going to happen to our lil fire fox.

Woah! Ok...if this is all real...I will freak! I mean, come on! The Chespin evolution makes me want Chespin even more!

I'm wondering if Chespin's evolution will be four-legged or bipedal...I'm hoping bipedal.

EDIT (7/7): Wait...oh, they're fake...

Dangit.

Back