XY Starter evolutions leaked?

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
Hi everyone
I was browsing the web, and came across these:
qY5jfpP.png
12Vgsz4.png
I can't find one for Froakie at the moment, but I'll try and see if I can.

I'm putting this out there before anything else: these are in no way confirmed and may be fake.

That aside, these look very much like what GF could do with the starters. They fit with the types that WPM's source gave out (Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark, Water/Fighting), Fennekin's looks very Fire/Psychic, but I can't really see how Chespin's looks Dark (but then again we've never seen a /Dark starter before so we can't really base it off anything), so I'm thinking it may just be a personality thing. (I was assuming Chespin would get a hood with it's chestnut hat or something)
It also looks like the supposed Chespin evo can roll up to attack. It also appears Fennekin's evo can unfold its tail, so maybe Froakie's evo could do something to do with it's foam.

discuss

EDIT: They're confirmed fake. No more to say.

I've got to admit, they look real... If they're fake, the person who came up with them did a very good job! Do you know who uploaded them originally? Or a source site?

I love how the tail can close into a form resembling Fennekins original tail. That's details gamefreak would employ.

I'm calling fake, as no source has been given.

Also, Fennekin's evolution looks like Kyubimon:
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQb1SG2J1zQ9jyJ3KEPE6uMmduocmARkx3me7qd3MVxop68nW6x

Fennekin's looks a bit too similar to several other fake Fennekin evolutions I've seen. Chespin's is pretty cool but it also has a sense of familiarity. I'm leaning on fake but only time will tell.

Wilderness said:
Also, Fen's evolution looks like Kyubimon:
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQb1SG2J1zQ9jyJ3KEPE6uMmduocmARkx3me7qd3MVxop68nW6x

I was just about to say that... But Kyubimon in turn resembles Ninetales (just without the flames coming out of the tails)...

They look quite believable though... and I like them... If these are fake, I just hope the real ones are at least as good...

I got to admit, I like the design of Fennekin's evolution, although it looks more like a middle stage than a final stage to me. The design is great, and I would be happy if the actual evolution would look like this. I guess we'll find out soon! Maybe the next CoroCoro will reveal something?

Drohn said:
I got to admit, I like the design of Fennekin's evolution, although it looks more like a middle stage than a final stage to me. The design is great, and I would be happy if the actual evolution would look like this. I guess we'll find out soon! Maybe the next CoroCoro will reveal something?

There's very little chance we'll officially see the starter evolutions in this month's CoroCoro, starter evolutions have always been kept quiet about until the games release.

Metalizard said:
Wilderness said:
Also, Fen's evolution looks like Kyubimon:

I was just about to say that... But Kyubimon in turn resembles Ninetales (just without the flames coming out of the tails)...

They look quite believable though... and I like them... If these are fake, I just hope the real ones are at least as good...

No this evolution looks more like Kyubimon. Ninetails was too sleek in my opinion. Kyubimon was shorter and wider, much like this Fenniken evo.

Didn't the Japanese text on the pictures themselves say they are fake? Can someone with a knowledge of Japanese confirm this?

Pretty good fakes (it seems a bit too early to be real). I like them. The only problem I have is with the Fennikin evo, it looks to much like shiny Reshiram, right down to the purple flames. I am also not a fan of the multiple tails. We have had two fox lines, and both were kitsunes. We do not need another kitsune line.

CyberCat5555 said:
Pretty good fakes (it seems a bit too early to be real). I like them. The only problem I have is with the Fennikin evo, it looks to much like shiny Reshiram, right down to the purple flames. I am also not a fan of the multiple tails. We have had two fox lines, and both were kitsunes, We do not need another kitsune line.

We actually have 4.

CyberCat5555 said:
Pretty good fakes (it seems a bit too early to be real).

It's 4 months until release, correct me if I'm wrong (I very well may be) but wasn't it around that amount of time between the Unova starter evos were on the anime reference sheet? Then there was that huge business with the real evos being leaked and someone claimed they were fake and all that happened.

I feel like I've seen that Chespin evo before (and is it just me, or is that pose weird for starter artwork?)

Fennekin's looks... Kind of weird.... And I'd be disappointed if that's what it is because we've had two Kitsune Pokemon already. Why not a jackal or something? Eh. The back legs in both of it look anatomically off, especially in the rear view. Pokemon are cartoony, but they're at least drawn with a good understanding of how legs work.

They look more convincing than any other fakes I've seen so far, but I wouldn't hold your breath. What's the source for these anyway?

I actually really like these, and if I wasn't sold on Fennekin before, I definitely am now.
I hope these are real.

P.DelSlayer said:
CyberCat5555 said:
Pretty good fakes (it seems a bit too early to be real).

its 4 months till release, correct me if I'm wrong (I very well may be) but wasn't it around that amount of time between the Unova starter evos were on the anime reference sheet, and then there was that huge business with the real evos being leaked and someone claimed they were fake and all that happened

It's almost just 3 months left now (oh my god o___o)

http://daycalc.appspot.com/10/12/2013

Exactly 100 days to go.

They're fake. The anatomy of Fennekin's evo is all wrong (especially the back-view), the paper texture looks fake and could well be the photoshop canvas texturiser option, and the actual japanese text mentions "cool" a few too many times, such as "this is a cool kitsune" and "a fox that is cool".

Back