SM10a \'GG End\' Mini-Set in April

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
Wait, does that mean MORE Pikachu and Eeveelution cards in this set? What happened to the dragons?

KK-Swizzle

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
raichu squared is ok, dont see how its ever better than pikarom ... maybe a one of tech, the first attack could be good in a tag team dominated meta?

Duke Erebus

Aspiring Trainer
Question: does Chandelure's attack allow you to put Fire Pokemon that were already in the discard pile (prior to using the attack) on the Bench, or does it only allow you to choose Fire Pokemon that were among the five cards discarded due to the attack? If it's the former, that adds a huge amount of consistency. If it's the latter, I could maybe see it still working as a deck: you could run a 4-4-4 line and hope to discard Lampent or Chandelure to more easily stream attackers. The attack does only cost a single Fire energy, after all, and even if you only discard two Pokemon, you're dealing 2HKO-level damage. It wouldn't be a great deck, but it could work.

Merovingian

Dead Game Enthusiast
Raichi & Alolan Raichu-GX is now Golisopod-GX 2: Electric Boogaloo.

I can see this being a thing in Expanded. 160 damage is kind of weird and needs assistance hitting some magic numbers, but non-coin toss Paralysis is very workable material

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Wait, does that mean MORE Pikachu and Eeveelution cards in this set? What happened to the dragons?

Has anything ever actually indicated this is a Dragon-themed set? No shade at all intended to WPM but he's the only one who has ever claimed that and it was based on a super early announcement of the set. The name is about Garchomp and Giratina, who got a TTGX. Everything else about this set so far looks like a mishmash of whatever.

And considering TTGX are basics and the Eevee is a promo, I'm going with no and no for more Pikachu/Eevee cards.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • ChuChu GX - Now we have ChuChu GX, where is the unblur image of Kangaskhan and Drifblim? Anyways, gosh bois! ChuChu's main atk was spammable with Zeraora. Whop a L energy for example a Koko PS or an energy from Volkner then Choice Band to do 190 and KO Buzzwole! :) We have Electropower so that it can do up to... (190+120 = 310) 310 and KO anything. You can use Thunder Mountain to make a 2-energy atk like Pikarom do. The problem is.. you need 2 ChuChus fueled with 2-3 L energy to do 190 every turn, at least.The GX atk is a One-shot thing! 5 Geodudes You can't use Jirachi in that manner since you can retreat once per turn.
  • Eevee - not loving it!
  • Chandelure - Ok! Good to set up your Salazzle or I should say Salasizzle. LOL. Then, launch an atkr to do huge damage for you. 3-4 Geodudes

SupremeLeaderQuagsire

Aspiring Trainer
Question: does Chandelure's attack allow you to put Fire Pokemon that were already in the discard pile (prior to using the attack) on the Bench, or does it only allow you to choose Fire Pokemon that were among the five cards discarded due to the attack? If it's the former, that adds a huge amount of consistency. If it's the latter, I could maybe see it still working as a deck: you could run a 4-4-4 line and hope to discard Lampent or Chandelure to more easily stream attackers. The attack does only cost a single Fire energy, after all, and even if you only discard two Pokemon, you're dealing 2HKO-level damage. It wouldn't be a great deck, but it could work.
Only Fire Pokémon you discarded as a result from the attack. If it were any Fire Pokémon in your discard pile, it would say "Fire Pokémon in your discard pile" and not "discarded Fire Pokémon."

OppositeAttract

Aspiring Trainer
Raitwo is quite interesting, and from the outset seems like a good alternative pokemon for pikarom to full blitz onto instead of another pikarom. I especially like how its GX attack can theoretically one shot some tag teams and moves Raitwo from the active simultaneously.

Wechselbalg

brb
Ehhh just as expected another lightning type TTGX...at least this one is balanced...I guess? Although I honestly don't think any [L] type TTGX can be balanced until Thunder Mountain, Electropower, Koko {*} and Electromagnetic Radar, and to a lesser extent, Zeraora-GX, are in the format.

Chandelure is interesting, and with the Dusk Stone it's not difficult to get it out T2, but unfortunately it still only seems meme territory to me.

Last edited:

KeoKeo

Aspiring Trainer
PikaRom, say hello to ChuChu. Maybe you can actually be viable again. Or people will keep on spamming out counter decks.
The chandelure looks pretty good if you pull it off correctly.

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
Not happy that Alolan Raichu is a Lightning-type. It's obvious that the TCG have blatantly failed to acknowledge the fact that Alolan Raichu is Electric/PSYCHIC!

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
TPCI: Oh, man, Zapdos went well! Everyone seems to be playing it, and it’s really selling out Team Up packs!
TPCI: Huh, how can we sell the next set... oh, I know! Make a Tag Team of it, but give it 3 Energy and more damage! Now, even the Raichu and Pikachu lovers will buy it! It’s perfect!
Everyone: the only thing that Zapdos was good for was attacking for low cost, and you kind of stole that and put it on a 3 Prize. No thank you.

Chandelure looks actually quite scary. Not the art, the actual card. You can just play Mallow, hit 130 for 1, and set up 2 Chandelure! Or anything else, for that matter. Otherwise, it’s quite inconsistent. Either way, props to TPCI for this card’s creativity and fun.

Eevee: Goodness gracious, I thought we were done with LGPE! Ever since you said it was a Dragon themed set, we’ve only seen 1 Dragon type. What’s with that?

Raichu: It’s more of an Alolan Recycledchu, but whatever. It’s okay, not gonna be played.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
I don't think there's gonna be any eeveelutions in this set personally, judging by the fact that it's a promo. There'll have to be a Pikachu, but I don't think there's going to be any of the eevees.