SM10a \'GG End\' Mini-Set in April

Mysticvulpix

Just be chill
If you’re behind on Prizes, this thing could quite handily hit 260 damage for one Energy (discard Energy + Ability + Diancie PS + Fighting Dojo + Black Belt)

Probably won’t make it worth playing over other Fighting archetypes in the future, but still pretty cool
A dual fight/dragon with Cynthia?

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Ah, finally, another Dragon ty— wait, whaddaya mean it’s Fighting? This is supposed to be a Dragon set! What the heck.

Wow, check out those numbers on Counter Aura! It doesn’t apply to other Pokémon, though, so the scope is limited. That’s 200 DMG maximum, which like @Timmony_tcg sait is either 260 or 290, which is really good for 2 Energy.
Either way, it’s a Stage 2. This Pokémon can’t be teched in to anything. It has to be run on its own. Truly problematic.

What does Garchomp have to do with auras anyway? Isn’t that more of a Lucario thing?

Nyora

A Cat
I think just the fact that a 1 prizer that can hit 290 makes it a pretty good deck to consider. (80 +40 + 80 + 20 + 50 + 40 = 290) and shrine of punishment ticks that magic 300. Expanded would also open up a tpn of options for this, gaining Korrina, Focus Sash, and Strong Energy.

Timmony_tcg

Aspiring Trainer
I think just the fact that a 1 prizer that can hit 290 makes it a pretty good deck to consider. (80 +40 + 80 + 20 + 50 + 40 = 290) and shrine of punishment ticks that magic 300. Expanded would also open up a tpn of options for this, gaining Korrina, Focus Sash, and Strong Energy.
Where does +50 come from (unless that’s supposed to be shorthand for Kukui + Choice Band)?

Also, if the second +40 refers to Fighting Dojo, getting that boost AND the tick from Shrine of Punishment would be v. impressive

iGeek256

I only use Electric types. Help me
Where does +50 come from (unless that’s supposed to be shorthand for Kukui + Choice Band)?

Also, if the second +40 refers to Fighting Dojo, getting that boost AND the tick from Shrine of Punishment would be v. impressive

Try adding brooklet hill to search out your Gibles and maybe even stack the Shrines.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Garchomp - 5 Geodudes. Use Mismagius and everything from Black Belt, Dojo, and the ability will work to do 260 for 1 energy.
  • Try adding brooklet hill to search out your Gibles and maybe even stack the Shrines.
    Well. You can play one Stadium per turn

Pokenerd

Aspiring Trainer
I think some people are forgetting it is a stage 2. Obviously you would play this in lucachomp. Maybe even it's own deck. Remember if you discard an energy you are doing 120. Weakness and Zoro and Pikarom are gone. This in my opinion is TEU Beedrill but better. Beedrill loses you a prize if you want to do k.o. damage. Garchomp does if you want to do more damage. It still does good damage both ways. Beedrill is a stage 2 you need to knock out. You can choose to just use a mismagius or even electrode GX on your terms to go behind... Instead of knocking out your stage 2 attacker. I think Garchomp is good even when not behind on prizes.

VuDu-JuJu

Intergalactic Trainer/Hitchhiker
Garchomp is amazing. Besides being one of my favourite Pokemon, it hits good numbers for minimal energy investment. Getting the ability to trigger might be harder than it seems (a deck focused around it would have a lot of single prize attackers, meaning your opponent will be taking prizes at a much slower rate), but the ability to consistently OHKO Pikarom is a big plus.

KazamEsper

Aspiring Trainer
I think this paired with the ascension gible and gabite, would do very well. Use two of these and 1 of the Cynthia powered Garchomp with lucario and it could be a deck. A rogue or casual, but not competitve in my opinion.

AngryBokoblin

Guzzlord is fun
Lucario works for this too, people.
Also, chandelure is now guaranteed to either be a prerelease promo or a blister promo.

gema5

Aspiring Trainer
So much potential to shine, it's not even fair. Will be a cold stop to eletric menace, in normal conditions it one shots any eletric mon around, not to mention zoroark and friends.

And not to forget, let's remind that all stage 2 decks start losing their matches. Also, free retreat makes him an awesome partner to skate jirachi.

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
Is every relevant fighting type mon going to hit for 240 damage now (weakness accounted) just to counter the big mistake that PikaZekrom was? I can't say I'm not surprised, but it still feels a bit forced. 120 damage for 2 energies and 1 discard is still pretty damn good. The potential to do 200 damage when behind in prizes is also pretty damn strong, I see Garchomp finally a viable rogue option again.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Nothing too special (interesting ability for sure, and Mind Jack's effect, albeit with [M][C] instead of [C][C] like BKT Zoroark) but I'm pretty happy to see Mawile get a GX. (I think I like the EXs better, but still pretty nice).