'Shocking Volt Tackle,' Japan's September Set!

It's called Hero's Bath in the actual games, so I'd assume it's gonna stay the same :p
yah i realised that after i posted that... but then i started thinking wait what happened to power plant it was origanaly like abandoned power factory or something like that

Well that Talonflame looks really nice. Definitely one of the better artworks we’ve seen this generation on an Ultra Rare. Keep us stuff like that and I just might start being more interested in these sets, just like what Tag Teams did for me.

I hear everyone complaining about more basic support when one: heros bath aint that good and two: numbers and speed are really the problem. Look at metagross and gardevoir in early sm. You need a slower format and/or ACTUALLY good evolutions to make them good. That's why cards like VMAXs, evolution cards, are starting to be good. They have big number.

Talonflame's turn 1 attack is fine if your deck works best behind on prizes. That's gonna get KO'd. If it switched to the bench too, that would be awesome.

That Dewott art is gorgeous! I've always thought Dewott had a cool design, but so few of its artworks do it justice...

Last edited:
So D block is basically over (just the mostly-reprint-set left) and we still don't know what Dragons will be in the TCG going forward. Interesting.

Oh and of course it's great to see Alakazam sneak its way in as a Basic again.

Last edited:
DEWOTT ART LOOKS SO GOOD AAAAAAAAAAAA OSHAWOTT LOOKS SO CUTE ASWELL IM SO HAPPYYYYYYYYYYYY. Also glad galarian darmanitan got a vmax

Never thought I'd see the day Darmanitan would get an Ultra Rare. Now it's not the Unova version, which is my favorite Pokemon ever, but the fact that this exists and I'm seeing it right now, I'm so happy

I'm liking Telephoto Lens Gal-Darmanitan VMAX + Arrowcuda snipe.

Gal-Darma gets 60 to every Benched Pokemon, then Arrow can snipe them for an additional 120. If Gal-Darma gets 120 onto them, Arrow can snipe for an additional 240, which KOs Benched VMAX.

Also I really wish Garbodor-Whimsicott was powerful enough to be a thing! Alas, it is not. Fun pairing though.

MY BOY AEGISLASH GETTING THE VMAX TREATMENT

Sad that Alakazam didn't get one tho, it would've been a fun nod to that episode of the anime with the giant Alakazam

Sad that Alakazam didn't get one tho, it would've been a fun nod to that episode of the anime with the giant Alakazam

Loved that episode!

I don't really play the TCG, but I've got to say that the artwork on many of these cards look phenomenal! Honestly, I see myself collecting some of these cards just for that reason alone.

what does the alakazam do?

Alakazam V – Psychic – HP190

[P] Thought Spoon: Place 3 damage counters on your opponent’s Pokemon in any way you like.

[P][P] Mind Ruler: 30x damage. Does 30 damage times the number of cards in your opponent’s hand.

Weakness: Darkness (x2)
Resistance: Fighting (-30)
Retreat: 1

Back