'Shocking Volt Tackle,' Japan's September Set!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, May 26, 2020.

1. steffenka Miss Vaanjie
    steffenka

It's called Hero's Bath in the actual games, so I'd assume it's gonna stay the same :p

2. Z_dude Aspiring Trainer
    Z_dude

yah i realised that after i posted that... but then i started thinking wait what happened to power plant it was origanaly like abandoned power factory or something like that

3. AshCo Ouchies!
    AshCo

Well that Talonflame looks really nice. Definitely one of the better artworks we’ve seen this generation on an Ultra Rare. Keep us stuff like that and I just might start being more interested in these sets, just like what Tag Teams did for me.

4. Nyora A Cat
    Nyora

I hear everyone complaining about more basic support when one: heros bath aint that good and two: numbers and speed are really the problem. Look at metagross and gardevoir in early sm. You need a slower format and/or ACTUALLY good evolutions to make them good. That's why cards like VMAXs, evolution cards, are starting to be good. They have big number.

5. Number51x Blasting off at the speed of light!
    Number51x

Talonflame's turn 1 attack is fine if your deck works best behind on prizes. That's gonna get KO'd. If it switched to the bench too, that would be awesome.

6. JustInBasil Aspiring Trainer
    JustInBasil

News Staff Member

7. ronangorski Aspiring Trainer
    ronangorski

Waiting.....

8. Shinxed3 Get Shinxed bro
    Shinxed3

Day 4,859 of waiting for a new Mantyke card:

maybe next year lol

9. Nekoban Ryo Schizoid Manchild
    Nekoban Ryo

That Dewott art is gorgeous! I've always thought Dewott had a cool design, but so few of its artworks do it justice...

Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
  10. Grass-Type Farm Owner Aspiring Trainer
    Grass-Type Farm Owner

So D block is basically over (just the mostly-reprint-set left) and we still don't know what Dragons will be in the TCG going forward. Interesting.

Oh and of course it's great to see Alakazam sneak its way in as a Basic again.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
  11. ForeverRanger91 Aspiring Trainer
    ForeverRanger91

No other Pokemon with Round other than Loudred and Exploud.

OVERGRO likes this.
  12. zigzag501 Samurott V please!!!
    zigzag501

DEWOTT ART LOOKS SO GOOD AAAAAAAAAAAA OSHAWOTT LOOKS SO CUTE ASWELL IM SO HAPPYYYYYYYYYYYY. Also glad galarian darmanitan got a vmax

AngryBokoblin likes this.
  13. AshCo Ouchies!
    AshCo

Never thought I'd see the day Darmanitan would get an Ultra Rare. Now it's not the Unova version, which is my favorite Pokemon ever, but the fact that this exists and I'm seeing it right now, I'm so happy

14. OVERGRO Pokemon is lyfe.
    OVERGRO

I'm liking Telephoto Lens Gal-Darmanitan VMAX + Arrowcuda snipe.

Gal-Darma gets 60 to every Benched Pokemon, then Arrow can snipe them for an additional 120. If Gal-Darma gets 120 onto them, Arrow can snipe for an additional 240, which KOs Benched VMAX.

Also I really wish Garbodor-Whimsicott was powerful enough to be a thing! Alas, it is not. Fun pairing though.

Shinxed3 and Ghostrickster like this.
  15. MasterGallade @Mithrarin on Twitter
    MasterGallade

MY BOY AEGISLASH GETTING THE VMAX TREATMENT

Sad that Alakazam didn't get one tho, it would've been a fun nod to that episode of the anime with the giant Alakazam

16. Ice Arceus #Jovimohnaeliackvid
    Ice Arceus

Forum Mod Advanced Member Member

Loved that episode!

I don't really play the TCG, but I've got to say that the artwork on many of these cards look phenomenal! Honestly, I see myself collecting some of these cards just for that reason alone.

mrpnut03 and AshCo like this.
  17. The Rhyperior I am still Mr. Rhyperior
    The Rhyperior

Just a reminder, Machamp line will be pushed forward to Champion's Path subset

18. GymLdrJesse Twitter @JessePrker
    GymLdrJesse

Advanced Member Member

what does the alakazam do?

19. JustInBasil Aspiring Trainer
    JustInBasil

News Staff Member

Alakazam V – Psychic – HP190

[P] Thought Spoon: Place 3 damage counters on your opponent’s Pokemon in any way you like.

[P][P] Mind Ruler: 30x damage. Does 30 damage times the number of cards in your opponent’s hand.

Weakness: Darkness (x2)
    Resistance: Fighting (-30)
    Retreat: 1

20. 村长sama Aspiring Trainer
    村长sama

Cool cards

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 4 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?