'Shocking Volt Tackle,' Japan's September Set!

Emerfirek

Aspiring Trainer
  • Terrakion - ehh. 160 if there's a stadium in play, actuallynot bad considering Bea and Fighting stuff that relies on being behind on prizes. Actually, it can be a really good tank Pokemon with Buff Padding. 3-4
It's 160 only if its owner's stadium is in play. Same deal as UNB Dugtrio, though this seems to be a sort of bigger version of that. Owner's stadium effects are strictly worse than any stadium effects like REC Garbodor. But these are still strictly better than those 'your stadium on your opponent's turn' effects like the old FCO Barbaracle (first one of those that came to mind, lol). B/c at least it's sth that you only need on your turn, so it doesn't matter how many counter stadiums the opponent plays as long as you can consistently counter their counter stadium w/ your own whenever you want to attack w/ Terrak.

CharizaedXbest

Aspiring Trainer
terrakion is basically the eternatus killer
the wording matters because it might be one of them "if there's any stadium in play"
reguardless chaotic swell, dojo whatever and vitality band and bam 340-360
better then sandaconda v that it gives 1 less prize

Z_dude

Aspiring Trainer
I just realized that reshi-krom is now broken with the new voltorb, and add welder and turbo patch to that... that is scary

ShinxieDim

bbbbbbbbbbbbbb
The Zapdos art alone makes me want to make a deck based around it.

Sheesh... I hope the artists are payed a lot

Nyora

A Cat
I love the fact that Zapdos does exactly 160 damage to an opposing Dedenne GX, but Crobat V has 180 and, without ACOG Scope, it's going to survive. Cramorant V did the same before, but this card gets easily loaded by PikaRom and doesn't risk two prizes.
You can't be so blatant, my dudes.
I'm not a standard player but isnt pikarom nowhere near as powerful anymore. Anywho I dont see any problem in this card, works alright with the new electrode, new scope, and offers fair bench snipe for lightning decks anyways

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Talonflame V - a Dedenne for the first player because players going first on their firstbturn gets some disadvantages. RRC - 160 very vanilla. 3-4
  • Circhester Bath - getting big basics some extra buff. 3-4

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
As always, Talonflame goes fast.

Hero's Bath is weirdly effective for Tag Teams, when so many other cards are straight-up anti-GX.

Kaizaac

Aspiring Trainer
Talonflame seems like it might be ok as a one-off in fire decks. Heroes bath is cool, might se play in decks like Lucmetal-Zacian or ADP Zacian.

Tytus

Expanded Best Format
So please tell me why basics are still getting more tools and stages 1s and 2s are still being shoved to the curb.

CatchTheGleam

Aspiring Trainer
Can't say I agree with even more Basic support... However, dropping this with a Cape'd Dubwool V late game will make a great, hard hitting final wall that your opponent will have to deal with, requiring 310 damage to OHKO. This doesn't apply to ADPZ of course, they can just gust up Dedenne/Crobat/Eldegoss and take 3 prizes for game.

johnwick

Aspiring Trainer
So, Hero's Bath plus Lucario Melmetal GX Attack plus Zamazenta Sturdy Steel Ability plus whatever is still Standard, since metal frying pan is out, means that specific Zamazenta will take minimum 70 less damage from attacks. Of course, your opponent's basics will take 20 less, but your opponent will have difficulty taking down your Zamazenta. What other cards are there that helps?

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
Am I the only one who thinks all this "cards that absolutely negate or f*** up entire niches of other cards" that seems to have clogged up the game more and more over the years is cheap and uninteresting as a design philosophy?

(I know the cards spoiled have nothing to do with this, the topic came to mind from some of the comments)

Z_dude

Aspiring Trainer
Who wants to bet when they translate it eventually that it will be hero's sauna or something lame like that

Hongo

Aspiring Trainer
Enjoying the fact that more and more V cards are featuring more than just art by 5ban Graphics.

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
Allow me to make an edit:

Each Stage 2 Pokemon in play takes 50 less damage from their opponent’s Pokemon V's attacks.

Ah yes. Much better.