'Shocking Volt Tackle,' Japan's September Set!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, May 26, 2020.

1. Mudkip_Is_God Aspiring Trainer
    Mudkip_Is_God

I love the FA Talonflame V, SR Memory Capsule, and FA Galarian Sirfetch'd V, but the colors on the SR Obstagoon just do not look good on that card.

2. Malavok Aspiring Trainer
    Malavok

I agree with AshCo. Too many rarities. I miss the XY days of just having full arts with a few secret rares. I also think the full art texture quality on English cards was better back then (I think it has gone downhill; Japanese cards are still good). I miss sets like Ancient Origins and Primal Clash. Those were fun to collect and pull rates were just right.

Personally, I at least liked the way rainbow rares looked in S/M (though could’ve done without them) but I do not like the way they look with the glitter now. I think it works with the gold cards but not the rainbow rares. And rainbow rare trainers are just stupid.

Shinxed3 likes this.
  3. bbb888 One Life. One Dream.
    bbb888

Remember back when Fossil set had 62 cards and no full arts, no gold cards, and no rainbow rares?

Yeah, me neither

4. Kyle J. Asplund Some birb boi
    Kyle J. Asplund

All those full arts look so nice. Too bad I got kicked out of home.

5. TheRealBro..

This. In that aspect Champions Path is actually doing it right. Chase cards are meant to be ''special''.

Yeah, Charizard get's done too much, but still that shiny Zard is what a chase card should be. Now, if all the cards in that set had a shiny counterpart in the secret rare section, the Zard would be nowhere near as cool.

That's the problem with the Rainbow Rares; Remember that silver Dialga from Phantom Forces? Yeah? Of course you do. Because it was a surprise. Remember any specific Rainbow rare other than Charizard? That's my point.

6. Geodude Aspiring Trainer
    Geodude

The way I see that is that the artists/designers/whatever probably wanted the backgrounds to be a distinctly different color than the Pokemon, so that the Pokemon are easy to distinguish at a glance.

7. Ilexon Aspiring Trainer
    Ilexon

That Obstagoon looks really cool, so does the Leon full art!

mrpnut03 likes this.
  8. mrpnut03 Aspiring Trainer
    mrpnut03

Advanced Member Member

I love that Charmeleon. The way it’s pushing apart the two engine/steam looking machines for some reason encapsulates the pokémon very well to me.

9. mrpnut03 Aspiring Trainer
    mrpnut03

Advanced Member Member

No doubt! Shout out to the artists. I love the variety of art styles that we get each and every time! The art really caters to different tastes and allows me to appreciate different interpretations of pokémon.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 1 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?