XY Shiny Pokémon Mechanics: Less Rare in X / Y

RE: Shiny Pokémon in X / Y: Less Rare and More Special

WalterREBoRN said:
KYL3HiLL4N said:
Does anyone know if the Masuda Method still works for sure. I believe so but i have hatched about 400 charmander eggs and still nothing, where as i had a shiny absol within 25 eggs.

Know your pain, but im pretty sure it does. I masuda methoded a shiny zorua a few days ago... Since then I've tried to MM a hawlucha, to no avail.

I think it does too, Ive hatched over 1300 Fennekin eggs and no dice. But I know lots of people hatch over 5000 with masuda method, so its all luck of the draw.

Can confirm shinys will appear in Friend Safari, and I think they may be more common here as well. Within five friends/safaris, I found two shinies (my first two ever!): Growlithe and Throh.

CMP said:
Can confirm shinys will appear in Friend Safari, and I think they may be more common here as well. Within five friends/safaris, I found two shinies (my first two ever!): Growlithe and Throh.

Around 60 encounters and no shiny Charmeleon.

Also, lots of people on youtube are saying the shiny rate has been rapidly decreased to like 1/1400 or something. That's ridiculous if true.

I found a Shiny Nincada in a Ground Friends Safari. It was my second encounter in that zone too. I evolved it and got both a Shiny Ninjask and Shiny Shedinja. :D

It was my first shiny ever too.

Apparently, lots of people are claiming the ratio of shiny pokemon (Safari Zone only) has been dramatically increased to 1/1400. Thoughts?

I got to get at least one shiny eevee I have so many if you want one just come to me

Pokemom must hate me. After around 300 encounters I got pokerus but no shiny charmeleon

Reggie McGigas said:
I think that horde battles give you an increased chance of getting a shiny Pokemon. After all, you are fighting 5 different pokemon.

Also, has anyone seen a shiny in the friend safari? I'd really like to know as I can get Charmeleon and shiny Charmeleon is a want for me :)

Soft Reset #724... shiny froakie be mine :(

Jackie said:
WalterREBoRN said:
Know your pain, but im pretty sure it does. I masuda methoded a shiny zorua a few days ago... Since then I've tried to MM a hawlucha, to no avail.

I think it does too, Ive hatched over 1300 Fennekin eggs and no dice. But I know lots of people hatch over 5000 with masuda method, so its all luck of the draw.

I am currently on about 25 boxes full (Been releasing a box when its full) and still nothing. I have been doing it for about 3 days. This is definitely the last shiny i am breeding for for a while. Gonna be my favorite though so its okay

EDIT: After around 1200-1400 hatched charmanders i have finally got my shiny. Unfortunately its female which just seems weird for charizard but i couldnt care now. It has a perfect nature and my team is finally ready!!!

Nice! I'm past the 1600 egg mark now, but i switched to breeding noibat since upon seeing Noivern's shiny form i absolutely have to have one! lol

Working on shiny Gigalith via MM because of its low egg steps and evolution level (3,840; 25; Trade) not o mention how epic it looks shiny :)

Also, here's a nice MM route for fast egg-hatchig:
-Have one Pokemon with the Flame Body ability on your team (Doesn't stack)
-If the man in front of the Day Care is facing the path ~ there's an egg, facing the fence ~ nothing
-Go right toward the town(Cyllage I think?) and (optionally) continue through it to the route on the other side
-Keep going back on forth between two locations so the name plate for the location names keeps showing up
-For a new egg to appear in the Day Care, you must enter a new location so yhe name plate shows (A new egg only appears sometimes) so the best thing to to is go to Cyllage since there's no loading/ transition screen making it faster than going to Zubat Roost
-Go back in forth around Cyllge and a neighboring root so quickly that the name plates aren't fully displayed when the next one shows up this way you increase your chances of finding an egg because you've gone to so many places
-Use a bicycle; it's easily faster then Roller Skating
-When you have a bunch of eggs, either go back and forth on the path in front of the lake or just circle around the fountain in Cyllage (It's more fun than it sounds)
-Hope for a shiny :D

EDIT: Not Cyllage; Camphrir.

I do believe they are less rare, I caught a shiny Audino and ten minutes later, I caught a shiny Lillipup in the Friend Safari!

Finally, after 2 days and 1600ish encounters I can end the hunt for a shiny Charmeleon. Named it Rockwell because I was listening to Rockwell on 80s on 8 when I found it.

Also, it's my first shiny in this game.

Anyone have any idea if the everstone trick still works with the Masuda Method? I'm getting paranoid that I'm breeding these hawluchas in vain because either A. The game made the two exclusive again or B. that it just won't have the desired nature (jolly)

WalterREBoRN said:
Anyone have any idea if the everstone trick still works with the Masuda Method? I'm getting paranoid that I'm breeding these hawluchas in vain because either A. The game made the two exclusive again or B. that it just won't have the desired nature (jolly)

Ive been masuda method breeding with an everstone and almost all of them are Modest like the mother. Of coarse I haven't been lucky enough to hatch a shiny with it yet though siiiigh. Almost 2000 eggs into it....

Yeah, they had to lower it. I believed that they had just when I heard the sheer amount that people were seeing, especially the people who saw their first one in these games. There's no way they would get that lucky overnight. ;p

But yeah, two Shinies yesterday (one Friend Safari) and one today from the Safari. Pretty crazy.

dmaster out.

I've never found a Shiny Pokémon, I may have in the past without realising, but not recently.

There's no doubt that the rate has been increased in the Friend Safari. I have found 12 shinies in 3 days, hunting on 2 games at the same time. The longest hunt didn't even take 500 encounters.

Pictures: http://imgur.com/a/e5w9w

I think they are less rare, as I found a shiny Gible in the Lumiose Badlands, but still, it's not like we expect to find a shiny when we're training, so the surprise is still there and they are still just as special.

I really wish that you could use the pokeradar in the friend safari. It would make getting shiny pokemon unbelievably easy. I'm glad that they didnt but also kind of wish they did allow us to use the radar. Oh well, no point in making it to easy

Back