XY Shiny Pokémon Mechanics: Less Rare in X / Y

RE: Shiny Pokémon: Less Rare and More Special

Teal said:
Shiny Pokémon have become less special due to RNG. RNG:ers (cheaters in Nintendo's eyes: RNG is officially BANNED!) have boxes full of shinies while legimate players usually don't even see one damn shiny during their many-hundred-hour long play. That is hardly a good thing. Last time I have met a totally random shiny was in FireRed. Since I have played like 1000 hours...

So yes, I am all in for less rare shinies. Everyone should be able to meet at least one during their play. How about 1:3000? ;)

PS: I have the shiny charm in White 2 but I haven't really played since getting the charm as my main task was done on the very same second I got the charm... .^.

RNG? What's that?

Teal said:
Mitja said:
I'd prefer very common (~10%) 3 fitting alternate colorations of regular pokemon over "shinies" any day.
That is way too common. They wouldn't feel special at all and it would feel almost like you are forced to catch your team mates in special colours, then, since they still are so common... More than one shiny version would be cool, though.

That's pretty much like the odds of finding a Boldore or Tynamo in Chargestone cave in B2W2. It's rare, but still common. If shinies were that common, they would be △.

in case you dont know the rarity symbol system, it's a system used in the game guides to shoe rarity of a pokemon in areas. it displays this by the pokemon's name on a list of pokemon in the area.
◎ = Very Common
○ = Common
△ = Rare
▲ = Very Rare
╳ = Unobtainable (only used in Gen 4 guides for Morning/Day/Night)

RE: Shiny Pokémon: Less Rare and More Special

Teal said:
Shiny Pokémon have become less special due to RNG. RNG:ers (cheaters in Nintendo's eyes: RNG is officially BANNED!)

Ok, so can you provide a link to where NINTENDO said manipulating the RNG was banned or considered cheating? AFAIK only external cheating devices and Pokemon generated with said devices are banned. And you know since the Pokemon Company actually handles those aspects of the games, Im not quite sure that holds any water. Plus, there is no possible way to tell if a Pokemon is RNGd, shiny or not, since they are completely generated within the game using NO cheat devices.

I remember reading awhile back that someone from organized play mentioned its 'not against the rules' but does 'sort of violate the spirit of the game'.

If they make shinies more common, great! Or even mitjas idea (which i recall mentioning a few months ago) would be fantastic, but the fact is, the older fanbase have jobs and lives and learning to RNG saves time and still allows those who are competitive to compete with the 'kids' who have 10 hours a day to hatch eggs or soft reset.

RE: Shiny Pokémon: Less Rare and More Special in 6th Gen?

Ysmir said:
Let's drop the Hacking talk guys because it's not allowed and personally I do not like hacking anyway for any reason.

Next person to ignore this will receive a warning. This is not a place to discuss such activities. Let's get back on track about how you feel about the coming changes to Shiny Pokémon.

I dont know if I've said this before, but what if they made each pokemon have it's own Shiny Ratio? I mean like a Shiny version of the Gender Ratio. I got this idea from the fact that albino rabbits are so extremely common, and then Albino horses are unheard of (meaning some animals have a greater chance to be born albino than others). This would be rather interesting, and could even out the shiny problem easily, in my opinion.

I'd make legendaries have a 0% shiny ratio then lol

Mitja said:

Shiny Ratio:
1/125 (Pokemon that are based off of animals with high albinism rate, like Rabbits)
1/850
1/2000
1/6040 (Starters are here)
1/12040 (Legendary pokemon are here)
Something like this. I still think it would be fair to give legendaries a shot at being shiny (except for those actually distributed through events. If it's actually an item that activates an in-game event, that's different. In game event legendaries should be allowed to be shiny, but very low chance. The lower the better.)

RE: Shiny Pokémon in X / Y: Less Rare and More Special

Depending on the rarity and whatnot, why not make the ratios to reflect it?
It'll make it so that it'll still be rewarding to find the shiny, but you'll still get it in eventual time.

Shiny Rates:

Non-Masuda Method> 15%
Masuda Method> 45%
Starters> 15%
Common> 20%
Uncommon> 15%
Rare> 10%
Legend> 5%

TomoEGoto said:
Depending on the rarity and whatnot, why not make the ratios to reflect it?
It'll make it so that it'll still be rewarding to find the shiny, but you'll still get it in eventual time.

Shiny Rates:

Non-Masuda Method> 15%
Masuda Method> 45%
Starters> 15%
Common> 20%
Uncommon> 15%
Rare> 10%
Legend> 5%

That's way too high a chance for any of those, it would make shinies pointless.

*[mod]Drohn[/mod]: I corrected some things in your post. Please do your best to use proper spelling/grammar/capitalisation at all times! :) *

I agree with the person above me.

Also if someone could explain to me the jist of how/why your name affects how shinies appear, that'd be great. I've heard it a few times, but never understood it

It's not the name, it's the Trainer ID.
Apparently the numbers in the Trainer ID are calculated with the SID of the wild pokemon you encounter, and then it chooses whether or not it will turn out shiny.

It's calculated with your trainer ID and SID. If those match up in a certain way with the encountered Pokemon's personality value, it's shiny.
No certain trainer ID or SID have a greater chance of producing Shinies. It's 1 in 8192 for everyone, or more likely with the Masuda Method and/or Shiny Charm.

I've only found a shiny once in the Safari Zone (I can bet you know how that ended...)
I need my revenge. I need a shiny Sandslash. Please let me have one Pokemon X! Please make them easier (and possible if you like me and only hope to find them randomly) to find!

Shinies should definitely be more common. Just not too common as the element of surprise is always fun and it's fun to see what your friends happened to find!

I've been playing Pokemon since Red/Blue, and I've only found three shinies over the last 15? years! ^__^

They were a Rhyhorn and Golbat, and I them both on Victory Road on the original Silver. And the third was an awesome surprise, being a Electrode found in Rocket's Hideout in Mahogany Town on Heart Gold! There are I think 6 Electrodes there, and one of them was a Shiny :D

I would like for shiny Pokemon to be least a bit more common. Something like 1/2000 or so. I've actually had really good luck getting them, considering I've never really been a hunter or used the radar/charm, but I always get the crappiest Pokemon as shiny.

Over all my years of playing, I've got: Crobat, Pelipper, Raticate (x2), Garbodor, Liepard, Sawk, and Golem.

It would just be nice to get a shiny I actually like. (I like Crobat, but I don't like his shiny colorization.)

If it ups the chance I'm all for it, to this day I have never encountered a legit shiny in the wild save for the static ones (Haxorus/Red Gyarados/Gamestop Events).

FloodBadge said:
Mitja said:

Shiny Ratio:
1/125 (Pokemon that are based off of animals with high albinism rate, like Rabbits)
1/850
1/2000
1/6040 (Starters are here)
1/12040 (Legendary pokemon are here)
Something like this. I still think it would be fair to give legendaries a shot at being shiny (except for those actually distributed through events. If it's actually an item that activates an in-game event, that's different. In game event legendaries should be allowed to be shiny, but very low chance. The lower the better.)

Is this just what you guys are saying you want the shiny encounter rate to be or is it the actual thing

Does the masuda method still work in X?

ryter78 said:
Does the masuda method still work in X?

I'm led to believe so. I started MMing for a zorua last night, and got one this morning, first egg of the second batch held a shiny zorua. I wasn't counting though. Trying to narrow it down with a Hawlucha this time, but no luck so far. I'm hoping the everstone trick doesn't ruin the odds, I want a jolly shiny hawlucha...

EDIT: Also, I'd keep them rare, but not ridiculously rare. They need to be special, but they need to be accessable to you know, people who've never found them before. This is coming from someone who Masuda methods a lot (without luck until my zorua, admittedly), and has had plently of random shinies in the psat (like a recent kricketune.)

looking_for_references_by_corzeir-d6q4n0g.jpg

shiny diggersby is like bunnelby. brown is now white, body is stil silver gray, and the yellow streak is now a light apricot

Back