XY Shiny Pokémon Mechanics: Less Rare in X / Y

RE: Shiny Pokémon: Less Rare and More Special

Leaf_Ranger said:
Like I've said in another thread about people's first shinies, I don't really care about them but I still love the thrill when finding one, so I think that they should keep it as it is. Like I've also said before, I'd like to see regional differences in Pokémon colors, like the Valencia Island's Pokémon where, for example, Butterfree has yellow wings with colored spots, Vileplumes have different colored petal, etc..
My shiny collection has five members, the last one being a Zubat that I captured last week in HG's Safari Zone. It's the second Pokémon that I capture with a single Pkball in a Safari (the first was my first shiny: a Rhyhorn in LF). =D

That would be a good idea. Take real life for example: one litter of adorable puppies could contain a dozen different color combinations. And yet with hundreds or thousands of pokemon spread across different regions, they all look the same, aside from the oh-so-rare shiny? (pretty much the same as an albino in reality)

Just a couple subtle variations here and there would be cool.

PsychedelicBreakfast said:
I've encountered only 3 shiny Pokemon in the games, from G/S to B/W, so yeah, I would like if they were more common.

Same exact thing here, only 3 from G/S to B/W2. Maybe 1/6000 during your journey, but they become more common during post game (1/4200). Or maybe they are more common in certain areas, like caves (1/3500) but finding them in plains are hard (1/6500)

I like that they are rare to find. The thrill when you find one is incredible. But I support the idea of having more variations and one of them could have an easier way to catch

I like that they're rare. I've only had four shinies (the red gyrados everyone has not included)

1.My Shiny buizel that I traded away long ago
2.My Shiny Evee that evolved into a shiny Glaceon ( that I miss so dearly. ;_; )
3. My shiny Roselia that has evolved into Roserade ( That I still have and love so much <3)
4. My Shiny Dragonair (That I REFUSE to evolve cause it's so pretty)

But yeah I never hunt them, they all just come to me in the wild when I'm searching for that specific pokemon. So it takes away from that OOOH IM SO LUCKY moment. haha
Maybe I should play the lottery. :eek:

What do you think about the thing they said in the interview about the shiny Pokemon being special with their colors?
Any chance we will see a true shiny Garchomp ?

98Greener said:
Shiny Pokemon should still be rare, but there should be some sort of punishment for people who hack for shinies. Like, shinies will not listen to you if hacked.

=/ I'm leaving these forums forever I'm not even joking.

I think shinies should be easier to find for one time only, just so everyone can have an easier time getting their favorite Pokémon as a shiny. I'm still not saying that they should be super easy for that one time either. You'd still have to be really lucky. I'd just like it to be easier to go after that one shiny Pokémon you want more than all others.

I think it would be fun, but what about it will still be special? is it going to be that their will be 2 shiny forms to pokemon :) (not likely but would like it very much :p) I will still be thrilled of just finding a shiny pokemon, I only found like 8 shiny pokemon :) so it would be fun. I agree about the hacked Pokémon :) it would be fun if that happened, but what if you trade a pokemon for a shiny over the GTS, then you get a Pokémon that won't listen to you :)

I would like to point out that hacked pokemon from gen v will not be able to be transferred to gen vi and at this point in time, so far as i know, there is no way to hack the 3ds so none of this hacked pokemon not listening to you craziness needs to apply.

Shiny Collector said:
I would like to point out that hacked pokemon from gen v will not be able to be transferred to gen vi and at this point in time, so far as i know, there is no way to hack the 3ds so none of this hacked pokemon not listening to you craziness needs to apply.

Well, yeah but very well made hacked Pokémon may still pass through but let's see how that's going to work out. =X

I hate how gf has devalued shinies in recent years, sucks for all those people who sred for certain shinies back in gen3-4 such as dratini only to find out you can get a free one in w2.

I think the shiny thing is fine being a bit more common, as long as it's not TOO common. I mean, albinism is what it's based off of, and that's been getting a bit more common in some animals lately. Maybe they could make it so each pokemon has a shiny ratio, and each shiny you get in a one to 3 month period lowers the chance of encountering another within that period.

RE: Shiny Pokémon: Less Rare and More Special in 6th Gen?

I think they should remain rare, but the chance of finding one should be increased in the wild.

I just think that the chance of finding one should be lowered to the point where finding one in the main story would be uncommon, instead of a 1 in 8000 chance of finding one which is honestly ridiculous.

The only shiny I have ever found naturally was a Shiny Exeggcute in Pokemon Silver in the Safari Zone. naturally it ran away before I could catch it. All the other Shinies I have came from events (Shiny Raichu, Shiny Raikou) or were spoonfed by the game (Shiny Dragonite, Shiny Gyarados, Shiny Haxorus) or the Shiny Drifblim I soft-resetted for in Diamond. (which is my favourite shiny pokemon ever :3)

I've never really had the satisfaction of finding a shiny in the wild, because it's simply too rare for the casual player who doesn't grind for specific pokemon.

I also think there should be a special kind of Poke-Ball that has increased success rate on shiny pokemon.

You can all go "1 in a million chances makes it so much speciul", but honestly,

I'd prefer very common (~10%) 3 fitting alternate colorations of regular pokemon over "shinies" any day.

With fitting I mean, deliberately chosen ones that don't look eye-cancer-hue looks-like-bot-made-it ones.

Example:
regular: 85%
purple: 5% (rises to 10% in night-time)
yellow: 5% (rises to 10% during morning)
orange: 5% (rises to 10% during day)
kpbx.png

Oh and without the sparky effects too.

I guess I just dislike how shinies feel so forced, instead of being something natural.

^That's a really cool idea. Shinies should be available on top of this, so you still get that special moment of finding one.

Mitja said:
You can all go "1 in a million chances makes it so much speciul", but honestly,

I'd prefer very common (~10%) 3 fitting alternate colorations of regular pokemon over "shinies" any day.

With fitting I mean, deliberately chosen ones that don't look eye-cancer-hue looks-like-bot-made-it ones.

Example:
regular: 85%
purple: 5% (rises to 10% in night-time)
yellow: 5% (rises to 10% during morning)
orange: 5% (rises to 10% during day)
kpbx.png

Oh and without the sparky effects too.

I guess I just dislike how shinies feel so forced, instead of being something natural.

I think there should just be 2 shinies. one that has a 4% encounter rate and one that has a 1% encounter rate, as shinies are based off of Albinism, but albino has an opposite. It's called melanism, when there is excessive pigment. It basically turns that red and white to pitch black. One popular example of melanism is a black panther, just as rabbits are a popular example of albinism. If they did this, I'd prefer they didn't call them Dark or anything. Maybe Unsiny or something? I'd love for them to do this and make shinies have more contrast from the normal version (like with Charizard) and have the Unshinies have less (like Heatmor)

Personally, coming from someone who hasn't found a single shiny in the wild since LG/FR I saw they should lower the encounter rate. Like...around 1/6000 - 1/7000 from the about 1/8000. I'd like to have a shiny that I catch on my own, not one I get in trade, given to me by the game, in an event, or hacking to use for a playthrogh of my white version. (I play through it fully legitly in all my other games. I bought white just for hacking.).

Axell Starr said:
Personally, coming from someone who hasn't found a single shiny in the wild since LG/FR I saw they should lower the encounter rate. Like...around 1/6000 - 1/7000 from the about 1/8000. I'd like to have a shiny that I catch on my own, not one I get in trade, given to me by the game, in an event, or hacking to use for a playthrogh of my white version. (I play through it fully legitly in all my other games. I bought white just for hacking.).

Hacking is altering the game's programming on purpose (such as changing Pichachu's sprite to be blue and have star shaped cheeks, or putting in another song to replace some music). Cheating is just temporarily taking control of the programming.

Anyway, im getting a bit off topic here. I'm sorry.

Let's drop the Hacking talk guys because it's not allowed and personally I do not like hacking anyway for any reason.

As for the Shinies I've been one of the lucky ones who has encountered probably 20 + shinies and all of them were Random Encounters. That being said I like to really explore when I play the games and I like to EV train my in game Pokemon so it makes sense in a way that I would have such an encounter rate over the years. I still remember the first shinies I ever found which were a Sentret and Kingler back in G/S/C days. If I were to change shinies I'd maybe slightly lower the natural encounter rate but I am all for them being rare still. Perhaps 1 out of 6,500 or so.

Yeah, i'm the same as you, Ysmir. In total I've got 4 soft reset shinies (my Emboar, my female Samurott, my Ho-oh, and my Mewtwo)
The rest were just randomly shiny (Latias, Machoke, Electrode, Miltank, Typhlosion, Serperior, Blissey, Scolipede, Chatot, another Chatot, Marill, Ampharos, Charmander, Taillow, and Regigigas).
Out of those, none are from events, and only 2 (Typhlosion and Charmander) were bred. Technically, the Charmander was from my cousin, though.
And if you're going to say something about how I can't get final evolution starters shiny without the pre-evolution, this is just their current form.

Anyway, I think I read somewhere that the shiny encounter rate is based on your Trainer ID, and a wild pokemon's ID or Nature or something. right? So, if that's true... Could that mean that some Trainer ID's are more compatible with shiny pokemon and raise the chances of shinies being found than other ID's?
That could explain how I have so many SS shinies and how i have 5 legal shinies on my White 2 and only 1 on Diamond and 0 on my Black, Pearl, Platinum, Heartgold, White, or Black 2.

Shiny Pokémon have become less special due to RNG. RNG:ers (cheaters in Nintendo's eyes: RNG is officially BANNED!) have boxes full of shinies while legimate players usually don't even see one damn shiny during their many-hundred-hour long play. That is hardly a good thing. Last time I have met a totally random shiny was in FireRed. Since I have played like 1000 hours...

So yes, I am all in for less rare shinies. Everyone should be able to meet at least one during their play. How about 1:3000? ;)

PS: I have the shiny charm in White 2 but I haven't really played since getting the charm as my main task was done on the very same second I got the charm... .^.

Mitja said:
That is way too common. They wouldn't feel special at all and it would feel almost like you are forced to catch your team mates in special colours, then, since they still are so common... More than one shiny version would be cool, though.

Back