'Rising Fist' Scans and Translations! [6/11]

Why nobody mention simple Lucario EX? I think it is the main attacker with figthing engine. Lucario EX + strong energy + laserbank + machamp on the bench easily set up with Korrina and rare candy...we now have 100 dmg for i F energy AND can use muscle band for 120 dmg OR focus sash + max potiom for infinite life!

You know, it occurs to me that we have so many Scraggy/Scrafty and yet they are all dark type Pokemon. You would think that, especially in a set like this that focused on fighting pokemon, we'd get fighting versions of Scraggy/Scrafty. Kind of saddening actually.

Athena said:
I was really looking forward to seeing the Amaura and Tyrunt lines cards... but disappointing 5ban artwork is disappointing. At least I get a new Bellsprout card to make up for it! :D

Really? I think the cards for the fossil Pokemon line looks stunning, especially Aurorus(?). Actually, I've loved all the 5ban cards for the sixth gen mons thus far. I guess it has to due with personal taste but I see how some can be annoyed of 5bans works as its extremely common now.

jdivinity said:
Athena said:
I was really looking forward to seeing the Amaura and Tyrunt lines cards... but disappointing 5ban artwork is disappointing. At least I get a new Bellsprout card to make up for it! :D

Really? I think the cards for the fossil Pokemon line looks stunning, especially Aurorus(?). Actually, I've loved all the 5ban cards for the sixth gen mons thus far. I guess it has to due with personal taste but I see how some can be annoyed of 5bans works as its extremely common now.

I agree! That Aurorus card is glorious. It's definitely the best card artwork wise out of the fossils in my opinion. I think it's more that every artwork for the new pokemon have been from 5ban, it would be nice to have a good mix of both 2D and 3D artworks. Hopefully in the future! c:

And just on the side, that Heracross FA is stunning. Drool everywhere. Can't stop salivating. :I

The scans of hitmonchan and hitmonlee need to be switched. The scan of hitmonchan is next to hitmonlee's card info and, hitmonlee is next to hitmonchan's card info.

jdivinity said:
Athena said:

It's a well done render but... It lacks personality, like most of the 5ban art pieces. I'd rather artwork with more soul to it than something that is just generic. For example, the Jynx in this set is really awesome, I think, and that's not even a Pokémon I care for. But, like you said, it's all a matter of personal taste. :p

everydayspark said:
Why nobody mention simple Lucario EX? I think it is the main attacker with figthing engine. Lucario EX + strong energy + laserbank + machamp on the bench easily set up with Korrina and rare candy...we now have 100 dmg for i F energy AND can use muscle band for 120 dmg OR focus sash + max potiom for infinite life!
Why run laser bank instead of fighting stadium
Machamp seems like a waste of space (fun rogue). I'd rather run counters to other decks than a whole 4-1-4 line with candies
Focus sash looks awesome (you don't need max potion it will always live on ten)... But then megaphone and laser.... *sigh*

Counters to lucario?
Mewtwo?
Lol lemme drop dis azelf, uxie, and mespeit on my bench. Lolol now I gotta test it XD

Thank god they didn't waste five more spots to include all of the Eeveelutions in this set. Still the Pokemon selection for this set isn't as excited as I thought it'd be. I'd sacrifice the umpteenth Cubchoo and Beartic prints in the last three years for some near-forgotten lines in the TCG like Finneon or Clamperl.

PsychedelicBreakfast said:
Slaking's weakness and resistance need editing.
There's pretty bunch of mistakes in that attacks/weaknesses…

Weepinbell's “Tsuru no muchi” (Vine whip) does 20 damage for [G][C] and its second attack's name's “Doku eki” which is something with poison (I'm not that skilled in japanese yet) – anyways, it does 40 damage and poisons the opponent…

Victreebel Though japanes may have different wording, it'd be acceptable to “redirect“ it into english like: “Heal 30 damage from this Pokémon.“

Poliwhirl has no 140 HP…

Aurorus is misspelled as Auroras.

Machamp's attack wording have to be “During your opponent's next turn, any damage done by opponent's attack is reduced by 40.“ in english format.

btw. LoL, the Hitmonlee's second attack is pretty useless, when it can hurt for the same amount of damage for 1 energy. :D

Mienfoo's second attack shoul read [C][C] Leap out 30 Flip a coin. If tails, this attack does nothing.

Vibrava's first attack's effect is no more too blurry. I expect something like “Attach xx energies from your discard pile/deck to 1 of your Pokémon” or something similar. Its second attack has no effect other than doing damage.

Lickitung's attack should read “… this attack does nothing.“ insted of “fails”.

Trapinch, 2 colorless for TEN damage? Wth?
There's Eevee with the same price and damage… like I already said: more pathetic then Magikarp.
So with Politoed's ability, Poliwrath could do 60 damage for no energy. Very interesting...
That'd be awesome; of course, there's still the “drawback”, that you have to evolve two Pokémon twice to get them both… and there aren't many way to get them so fast if you're not extremely lucky with Ultra Balls/PokéFan Club (which only looks for basic forms)…

So far my favorite cards in this set are:

* Blaziken - The best part about this card is that it's a Stage 2 instead of a Basic while it has amazing consistency with DCE, Fiery Torch, and Blacksmith for easy setup and the 150 bench snipe is a nice bonus as well. I can see this having amazing synergy with Raichu from XY since it also uses DCE for Circle Circuit where it shouldn't have a problem against VirGen, Yeti, and Yveltal/Garbodor since it doesn't rely heavily on abilities like other Stage 2 decks do.

* Battle Reporter - It's Copycat without the requirement of shuffling your hand into your deck which is nice considering that there's too many shuffle draw supporters in this format and not enough draw that enables you to keep what's in your hand upon playing it. It's different from discard draw supporters such as Juniper and Sycamore that increases the risk of discarding resources that could cost you a game, so Battle Reporter is something we needed in this format in a long while.

Can you imagine?... How many more sets they are going to need to make where they include mega pokemon if they only do 2 in a set at a time? You might have to wait a year from now to see Mega Gyarados or any of the other megas to be in the TCG. Good thing I only like a few Mega pokemon.

On another note, does anyone know why Ryo Ueda does all full art pokemon card apart from 5ban graphics? This sets EX full art cards are way better than Flashfire.

Well most Mega Evolutions in the TCG right now aren't that playable competitively anyway bar from Mega Kangaskhan which easily gets one shotted by Lucario EX. If Mega Evolution's were designed like how Lv. X's worked in DPP Era they would've seen more play but as it stands they're too slow to keep up.

If we assume there are no more mega evolutions to be revealed in OR/AS and that each Mega Pokemon only gets one type version there are twenty eight uncarded megas and if they only do two per set that's fourteen more sets before they all come out. That's also ignoring however they choose to do Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre. If they're handled the same way as Megas that makes it fifteen sets.

NotSeen said:
So with Politoed's ability, Poliwrath could do 60 damage for no energy. Very interesting...
That'd be awesome; of course, there's still the “drawback”, that you have to evolve two Pokémon twice to get them both… and there aren't many way to get them so fast if you're not extremely lucky with Ultra Balls/PokéFan Club (which only looks for basic forms)…

Yeah, it can be tricky getting 2 stage twos up and running with ease. I run Emboar and Delphox in a deck and it's not always easy getting both on the board at the same time or even within a turn of each other. I might play with the Poli family though, for a fun deck, at the very least.

Lots of amazing artwork and impressive cards in the set Im really looking forward to it! Tyrantrum card looks a little lame, the megas look goofy, aand the secret rares are really REALLY lame. Those are my only gripes. I really hope we get the SR changed to full art megas instead of gold bordered. FA mega charizards was a big missed opportunity. Really strong set though, Im excited for the future of the tcg in XY era

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but do I see on 71/96 a Flygon being chased by a Hariyama on a beach filled with other pedestrians? Next to Emboar from Legendary Treasures, this is easily one of the goofiest card i've seen in a long time!

The art is looking super fine in this set.
I like the Jynx card using that with an active Goodra would get pretty annoying. I appreciate the two sides of the deck that counter each other, the fighting can really pack the punches while grass, along with other types supporting like jynx, is all about recovery.

I can't believe I overlooked Seismitoad EX, Item Lock for a DCE being paired with Garbodor for Ability Lock? Seriously what was TPCi thinking?

Back