'Remix Bout,' Japan's July Set!

VuDu-JuJu

Intergalactic Trainer/Hitchhiker
Why couldn't we just get a regular Venusaur GX and a Blastoise+something else Tag Team GX to round each of the Kanto starters out??? This is so unnecessary and at least 2 of these will probably be worthless. Give us other stuff, like Glalie and Froslass GX, or more Fairy and Fighting GXs!
They could still appeal to the Gen 1 fans and give us Fairy and Fighting GXs. I mean, we have tons of pairings ripe for the picking: Hitmonchan & Hitmonlee, Clefable & Togepi, Onix & Geodude....but nope. We get the same Pokemon in just a different form like always.

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
They could still appeal to the Gen 1 fans and give us Fairy and Fighting GXs. I mean, we have tons of pairings ripe for the picking: Hitmonchan & Hitmonlee, Clefable & Togepi, Onix & Geodude....but nope. We get the same Pokemon in just a different form like always.
I really want Gallade in a pairing because it never did get a card this Gen!

Sombres

Aspiring Trainer
so many opportunities for tag teams with cool, less seen pokemon wasted with nostalgia bait...oof

RealArity

Cold Weather-seeker
I'm pretty disappointed by this. Not only did Charizard and Venusaur get their 2nd TTGXs (plus the 2 other Zard GXs from earlier in the year), but they completely missed out on an opportunity to at least give Swampert a GX considering its counterparts got GXs previously. Not that I'm surprised since they already have a track record of completing trio groups (Landorus, Terrakion), but they had a chance to do it and they blew it up again.

Always remember to temper expectations folks!

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
I'm pretty disappointed by this. Not only did Charizard and Venusaur get their 2nd TTGXs (plus the 2 other Zard GXs from earlier in the year), but they completely missed out on an opportunity to at least give Swampert a GX considering its counterparts got GXs previously. Not that I'm surprised since they already have a track record of completing trio groups (Landorus, Terrakion), but they had a chance to do it and they blew it up again.

And they neglect random Pokémon too. They could do all Pokémon in a Generation, but no, Charizard and random exclusions like Bellossom and Gallade just drag the whole thing down. Not to mention they only gave 1 neglected Mega a card and left the other alone for my Charizard stuff. :/

How many more people actually buy sets with Charizard in them over ones that don't? I have a feeling it's Gamefreak telling them what to promote.

Sombres

Aspiring Trainer
they already have a track record of completing trio groups (Landorus, Terrakion), but they had a chance to do it and they blew it up again.

Remember when Registeel got an EX in early BW era, Regirock got one much, much later mid to late XY, and Regice was left in the dust? oof.

Errffy Jones

Aspiring Trainer
Fighting/Ground Tag Team of Hitmontrio or Kabutops/Omastar would've been great type and nostalgia representation. Alakazam as part of a tag team circumvents the kadabra problem. No Luxray or Absol seems wrong. No Shaymin/Victini/Groudon/Kyogre/Regis is weak. And Terrekion, Swampert, Landrous continue to hold their blank places in my binder. Free Swampert! I've got a few spots saved for Alolan Sandslash and Alolan Dugtrio too. Double Alolan Steel Tag Team anybody!
Completely agree with others, this was a great opportunity for Johto starters or making this Kanto starters with Serperior, Delphox, & EMPOLEON. So many other great combinations possible too! We really aren't going to get a Solrock/Lunala TagTeam in the SUN &MOON era where TagTeams were created?! Still holding out hope Nidoqueen/Nidoking can happen to promote Sword and Shield era. Love the team concepts and feel it's potential isnt being maximized...ugh

Graven

Eminem TTGX
I know the Fire meta is dominating, but I sincerely hope Snivysuar TTGX is good. It's nice to see some Gen 5 representation in a TTGX (especially considering my favourite starter lineup are the Serps).

braywing

Aspiring Trainer
5 psychic ttgxs
4 grass ttgxs (including Snivy & Venusaur-GX)
2 fire ttgxs (both of them has Charizard)

1 fighting ttgx, 1 fairy ttgx

I personally don't like their taste in choosing ttgxs... All Pokemons are equal, but some Pokemons are more equal than others.

It isn’t that out of hand atleast not yet, he’ll even dragon has two tag teams already and that type barely gets any love

treyh37

Watcher of Thorns
Charizard has 2 tag teams now, there are so many other fire starters to combine instead of this. Would have preferred braixen and emboar.

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
How deep in debt is TPCi that they need to print more Charizard cards

Reprint ACE SPECs and your problems will be solved

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Actually, the fourth Charizard GX (anger!) isn’t so bad.
GX attack is tho.
Armored Mewtwo looking sweet in that art.

Poke_collector

Aspiring Trainer
I hope this Zard won’t be as expensive as reshizard but, knowing players and nostalgia nerds, it will be even if it’s not playable

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
It's a weird feeling seeing Charizard cards and actually expecting them to be good.