'Remix Bout,' Japan's July Set!

KazamEsper

Aspiring Trainer
If they follow the timing for Sun & Moon, then september will still be Sun and Moon, and Feb will be the release for Sword and Shield (with a November/December release in Japan).
The switch games Sword and Shield are going to be released this year. Too me it would make more sense if SW base set would be released around that time or a few weeks before. Since almost all the GEN9 pokemon have been finalized and created and the towns and items in the new region are at 85% completion. The set GG End will probably be our set before Sword&Shield Base set. We didn't get japan's Ultra Shiny GX set. So i dont think we will be recieving Remix Bout either.

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
The switch games Sword and Shield are going to be released this year. Too me it would make more sense if SW base set would be released around that time or a few weeks before. Since almost all the GEN9 pokemon have been finalized and created and the towns and items in the new region are at 85% completion. The set GG End will probably be our set before Sword&Shield Base set. We didn't get japan's Ultra Shiny GX set. So i dont think we will be recieving Remix Bout either.
No, I think the first English Gen 8 set will come out in Jan/Feb.

Scoop

Literally a sheep

We have historically gotten our sets coinciding with a new core game in February. This has been the case for years now, especially because of the November release dates every Pokemon game has gotten for the last five years. Japan generally gets the sets in December.

XY releases November 2013, Japan gets the set in December, and we get XY base in Feb. 2014
ORAS releases in November 2014, Japan gets Gaia Volcano/Tidal Storm in december, we get Primal Clash in Feb. 2015
Sun and Moon releases November, Japan got their SM base in Dec. 2016, we got SM Base in Feb. 2016.
USUM and Let's Go (Going by my view that Team Up is the Let's Go set) have followed suit, so knowing that Sword and Shield are coming out in late 2019, it's pretty much certain we're getting our Sword and Shield base set in Feb. 2020.

Also, you can't be certain we're not getting Remix Bout. We don't even know the kind of set it's going to be. I think Ultra Shiny could very well be either in promo products or its own set a la Shining Legends or Dragon Majesty, but we'll see.

iGeek256

I only use Electric types. Help me
It could just be starter related, but why do we need 2+ Kanto sets anyway? Shouldn't all mon from Gen 1 be cards by then? Just make a Gen 5 set already or at least make one for mon that haven't been in a set this gen.
No, they’re going to keep making gen 1 sets until they have released all 151 on cards (this includes the Abra line)

Last edited:

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
No, there going to keep making gen 1 sets until they have released all 151 on cards (this includes the Abra line)
No, maybe Abra and Alakazam can make it, but Kadabra can't, plus all other Gen 1 Pokémon have cards in SM sets anyway.
Though including provos and evos, we still have: Pichu, Igglybuff, Bellossom, Smoochum, Elekid, Magby and Mime Jr. left.

I still think this will be a starter based set, where starter cards get reprinted or get alternative artwork.

iGeek256

I only use Electric types. Help me
No, maybe Abra and Alakazam can make it, but Kadabra can't, plus all other Gen 1 Pokémon have cards in SM sets anyway.
Though including provos and evos, we still have: Pichu, Igglybuff, Bellossom, Smoochum, Elekid, Magby and Mime Jr. left.

I still think this will be a starter based set, where starter cards get reprinted or get alternative artwork.
I think we are also going to get a tag team with Blastoise in it.

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer

Then the Pokémon Company will need to be warned this: No Kadabra, no Abra or Alakazam; fakers will create Kadabra in protest against the ban until Kadabra is released. Either way, the fakers are the winners and Uri Geller is the loser.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
I don't think TPCi cares about 25 fans on the internet being outspoken about no Kadabra cards when a) there are plenty of Pokemon who aren't controversial who barely get cards even without being the center of controversy and b) the effects of being tied up in more litigation with Uri Gellar surely outweighs the negative effects of said internet fans.

Last edited:

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
Remix Bout could have these cards if it's starter based:

Leafeon - Grass
Meganium - Grass
Meganium GX - Grass
Sceptile - Grass
Serperior - Grass
Charmander - Fire
Charmeleon - Fire
Charizard - Fire
Flareon - Fire
Typhlosion - Fire
Typhlosion GX - Fire
Squirtle - Water
Wartortle - Water
Blastoise - Water
Vaporeon - Water
Feraligatr - Water
Feraligatr GX - Water
Glaceon - Water
Samurott - Water
Pikachu - Electric
Raichu - Electric
Jolteon - Electric
Pichu - Electric
Bulbasaur - Psychic
Ivysaur - Psychic
Venusaur - Psychic
Espeon - Psychic
Delphox - Psychic
Delphox GX - Psychic
Decidueye - Psychic
Blaziken - Fighting
Swampert - Fighting
Torterra - Fighting
Infernape - Fighting
Emboar - Fighting
Chesnaught - Fighting
Chesnaught GX - Fighting
Umbreon - Darkness
Greninja - Darkness
Greninja GX - Darkness
Incineroar - Darkness
Empoleon - Metal
Sylveon - Fairy
Primarina - Fairy
Venusaur Charizard Blastoise GX - Colorless
Eevee - Colorless
Sceptile Blaziken Swampter GX - Colorless
Torterra Infernape Empoleon GX - Colorless
Serperior Emboar Samurott GX - Colorless
Decidueye Incineroar Primarina GX - Colorless

+ 14 Support/Item/Stadium cards
+ 5 HR/SR

Vaskemaskinen

Henlo ^^
We already have a Charizard tag team and a Venusaur tag team...
Let other guys have a chance, for example Breeloom/Toxicroack Tag team GX.
Also, they seem to heavily appeal on gen 1 mons. Like for real? Charizard and Pikachu are actually viable cards now!

Guess it is a good move to try to capitalize on Detective Pikachu movie.

Also for gen 8 pokemon stuff, can corviknight maybe have item lock or something so it can be viable <3

MegaPod_781

Bug Thug
Oh, nice, Braixen gets to be featured in a Tag Team. Can’t wait to see what that’s like! I wonder how good the Venusaur & Snivy GX will be, too, since I do have a preference of Snivy to Venusaur’s previous Tag Team partner.

atlasgcx

Aspiring Trainer
5 psychic ttgxs
4 grass ttgxs (including Snivy & Venusaur-GX)
2 fire ttgxs (both of them has Charizard)

1 fighting ttgx, 1 fairy ttgx

I personally don't like their taste in choosing ttgxs... All Pokemons are equal, but some Pokemons are more equal than others.