'Remix Bout,' Japan's July Set!

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Luckily, it seems we are getting a Flying focused set. There are a lot of Unovan Flying Types that haven't made it to cards yet.
Yeah, hoping they can fit in as much flying as they can with the set.

Unova: Snivy, Servine, Serpiror, Tepig, Pignite, Emboar, Oshawott, Dewott, Samurott, Munna, Musharna, Pidove, Tranquill, Unfezant, Woobat, Swoobat, Drilbur, Excadrill, Audino, Timburr, Gurdurr, Conkeldurr, Tympole, Palpitoad, Seismitoad, Throh, Sewaddle, Swadloon, Leavanny, Basculin, Maractus, Dwebble, Crustle, Tirtouga, Carracosta, Archen, Archeops, Solosis, Duosion, Reuniclus, Ducklett, Swanna, Deerling, Sawsbuck, Foongus, Amoonguss, Frillish, Jellicent, Klink, Klang, Klinklang, Elgyem, Beheeyem, Axew, Fraxure, Haxorus, Cryogonal, Mienfoo, Mienshao, Rufflet, Braviary, Terrakion, Tornadus, Thundurus

Tornadus and Thundurus got promo GXs last year, if that counts.

A lot of these are some of my favorite gen 5s, I often do forget about how many they haven't included yet because I've been working on my BW era collection as of late. I really hope they can get a lot of them in sets, and with the way Japan just shoots sets out like no tomorrow, hopefully they can do that somewhat (Lets Go came out at a bad time for Gen 5 cards, sadly). I'm just happy Darmanitan, my favorite Pokemon, has gotten 2 cards in the last year after a 5 year dry spell.

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah, hoping they can fit in as much flying as they can with the set.

Tornadus and Thundurus got promo GXs last year, if that counts.

A lot of these are some of my favorite gen 5s, I often do forget about how many they haven't included yet because I've been working on my BW era collection as of late. I really hope they can get a lot of them in sets, and with the way Japan just shoots sets out like no tomorrow, hopefully they can do that somewhat (Lets Go came out at a bad time for Gen 5 cards, sadly). I'm just happy Darmanitan, my favorite Pokemon, has gotten 2 cards in the last year after a 5 year dry spell.
I don't get why Gen 5 and 6 starters get random treatment, since Chespin and Tepig were ignored when the other starters got releases.

Also, what's the point of Legendary Trios/Quartents if some just get left behind? Poor Terrakion last got a card in Gen 5.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
I don't get why Gen 5 and 6 starters get random treatment, since Chespin and Tepig were ignored when the other starters got releases.

Also, what's the point of Legendary Trios/Quartents if some just get left behind? Poor Terrakion last got a card in Gen 5.

Yeah, I really think that the region based sets could have done the starters better. Poor Unova gets it really weird though, Serperior and Boar got SRs in gen 5 where Samurott got completely ignored.

It actually irritates me when they don't do all of a trio or group in the TCG. For instance...

-Regice and Suicune never got EXs when the rest of their trios did.
-Mesprit, Uxie, Azelf didn't get them either, and they barely get any representation either.
-Arceus never got an EX despite every other mythical getting one.
-Mega Pinsir, Latias, Banette, Lopunny, Abomasnow, Sableye, and possibly one or two I'm forgetting about? Yeah, forget that was ever a thing. Even a complete mega collection is never truly complete.

As a collector, it really drives me insane. And they're doing it with sun and moon too! Where's the final trial pokemon? What about the alolan forms? It's looking like they're not going to happen and it really makes me kinda sad.

This is the kind of stuff that boggles my mind as a collector. And, don't get me wrong, I love a lot of the XY eras Charizards, they look fantastic in a binder. But they had more than enough the chance to be able to fit in what was left to be fit in.

Also, you're right about Terrakion. It needs some representation again if it's been nearly 6 years.

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah, I really think that the region based sets could have done the starters better. Poor Unova gets it really weird though, Serperior and Boar got SRs in gen 5 where Samurott got completely ignored.

It actually irritates me when they don't do all of a trio or group in the TCG. For instance...

-Regice and Suicune never got EXs when the rest of their trios did.
-Mesprit, Uxie, Azelf didn't get them either, and they barely get any representation either.
-Arceus never got an EX despite every other mythical getting one.
-Mega Pinsir, Latias, Banette, Lopunny, Abomasnow, Sableye, and possibly one or two I'm forgetting about? Yeah, forget that was ever a thing. Even a complete mega collection is never truly complete.

As a collector, it really drives me insane. And they're doing it with sun and moon too! Where's the final trial pokemon? What about the alolan forms? It's looking like they're not going to happen and it really makes me kinda sad.

This is the kind of stuff that boggles my mind as a collector. And, don't get me wrong, I love a lot of the XY eras Charizards, they look fantastic in a binder. But they had more than enough the chance to be able to fit in what was left to be fit in.

Also, you're right about Terrakion. It needs some representation again if it's been nearly 6 years.
Plus they decided to bring back Babies in the TCG of all things, despite the fact that everyone was OK with leaving them behind for more cards that can be used competitively.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Plus they decided to bring back Babies in the TCG of all things, despite the fact that everyone was OK with leaving them behind for more cards that can be used competitively.
I actually think the Babies being back is a great thing, personally, because I really don't care about the competitive scene at all (and actually think it's working at a detriment for collectors, cough cough Expanded format driving up prices of less desirable collectibles like computer search, cough) and kinda missed having them around. But that's just me, I can see that point though.

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
The problem with flying sets is they always end up being dragon types. Look at Roaring Skies. Not a single bird ultra rare in the set. Still salty about it.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account

But all of the Alolan Pokemon including the Alolan forms have received cards already? What do you mean?

Uh... no? I don't even like Baby Pokemon but every Pokemon has fans and there's no reason to exclude them like there is for Kadabra. Especially when there's always going to be unplayable set filler anyway, who cares if it's Happiny or a 17th print of Meowth?

Last edited:

Scoop

Literally a sheep
But all of the Alolan Pokemon including the Alolan forms have received cards already? What do you mean?
My apologies, I meant Ultra Rares. Dugtrio, Sandslash, Persian, and Raichu, iirc. are lacking them. I just like it when every Pokemon of a group receives an Ultra Rare for a little mini feeling of completion.

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
We did get a ton of Charizard cards back to back. Rayquaza seems way overdue. After all, dragons are much cooler than birds...
Bleh, as long as all Starters, Legendaries and Pseudo Legendaries get cards this Gen. Though I'm worried about the Gen 5 Starters and Terrakion.

crystal_pidgeot

Bleh, as long as all Starters, Legendaries and Pseudo Legendaries get cards this Gen. Though I'm worried about the Gen 5 Starters and Terrakion.

I don't know their process for deciding what Pokemon gets a card or at least an ultra rare. As of now, it feels like TPCi thinks the TCG is dying and just have to keep making the same Pokemon. They are scared make anything else. When I said I wanted a Pidgeot-EX, someone told me it would never happen because there is no way to make the card but I always new all you do is give it Mirror Move and something else, which they ended up doing.

It the main reason I hate that so many Pokemon get the flying type because it always overshadow the bird Pokemon. When I heard about Roaring Skies was coming out, I was excited for the possibility of a Pidgeot-EX, Staraptor-EX or Talonflame-EX but it never happen. It was just dragon Pokemon, and they had two sets before that. I mean, not even Talonflame got an EX and that was its gen but Charizard got how may EX cards?

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
I don't know their process for deciding what Pokemon gets a card or at least an ultra rare. As of now, it feels like TPCi thinks the TCG is dying and just have to keep making the same Pokemon. They are scared make anything else. When I said I wanted a Pidgeot-EX, someone told me it would never happen because there is no way to make the card but I always new all you do is give it Mirror Move and something else, which they ended up doing.

It the main reason I hate that so many Pokemon get the flying type because it always overshadow the bird Pokemon. When I heard about Roaring Skies was coming out, I was excited for the possibility of a Pidgeot-EX, Staraptor-EX or Talonflame-EX but it never happen. It was just dragon Pokemon, and they had two sets before that. I mean, not even Talonflame got an EX and that was its gen but Charizard got how may EX cards?
:(

They may still give Flying Types a chance to shine, because they could just release all the Dragons they want to in GG End.

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah, I know but it all goes back to Charizard.

1- "We need to make more colorless Pokemon that people want"
2- "How about a colorless Charizard"
1- "YOU ARE A GENIUS!"
Colorless Salamence
Colorless Rayquaza
Colorless Dragonite
Colorless Noivern
Colorless Altaria (Actual bird!)

crystal_pidgeot

Colorless Salamence
Colorless Rayquaza
Colorless Dragonite
Colorless Noivern
Colorless Altaria (Actual bird!)

And there is your flying set. All dragons. I'll take and Altaria. Not sure why they made it a dragon type though.