Region Locking - UGH!

Will region locking affect you?

• Total voters

Spoink!

Haters Gonna Hate :-)
I am so upset that the 3DS is region locked. I really wanted to be able to play Mameshiba 3DS, but it's probably never going to come out in America. Importing new Pokemon games is out of the question too. They say that it's for a "better gaming experience," but I'm really frustrated by it.

Seriously, what is the purpose of this? Region locking is unfair whether you're trying to get games early of getting games not available at all.

Buying two 3DS is out of the question.

What are you going to do? Do you know of a solution?

I know right!! I hate regon locking! Shouldn't they be happy that you're will to give them money?!
The only thing I could think of to solve this (for Mameshiba 3DS game) would to download it to you PC and not play it in 3D... :( It's sad, but if you're not wanting to buy another 3DS I guess it's the only way to play Mameshiba.

Honestly, region locking does not bother me at all, mostly cause I just wait for games announced for America, wait, and pick them up at gamestop, though I'm sure for some of our more impatient friends or just people who want exclusives from other countries (Japan). But all in all it isn't too bad, I still get my Pokeman. :)

PikabooPikachu said:
Is the Wii regoin locked. cause i was wanted a dance game that only came out in Japan...
Yes, the Wii is region locked. You cannot play imported games from another country on your Wii.

Ice Arceus said:
Yes, the Wii is region locked. You cannot play imported games from another country on your Wii.

NOOOOOO!!!! WHY!!! UGH! I have to use Youtube now.... i don't even know if i'm doing the moves right then...

GyaradosPrime said:
I don't even play alot of games on the DS or wii but that is ridiculous it serves no purpose

I think it's to stop people from importing games that aren't released in that country.

Like the game in question wasn't released in America. So there has to be a reason for that, and it doesn't make sense to let American consoles play it. :D

My sources say that you can take out the regoin lock part in your systems. They say that's how he got his play sation, Super NES to play imported games.

pokemon99 said:
I think it's to stop people from importing games that aren't released in that country.

Like the gae in question wasn't released in America. So there has to be a reason for that, and it doesn't make sense to let American consoles play it. :D

Most of those games are games that are based off an anime/manga (ex. Tokyo Mew Mew PS games, Suzumiya Haruhi no Gekidou the game I wanted, Mameshiba). Therefore the game company doesn't think alot of people will buy them, so they don't bother wasting money to releash. Then you have some... odd japanese games....

I really hate the region lock, so my solution is play it on your PC, that is what I do....

I hate it too, but it's there for a reason. As stated above, most of the foreign games are just... Weird... Yes, you may want to play them, so you think, "If they released it here I would buy it!" but you are one out of millions.

Seriously, this reminds me too much of Rainfall. Boy that gets on my last nerve now. Look at Nintendo's Facebook page, I dare you, then you will see why I half want region-lock to stay. That may sound like I'm just a butthead who doesn't give a care for others, but sheesh they have taken it too far.

I just realized how bad my wording is with this post, though hopefully it's understandable. :X

^^^
Yay... The Japanese make some VERY STRANGE GAMES!!! But the only anim/maga games that are reaselse in the US are main stream titles, like Bleach, Naruto, Full Metal Alchemist, etc.

But I don't like downloading the games onto my Pc beacue I like suporting the titles by paying for it. At least the people who make it will get some profit.

Back