TCG Fakes Reggie McGigas's Image-Based Fake Cards: Wailmer and Wailord

RE: Reggie McGigas's Fake Cards (Latest Card: Celebi EX)

Hegafire0 said:
Reggie, why can't you recieve PMs? I want to talk without coating your wall in miscellaneous talk.

I do not wish to recive PMs. If you want to talk to me, just do it here.

7924427_orig.jpeg

just fixed celebi, I don't think you can put a card in yout hand.

I think that the ability is fine, but I think the attack could use a bit of work. I think the attack would be really cool if it was something like,

[G][G] Future Sight- 40
Flip a coin. If heads, reveal one of your prize cards. You may replace that prize card with a card from your hand.

You don't have to use it, I just think that the card would be cool and unique, and mabye wouldn't always sit on the bench. If you want to use it, then just modify the card, I'm fine with it.

Hegafire0 said:
I think that the ability is fine, but I think the attack could use a bit of work. I think the attack would be really cool if it was something like,

[G][G] Future Sight- 40
Flip a coin. If heads, reveal one of your prize cards. You may replace that prize card with a card from your hand.

You don't have to use it, I just think that the card would be cool and unique, and mabye wouldn't always sit on the bench. If you want to use it, then just modify the card, I'm fine with it.

OMG
I love it, and I will use it for my next card: Porygon Z!

I will tinker around with it, and maybe adjust it so it will look something like this

[C][C] Code Modify 20

Feel free to use it. I like thinking of lots of cool attacks and abilities, but I can't really do imaged fakes, and on my forum, no one really paid much attention since they were text based. If you turn PM on (I think you have to tinker around with your User CP (next to the log out button)), you can message me the idea for a next card, and I'll figure out the attacks, PM them back, and you make and post the card.

To turn on PM, go to the User CP panel. Then click 'Edit Options.' You should see a checkable box that says 'Receive private messages from other users.' Check this, and then you can recieve PMs.

Hegafire0 said:
Feel free to use it. I like thinking of lots of cool attacks and abilities, but I can't really do imaged fakes, and on my forum, no one really paid much attention since they were text based. If you turn PM on (I think you have to tinker around with your User CP (next to the log out button)), you can message me the idea for a next card, and I'll figure out the attacks, PM them back, and you make and post the card.

Well, there is nothing wrong with text based cards! I'll give it a look.

Also aschefield101, Blui, Hegafire0, Ice Arceus, Reggie McGigas are currently browsing this thread. I'm popular :)

Reggie McGigas said:
Hegafire0 said:

Well, there is nothing wrong with text based cards! I'll give it a look.

Also aschefield101, Blui, Hegafire0, Ice Arceus, Reggie McGigas are currently browsing this thread. I'm popular :)

There's nothing wrong with text based cards, I will give it a look.

I'm just saying that others don't pay attention to it, and that I can message you text for images, because card images are much more viewed.

Arcticwhite said:
That Swampert is good, but I think it'll look better if you add a holo sheet over the background. I would suggest the holo being the sparkly dot one (don't know what to call it) and you put two over the background. I don't know if you do this in Gimp because I use Photoshop, but you might be able to apply it here:

1. The bottom holo sheet should be Multiply (you might be able to find that in Gimp)
2. The top holo sheet should be Colour Dodge
3. You can change the Opacity of the bottom sheet depending on how you want it to look
4. Change the Opacity of the top holo sheet depending on how you want it to look
5. You should be done with a nice, new holo card!

Finished Articwhite's request

722630_orig.jpeg

I gotta agree It does look alot better.

RE: Reggie McGigas's Fake Cards (Latest Card: Swampert 2.0)

Ye s, that looks a lot better now. You can use that technique on all cards that need to/ want to be shiny. Celebi EX looks epic, but seems non holo. Are you going to make your other EX cards holo? I think Celebi EX is my favourite card in this thread so far, though.

RE: Reggie McGigas's Fake Cards (Latest Card: Swampert 2.0)

Arcticwhite said:
Ye s, that looks a lot better now. You can use that technique on all cards that need to/ want to be shiny. Celebi EX looks epic, but seems non holo. Are you going to make your other EX cards holo? I think Celebi EX is my favourite card in this thread so far, though.

I dunno, I will probally add holoness to them soon

RE: Reggie McGigas's Fake Cards (Latest Card: Porygon Z)

All hail Porygon-Z
5257943_orig.jpeg

If anyone gets the Codebreaker reference I will be impressed

Special Thanks to Hegafire0 for inspiration on the attack Code Manuplation

aschefield101 said:
I love that art piece!

Thanks! Jjao from deviantart made it. Deviantart is a good source for artwork!

EDIT: Just realized this artwork was similar to a Pokemon employee's artwork, sui. Do you like sui's artwork?

Reggie McGigas said:
All hail Porygon-Z
5257943_orig.jpeg

If anyone gets the Codebreaker reference I will be impressed

Special Thanks to Hegafire0 for inspiration on the attack Code Manuplation

Just saying, but you spent manipulation wrong.

Hey Reggie McGigas, just letting you know but you need to ask an artist if you're going to use a piece of their art, they could say no (I've been turned down several times).
Nice card though, but you misspelled manipulation wrong (and the aformentioned text font problem, but I'll leave that one)

Make sure to add proper punctuation. You're missing a period at the end of the description. Also, remember that Pokemon is spelled "Pokémon."

Ice Arceus said:
Make sure to add proper punctuation. You're missing a period at the end of the description. Also, remember that Pokemon is spelled "Pokémon."

The font won't let me do Pokémon, and I will fix the text errors soon. Maybe this could be a misprint card!

Wow GIMP sure does have some odd limitations, however its free so can't complain.

However I did read on here that photoshop 2 was made free to all, or was I dreaming lol

aschefield101 said:
Wow GIMP sure does have some odd limitations, however its free so can't complain.

However I did read on here that photoshop 2 was made free to all, or was I dreaming lol

It is.
http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/
But as you can see they don't even recommend using it (LOL)

EDIT: Nekoban Ryo uses GIMP so if Regi needs it he can go to him

aschefield101 said:

Yup, I work with what I can work with. I also gotta thank Nekoban cause he made my set logo and he made a new GIMP font guide so I don't have to use the outdated one.

EDIT: Here is Porygon Z with the errors fixed. NEXT: Arceus EX (Hegafire0 Request)

325697_orig.jpeg

Reggie McGigas said:
aschefield101 said:

Yup, I work with what I can work with. I also gotta thank Nekoban cause he made my set logo and he made a new GIMP font guide so I don't have to use the outdated one.

EDIT: Here is Porygon Z with the errors fixed. NEXT: Arceus EX (Hegafire0 Request)

325697_orig.jpeg

Thanks! You're using the one from my forum right?

Back