TCG Fakes Reggie McGigas's Image-Based Fake Cards: Wailmer and Wailord

Reggie McGigas

-
RE: Reggie McGigas's Fake Cards (Latest Card: Porygon Z)

Ok, this post was deleted by someone so I'll post it again, as it is a VERY Important update

The fonts have finally been fixed. Unfourtunatly I will have to have my requests postponed until I revise ALL the cards. Sorry. However most of the fonts are fixed and should look alot better.

EDIT: Shiny Registeel v3

I think I've come along way from my first fake! This one has most of the correct fonts (Some still wouldn't install but I'm happy enough with 90% of the correct fonts) Enjoy :)

6671570_orig.jpeg

9626619_orig.jpeg

What's this?

4961910_orig.jpeg

I won't be posting the full version as there will probally be a grass type cac in may, and if there isn't I'll post it then.

Here is a EX FA test

2437442_orig.jpeg

It's just a test, and I will finish it soon. I will add symbol textures and the golden lining to the artwork. Enjoy!

Also, I am starting to get a lack of comments here so please feel free to post constructive critisism about anything, even the fonts. Still I hope you enjoy! :)

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
RE: Reggie McGigas's Fake Cards. Latest Card- The Time Travler - WIP

These are looking much nicer now that the fonts have been changed. Still a shame that you can't get Gill Sans Condensed Bold installed, though.

On Full-Arts, make sure the foil doesn't overlap any text, including Weakness, Resistance, and Retreat. There are a couple ways to prevent this, but the easiest is probably to duplicate the template layer, drag it to the top, select the WRR text, invert your selection, and delete.

Also, how come the strokes on the symbols are orange? Did you do that on purpose? Also, Victini has an error at the bottom of the art (there is white space and the left part of the border got nicked).

Keep it up!

AlexanderTheAwesome

Go! Chandelure!

Lovin it!!!!! You must do a chandelure EX though cause he's a boss

Arcticwhite

You win or you die.

You are definitely improving on your cards, make more and you're on your way to becoming a master. Oh, and you spelled 'traveller' wrong in your thread title.

Blui

lv85 paladin

Hey Regi, I wouldn't hold on til may with that Celebi, and I wouldn't use Celebi for it at all if you're also having it for a CaC. The foil is way to strong on it. And the textures on Regigigas are, well, awful. They're much too dark, put a Dodge layer above it and play around with opacity a bit on both layers.

Reggie McGigas

-

Thanks guys for the critisism

@Blui- Regigigas EX FA was a test. Thanks

@Arcwhite- Thanks so much! I will fix that error.

@AlexanderTheAwesome- Thanks! Look for chandalure EX after I do my Arceus EX Request and fix some other cards.

@Nekoban Ryo- I'll try to get to the Victini today, no promises as I am very busy. Also the symbols on Regigigas just appeared like that, and it didnt look bad so I kept it.

5054875_orig.jpeg

enjoy

Reggie McGigas

-
RE: Reggie McGigas's Fake Cards. Latest Card-Arceus EX

Here's the finished version of Arceus EX. For his second attack I could not fit 4 energy so I did 3 energy. Sorry about that. Hope you enjoy.

8904288_orig.jpeg

Remember the credits are on my website.

Reggie McGigas

-
RE: Reggie McGigas's Fake Cards. New- I heard you like Mudkips

7824564_orig.jpeg

Well here is Mudkip. It's pretty good combined with the Metallic Coat ACE SPEC which is pretty broken. Metallic Coat is a tool. The affect: If this card is attached to a Pokemon that is not an EX, that Pokemon gains +50 HP. That means Mudkip will have 110 HP and can do 30 damage on turn one. There are no ace spec tool blanks.

Next: Umbreon
After: Espeon v2
Coming Soon: Chandlure EX (Request)

Also I will do Celebi EX v2 for CAC, so stay tuned for all of this.

When I finish Chandalure EX I will give out some info on the second set in the Mysterious Adventures Series. I will not start making cards for that set until I finish this set but I will leak informantion.

Capritle

Newbie Faker

Nice fakes dude. I use GIMP at the moment so I know how hard it is for GIMP users :p. Hope you keep it up

Reggie McGigas

-

Capritle said:
Nice fakes dude. I use GIMP at the moment so I know how hard it is for GIMP users :p. Hope you keep it up

Thanks! It isn't easy thats for sure

I will release Espeon v2 and Umbreon at the same time soon.

Reggie McGigas

-

here is my CAC entry without the symbol. Enjoy :)

2351259_orig.jpeg

I will post it at the CAC when the link to the symbol starts working for me.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
RE: Reggie McGigas's Fake Cards. New- Firey Bug!

Make sure you capitalize Energy and learn how to spell "Volcarona" and "Sugimori" before you submit it. Also, don't forget to clean up the corners.

Reggie McGigas

-

PMJ said:
Make sure you capitalize Energy and learn how to spell "Volcarona" and "Sugimori" before you submit it. Also, don't forget to clean up the corners.

:)

Your critisism is appreciated. I will make 2.0

5781570_orig.jpeg

Here it is. Check my website for the version without the symbol

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf

The flavour text still looks pretty nasty. Remember that it needs to slope with the box. A good way to do to put 10 spaces before the first word of the description, fill up the rest of that line (without overlapping the box), hit Enter/Return, put about 7 spaces before the second line, continue to type the description until that line is filled, hit Enter/Return, put about 4 spaces before the third line, continue typing until that line is filled up, hit Enter/Return, then type the last line without putting any spaces before it. If needed, move the text box left/right to better position it.

Also, I think I'd make the artwork a little bigger, add a glow around it, and do something different with the background to make it work better on a Grass-type blank. As-is, it would work better on a Fire-type blank.

Reggie McGigas

-

Nekoban Ryo said:
The flavour text still looks pretty nasty. Remember that it needs to slope with the box. A good way to do to put 10 spaces before the first word of the description, fill up the rest of that line (without overlapping the box), hit Enter/Return, put about 7 spaces before the second line, continue to type the description until that line is filled, hit Enter/Return, put about 4 spaces before the third line, continue typing until that line is filled up, hit Enter/Return, then type the last line without putting any spaces before it. If needed, move the text box left/right to better position it.

Also, I think I'd make the artwork a little bigger, add a glow around it, and do something different with the background to make it work better on a Grass-type blank. As-is, it would work better on a Fire-type blank.

how would I add a glow?

I want to keep the background because I want him to look like he is 'meditating'.

Still, thanks for the feedback. I will have to do some other cards before I finish Volcarona 3.0

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf

To add a glow to an object in GIMP, duplicate the layer, select the lowest copy, go to Colors > Colorize, drag the Lightness slider to 100, click OK, then go to Filters > Blur > Gaussian Blur, set the Blur Radius to about 15, then click OK. This gives the object a white glow.

If you want to change the color of the glow, go to Colors > Colorize again and drag the Saturation slider to 100 and the Lightness slider to -30, then adjust the Hue slider to change the color.

To make the glow more intense, change the blending mode of that layer to Dodge and duplicate it (if your glow is white, just duplicate it without changing the blending mode).

To give the object more of a neon glow, follow the previous steps, but duplicate the original object again, select the lowest copy, go to Colors > Colorize, drag the Lightness slider to 100, click OK, then go to Filters > Blur > Gaussian Blur and set the Blur Radius to about 7, click OK, then duplicate it.

Reggie McGigas

-

Alright, here is the super duper mega update.

First off, here is AlexanderTheAwesome's Request. The biggest pet peeve was the artwork. If anyone could render it better please try, I stink at rendering :p. Otherwise hope you enjoy. This was a tough one.

5417309_orig.jpeg

NEXT UP!

Here is my official 'advertisement' for Mysterious Treasures

A mysterious setting....Unknown loot... It's mysterious treasures! In this set you will be amazed with Pokemon EX like Regigigas, Celebi, Xerenas, and Yvetal. Secret Puesdo Legends like Hydreigon and Salamance also appear in this set. What mysterious treasures will YOU find?

Regarding the Second Set of Mysterious Treasures...
The Second Set will be named Unseen Pressure. Registeel, Heatran, Reshiram, and Zekrom are the EXs in this 58 card set (not including secret rares). If anyone could make an Unseen Pressure set logo it would be great.

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf

I see you got the glow thing working.

I don't know why you would want to use art that has already been used on official cards. It really takes away from the creativity of a card, in my opinion. It's not that hard to go on deviantART and ask an artist's permission to use their work. And, honestly, I'd rather see a crappy drawing from the faker than artwork used on official cards unless some serious editing is involved. Just rendering a picture doesn't cut it for me. :/

The card itself has potential, but it needs work. First off, EX should never overlap any of the bars. When a name is too long to fit the EX symbol, you need to scale down the width of your text. In GIMP, you would do this the same way as scaling an image, but be warned that it can also make the text blurry. You may want to sharpen it a little after scaling down the width. I also think the glow balls need to be above the foil. Also, remember to capitalize the first letter of Special Conditions (Burned, Paralyzed, etc.) and Defending/Active Pokémon. Also, remember to put the accent over the e in Pokémon (the easiest way to do this in Windows is to search "Pokemon" on Google before starting your fake and copy the whole word from the search results when you need it).

Also, that is a shiny Chandelure. Did you want it to be?

AlexanderTheAwesome

Go! Chandelure!
RE: Reggie McGigas's Fake Cards. New- Living Lanturn EX and Super Duper Mega Update!

Attaches a prism and double colorless energy to chandelure ex w/ Garbodor in play laughs maniacally

Reggie McGigas

-

Nekoban Ryo said:
I see you got the glow thing working.

I don't know why you would want to use art that has already been used on official cards. It really takes away from the creativity of a card, in my opinion. It's not that hard to go on deviantART and ask an artist's permission to use their work. And, honestly, I'd rather see a crappy drawing from the faker than artwork used on official cards unless some serious editing is involved. Just rendering a picture doesn't cut it for me. :/

The card itself has potential, but it needs work. First off, EX should never overlap any of the bars. When a name is too long to fit the EX symbol, you need to scale down the width of your text. In GIMP, you would do this the same way as scaling an image, but be warned that it can also make the text blurry. You may want to sharpen it a little after scaling down the width. I also think the glow balls need to be above the foil. Also, remember to capitalize the first letter of Special Conditions (Burned, Paralyzed, etc.) and Defending/Active Pokémon. Also, remember to put the accent over the e in Pokémon (the easiest way to do this in Windows is to search "Pokemon" on Google before starting your fake and copy the whole word from the search results when you need it).

Also, that is a shiny Chandelure. Did you want it to be?

Well, what a super duper mega reply!

The reason why I didn't want a picture from deviantart: There was none.

All the Chandalures I found were either Chibi or Gkinka or had backgrounds. I really liked the secret rare one from NXD so I tried that. Plus I'm pretty sure Alexader wanted a shiny Chandelure EX.

Thanks though about the Pokemon accent thing, I'l patch that up quick. But first I need to work on a dragon type card as Dragon is one of the only types I havent done yet (Along with fighting and dark)

AlexanderTheAwesome said:
Attaches a prism and double colorless energy to chandelure ex w/ Garbodor in play laughs maniacally

Lol. I see you like my card.

Just realized Chandeure EX + Scramble Switch + Ninetails Dragons Exalted is Super Op

Also, could you credit me in your sig if you are going to use my card as your profile pic? Thanks.

EDIT: Which Garbodor are you talking bout again?