TCG Fakes Reggie McGigas's Image-Based Fake Cards: Wailmer and Wailord

RE: Reggie McGigas's Fake Cards (Latest Card: Victini)

Is this okay?

mysteriousadventures_zps37949659.png

Also made a set symbol, just in case you wanted one of those.

ma_ss_zps0e40d69c.png

Thats... Awesome! I just don't really like the dots in the middle of the words. If you would fix that, that'd be awesome. Other then that, Great job, and thanks for doing this. Are you a master at this or something?

I like the symbol alot, but I won't be using a set symbol because it's my base set, but I will probally use that one for a future set. Thanks again for doing this!

Plus, I'm not sure I will change the font. Too much hassle, plus this is not supposed to really be a BW set.

The "dots" were meant to be a reference to Regigigas. Also, I figured adding that little bit of color would make it seem less dull. If you still want me to change it, though, I can.

If it's not supposed to be a BW set, you may want to consider using different blanks. Maybe you could find some custom blanks, instead? That way, there aren't any "official" fonts that you have to use. Still, you may want to use some more attractive fonts. Something like Century Gothic Bold would look better for HP and damage while Myriad Pro Bold Condensed would look better for the Pokémon and attack/ability names and Myriad Pro (regular) could work for effects (if you don't have Myriad Pro, you could try Calibri, but I don't like the rounded edges of the characters). They may not look quite as good as the official fonts, but it's probably the best you'll get without installing new fonts. They'll look better than what you have going on right now, anyway.

Nekoban Ryo said:
The "dots" were meant to be a reference to Regigigas. Also, I figured adding that little bit of color would make it seem less dull. If you still want me to change it, though, I can.

If it's not supposed to be a BW set, you may want to consider using different blanks. Maybe you could find some custom blanks, instead? That way, there aren't any "official" fonts that you have to use. Still, you may want to use some more attractive fonts. Something like Century Gothic Bold would look better for HP and damage while Myriad Pro Bold Condensed would look better for the Pokémon and attack/ability names and Myriad Pro (regular) could work for effects (if you don't have Myriad Pro, you could try Calibri, but I don't like the rounded edges of the characters). They may not look quite as good as the official fonts, but it's probably the best you'll get without installing new fonts. They'll look better than what you have going on right now, anyway.

Ah, a regigigas referance! It makes much more sense why you picked that. I think I will keep the logo then.

I think I'll try some custom blanks then in that case, thanks for the suggestion!

EDIT: Hmm... I didn't find any custom blanks I wanted to use. They all looked too much like E-Card or they were just really weird. Looks like ill be staying with BW blanks.

7700523_orig.jpeg

Here's the prerelease promo.

RE: Reggie McGigas's Fake Cards (Latest Card: Prerelease Swampert)

That's a lot of damage for the first attack! Maybe you should drop that down to about 50.

Even if you'll be sticking with these, you should still at least try the fonts I suggested. These are far too bulky. Of course, it would be best if you could get the official fonts to work.

Also, work on the alignment of the flavor text (the Pokémon's description), as the text should never overlap the border.

Nekoban Ryo said:
That's a lot of damage for the first attack! Maybe you should drop that down to about 50.

Even if you'll be sticking with these, you should still at least try the fonts I suggested. These are far too bulky. Of course, it would be best if you could get the official fonts to work.

Also, work on the alignment of the flavor text (the Pokémon's description), as the text should never overlap the border.

Well, I can't have a set with no good cards, every set has at least one broken card. Plus, Swampert has its downsides. It has a 3 retreat cost, weak to grass (And I will be implementing grass types), and it's second attack can make Swampert do a maximum of 100 damage to itself.

I'm just not going to bother with installing the official fonts, it isn't working and I don't have time to toy around with it to get it to work. I will not reply to any more comments about 'oh the font sucks' or 'get the real font the one your using that's slightly off isnt good enough' or 'change the font'

I will fix the part about the overlapping text, I can also see that I put two periods at the end of the description.

Reggie McGigas said:
I'm just not going to bother with installing the official fonts, it isn't working and I don't have time to toy around with it to get it to work. I will not reply to any more comments about 'oh the font sucks' or 'get the real font the one your using that's slightly off isnt good enough' or 'change the font'

Well, then maybe people will stop trying to help you improve your fakes and will stop commenting on them. ;)

Just hear me out.
Reggie McGigas said:
I'm just not going to bother with installing the official fonts, it isn't working and I don't have time to toy around with it to get it to work.
Man, if you have enough time to make the cards, then you should at least have enough time to try to install the fonts. It is your own set, thats true, but making the cards as realistic as possible is part of the fun.

Like Nekoban Ryo said, its really easy. On a PC, you find the font folders that you just downloaded from the download folder. It should be in your computers name. You cut the files, and then replace them in GIMPs font folder.

Nekoban Ryo said:
If you're using a Mac, just opening the font file and clicking install should do it.
Just a suggestion, but with whatever you decide, good luck! :)

Suitcune said:
Just hear me out.
Reggie McGigas said:
I'm just not going to bother with installing the official fonts, it isn't working and I don't have time to toy around with it to get it to work.
Man, if you have enough time to make the cards, then you should at least have enough time to try to install the fonts. It is your own set, thats true, but making the cards as realistic as possible is part of the fun.

Like Nekoban Ryo said, its really easy. On a PC, you find the font folders that you just downloaded from the download folder. It should be in your computers name. You cut the files, and then replace them in GIMPs font folder.

Nekoban Ryo said:
If you're using a Mac, just opening the font file and clicking install should do it.
Just a suggestion, but with whatever you decide, good luck! :)

I'm using a PC, I manually put them in the font folder, and they don't work. Plus, this is my set, if your so upset about my font being off, then why don't you make your own set.

All comments regarding font will no longer be replied to.

EDIT: Updated Swampert

4935847_orig.jpeg

Please don't complain about people trying to help and give you critique. It's only polite to give courtesy.

The official font will help your fakes look good, why you wouldn't want that confuses me. There are a number of things that you can be doing wrong with new fonts, take time to look up the issue if it is bothering you or anyone else that bad.

Delta said:
Please don't complain about people trying to help and give you critique. It's only polite to give courtesy.

The official font will help your fakes look good, why you wouldn't want that confuses me. There are a number of things that you can be doing wrong with new fonts, take time to look up the issue if it is bothering you or anyone else that bad.

I know I said I wouldn't reply to comments like this, but cmon man

If you read my previous comments you would know that I want it but it is not installing properly or somthings up. I'm just annoyed by everyone whining about the font. I don't want to start a flame war or somthing, but seriously, this is just stupid.

No-one is whining. I've said this before: I can only wish people would jump all over me to get my drawings better. Just don't take it as whining because then you just get frustrated. Just make it obvious that you are working on it and do what you do best while you get it fixed :]

Delta said:
No-one is whining. I've said this before: I can only wish people would jump all over me to get my drawings better. Just don't take it as whining because then you just get frustrated. Just make it obvious that you are working on it and do what you do best while you get it fixed :]

Well, it wont work. I've tired everything,from restarting the computer, putting it in the main font file, putting it in the gimp 2.8 font file, I just dont know how to fix it :( Anyways, I'll keep doing the cards, because I like to make them and they are fun to make :) Lets just put this font thing past us. Besides, my cards are more unique this way.

Well, now that this drama is (somewhat) over I will reveal that the next card will be an EX card. But which Pokemon will it be?

That Swampert is good, but I think it'll look better if you add a holo sheet over the background. I would suggest the holo being the sparkly dot one (don't know what to call it) and you put two over the background. I don't know if you do this in Gimp because I use Photoshop, but you might be able to apply it here:

1. The bottom holo sheet should be Multiply (you might be able to find that in Gimp)
2. The top holo sheet should be Colour Dodge
3. You can change the Opacity of the bottom sheet depending on how you want it to look
4. Change the Opacity of the top holo sheet depending on how you want it to look
5. You should be done with a nice, new holo card!

Arcticwhite said:
That Swampert is good, but I think it'll look better if you add a holo sheet over the background. I would suggest the holo being the sparkly dot one (don't know what to call it) and you put two over the background. I don't know if you do this in Gimp because I use Photoshop, but you might be able to apply it here:

1. The bottom holo sheet should be Multiply (you might be able to find that in Gimp)
2. The top holo sheet should be Colour Dodge
3. You can change the Opacity of the bottom sheet depending on how you want it to look
4. Change the Opacity of the top holo sheet depending on how you want it to look
5. You should be done with a nice, new holo card!

The sparkly dot one is called galaxy i think

Thanks for the suggestion, I will try that after I finish my EX card

Nekoban I saw your gimp font guide ill try that for my cards from now on

Celebi EX has arrived. I know there arn't many special effects but I was kinda confused on them, so I just did what I could.

7176044_orig.jpeg

Also on my website the cards are posted in set order and they also have the credits on them. Link in the first post.

RE: Reggie McGigas's Fake Cards (Latest Card: Celebi EX)

Looks a lot better, but I still think that the attacks and abilities are somewhat bland. It's mostly damage to self or extra damage, it seems. Lots of cards have been adding new, cool effects, like the real Celebi EX's ability or Dusknoir's (And DRX Gollurk for a cool attack effect).

Agreed, it does look a lot better. The health might be a little to much, Celebi's usually have around 80-100.

Hegafire0 said:
Looks a lot better, but I still think that the attacks and abilities are somewhat bland. It's mostly damage to self or extra damage, it seems. Lots of cards have been adding new, cool effects, like the real Celebi EX's ability or Dusknoir's (And DRX Gollurk for a cool attack effect).

I do plan on having a card that will let you look at your prize cards. I'm not sure if you think thats bland or not. The card will actually be the next one released!

I moved the cardlist to the first post so you can guess which one it is. And no its not an EX i will give you that hint.

Reggie, why can't you recieve PMs? I want to talk without coating your wall in miscellaneous talk.

Back