TCG Fakes Reggie McGigas's Image-Based Fake Cards: Wailmer and Wailord

RE: Reggie McGigas's Fake Cards (Latest Card: Espeon+All Cards Now Have Better Quality)

The font seems a little off for the HP, Pokemon name, and Move name. Also, the bio if also misaligned. Love the art though, good job with that!
Try a Victini card, but work on the font.

RE: Reggie McGigas's Fake Cards (Latest Card: Espeon+All Cards Now Have Better Quality)

Suitcune said:
The font seems a little off for the HP, Pokemon name, and Move name. Also, the bio if also misaligned. Love the art though, good job with that!
Try a Victini card, but work on the font.

Ok, Victini will be next. I'll try my best!

No guarentees about font, though. I use the BW GIMP Font guide and it's not very good :p. I'm new to doing this, so going from scratch would be a worse result.

Suitcune, what should the title for my new set be? You can see the options in the original post.

Reggie McGigas said:
No guarentees about font, though. I use the BW GIMP Font guide and it's not very good :p. I'm new to doing this, so going from scratch would be a worse result.

It's not a problem with the guide. You need to have the proper fonts installed before using it. If you don't, the text will be replaced with incorrect fonts (which seems to be the case here).

Here's what you need:

• Gill Sans
  • Gill Sans Bold
  • Gill Sans Condensed, Bold Condensed
  • Futura LT Medium, Bold
  • Futura LT Medium, Italic
  • Futura LT Medium, Bold Italic
  • Frutiger LT Std Bold Italic
  • Frutiger CE 55 Roman
  • Sanvito Pro Bold OR Times New Roman, Bold Italic

Times New Roman is incorrect, but can be used as a substitute since GIMP can't italicize Sanvito Pro (unless you manually skew it, which could cause unwanted blur). The text will still look a bit different, but that's just because GIMP doesn't render type as well as Photoshop (though I'm not sure if the newest version of GIMP is the same, since I'm unable to run it on my PowerPC due to lack of an Intel processor).

Also, since the guide wasn't made specifically for asche's blanks, you may have to tweak the alignment on some things. It was originally made for ShinyBill's BW blanks.

Did you you use the Fake Card Resources thread? I'm pretty sure they have the correct fonts, which are easy to install. Also, go with Misterious Adventures. With Grass and Water types, like a Jungle based theme. So mostly Rock-Ground, Water, Grass, Psychic, and Ghost. Use the Regi-Trio, but once you get the correct fonts installed, you should be fine with the rest.

Nekoban Ryo said:
Reggie McGigas said:

It's not a problem with the guide. You need to have the proper fonts installed before using it. If you don't, the text will be replaced with incorrect fonts (which seems to be the case here).

Here's what you need:

• Gill Sans
  • Gill Sans Bold
  • Gill Sans Condensed, Bold Condensed
  • Futura LT Medium, Bold
  • Futura LT Medium, Italic
  • Futura LT Medium, Bold Italic
  • Frutiger LT Std Bold Italic
  • Frutiger CE 55 Roman
  • Sanvito Pro Bold OR Times New Roman, Bold Italic

Times New Roman is incorrect, but can be used as a substitute since GIMP can't italicize Sanvito Pro (unless you manually skew it, which could cause unwanted blur). The text will still look a bit different, but that's just because GIMP doesn't render type as well as Photoshop (though I'm not sure if the newest version of GIMP is the same, since I'm unable to run it on my PowerPC due to lack of an Intel processor).

Also, since the guide wasn't made specifically for asche's blanks, you may have to tweak the alignment on some things. It was originally made for ShinyBill's BW blanks.

Cool! I know where to get them, but how do I use them? (Where do I save them)

Nekoban, what should the title for the new set be?

You save them anywhere then merely open them, click on install and bam, they work anywhere and everywhere.

Blui said:
You save them anywhere then merely open them, click on install and bam, they work anywhere and everywhere.

Thanks. I will get to redoing em before I get to Victini

Blui, what should the title for the set be? The options are in the first post, cardlist in post #13, and mysterious adventures seems to be the fan favorite with 2 votes behind extreme forces with 1.

!!!!

I installed the text, and it keeps changing the stuff :( I hit install, it installs but GIMP for some reason can't find the files :(

Anyways we have a tie, 2 between extreme forces and mysterious adventures. The first name to get 3 votes wins. :)

I'm gonna go with Extreme Forces for this one :D

heres to version 2.0

The fonts were glitching up, but I still fixed some wording and changed the artwork. I might make a 3.0 with even better artwork

1086653_orig.jpeg

Also noticed how broken Shiny Registeel, Plasma's Klinklang, and Fliptini would be.
2HKO every pokemon on your opponent's bench! There would be almost no counters! Maybe Plasma's Infernape, but that's all I can think of.

After you installed the fonts, did you browse through the font list in GIMP to make sure that everything I listed was installed? You may have the main fonts, but not everything in the font family (you may have Gill Sans, but not Gill Sans Condensed or have Futura, but not Futura LT Medium). Another possibility is that the font guide may not be fully-compatible with the newest version of GIMP (which you appear to be using). I would check this out myself, but as I said, I can't use the newest version of GIMP. You may need to request that someone make a guide for the newest release.

As far as a set name, I'm leaning more toward Mysterious Adventures. The others sound too much like previous official sets (Legends Unleashed sounds like HS - Unleashed and Extreme Forces sounds like ex Unseen Forces). I would suggest using a different word for Mysterious, however, as this is still pretty similar to DP - Mysterious Treasures (just not as similar-sounding as the others, IMO). Cryptic Adventures? Mystic Quest?

Nekoban Ryo said:
After you installed the fonts, did you browse through the font list in GIMP to make sure that everything I listed was installed? You may have the main fonts, but not everything in the font family (you may have Gill Sans, but not Gill Sans Condensed or Futura, but not Futura LT Medium). Another possibility is that the font guide may not be fully-compatible with the newest version of GIMP (which you appear to be using). I would check this out myself, but as I said, I can't use the newest version of GIMP. You may need to request that someone make a guide for the newest release.

As far as a set name, I'm leaning more toward Mysterious Adventures. The others sound too much like previous official sets (Legends Unleashed sounds like HS - Unleashed and Extreme Forces sounds like ex Unseen Forces).

1. How do I get to the font list?
2. I am usng GIMP 2
3. Mysterious Adventures will be the set name. Swampert pre release promo coming after Victini.

Why don't you make a lightning base poke and enter him in the create a card, you could enter every month for the image based portion

RE: Reggie McGigas's Fake Cards (Latest Card:Victini)

AlexanderTheAwesome said:
Why don't you make a lightning base poke and enter him in the create a card, you could enter every month for the image based portion

I dont feel like it, probally next one though

In other news, Victini is out.

9094769_orig.jpeg

RE: Reggie McGigas's Fake Cards (Latest Card: Victini)

I think that the cards are pretty cool, but I think you should work on having cooler attack effects. If you want, I can help. You can just PM me what card you're working on, and I'll think of some attacks and PM them back.

Those cards are okay, but the font is wrong. You can dowload it for free on the internet, and I think it would make the cards look better :)

Arcticwhite said:
Those cards are okay, but the font is wrong. You can dowload it for free on the internet, and I think it would make the cards look better :)

Did you see the first post?
Reggie McGigas said:
Ok, I'm going to try to give fake cards a try. I will be posting the cards on this site. I hope you enjoy.

Guys I will be making a set.Also I want to make shiny Regirock and shiny Regice, but no one has any art of them! If anyone could make some art of Regice and Regirock (both shiny) Post it here and I will credit you and use them.

The Set's Name Will be Mysterious Adventures

Please do not complain about font, I'm working on it so don't complain about font.
5280794_orig.jpeg

7100264_orig.jpeg

5939947_orig.jpeg

9094769_orig.jpeg

Cardlist for my set is in one of my posts below.

Hegafire0 said:
I think that the cards are pretty cool, but I think you should work on having cooler attack effects. If you want, I can help. You can just PM me what card you're working on, and I'll think of some attacks and PM them back.

Thanks for your offer to help, but I'm good. I will make some more intresting attacks though. I'm working on a Swampert Card, which will have an intresting attack.

Reggie McGigas said:
2. I am usng GIMP 2

1. When you click on the Text Tool, a text option box should appear at the bottom of your Toolbox. You should see something like "Aa" with a font name next to it. Click "Aa" to access the font list.

2. But which version of GIMP 2? The one I used to make the guide was 2.6.11. The newest version is 2.8.4. I've read some articles about the newest version changing the set-up of text, so that's why I said that my guide may be incompatible. I'll try getting on my parents' computer sometime later to test it myself. If it doesn't work, I'll try making a new font guide.

EDIT: I just tested it on GIMP 2.8 and it still works fine (it actually makes the text look nicer, compared to 2.6). If that's what you're using, it has to be that you don't have all the right fonts installed.

Nekoban Ryo said:
Reggie McGigas said:
2. I am usng GIMP 2

1. When you click on the Text Tool, a text option box should appear at the bottom of your Toolbox. You should see something like "Aa" with a font name next to it. Click "Aa" to access the font list.

2. But which version of GIMP 2? The one I used to make the guide was 2.6.11. The newest version is 2.8.4. I've read some articles about the newest version changing the set-up of text, so that's why I said that my guide may be incompatible. I'll try getting on my parents' computer sometime later to test it myself. If it doesn't work, I'll try making a new font guide.

EDIT: I just tested it on GIMP 2.8 and it still works fine (it actually makes the text look nicer, compared to 2.6). If that's what you're using, it has to be that you don't have all the right fonts installed.

Its gimp 2.8

Thanks, I will try that.

Also, is there any chance you can make a set logo (mysterious wonders) for me? If not thats ok.

EDIT: The text I installed is not in the list. What should I do?

Reggie McGigas said:
Its gimp 2.8

Thanks, I will try that.

Also, is there any chance you can make a set logo (mysterious wonders) for me? If not thats ok.

I need to keep working on graphic design to keep it fresh in my mind (if you don't use it, you lose it), so I could give it a shot. Just PM me with the general idea of what you're looking for (any particular fonts, colors, or shapes you'd like included) and any other information about the set that you'd like to reflect in the logo.

Which are you using, Mac or PC? If you're using a Mac, just opening the font file and clicking install should do it. Back when I used a PC, I would manually navigate to my Fonts folder and drag the downloaded fonts into it. You may have to restart your computer before they show up.

I just made a font guide specifically for asche's new BW blanks. I also put font names in the layer names so you know exactly what font to use where. If the font in your Type options is different from the name in the Layers panel, you'll need to download and install that font). Here's the link: http://www.deviantart.com/download/367045161/new_bw_font_guide_for_gimp_by_karite_kita_neko-d62j1ux.zip

While Gill Sans Bold is correct for the Pokémon name, GIMP renders the text too wide, so you can substitute it with Gill Sans Condensed Bold if you prefer, which is what was used for older card names (it's thinner than what's used on BW cards, but may look better in GIMP).

Nekoban Ryo said:
Reggie McGigas said:
Its gimp 2.8

Thanks, I will try that.

I need to keep working on graphic design to keep it fresh in my mind (if you don't use it, you lose it), so I could give it a shot. Just PM me with the general idea of what you're looking for (any particular fonts, colors, or shapes you'd like included) and any other information about the set that you'd like to reflect in the logo.

Which are you using, Mac or PC? If you're using a Mac, just opening the font file and clicking install should do it. Back when I used a PC, I would manually navigate to my Fonts folder and drag the downloaded fonts into it. You may have to restart your computer before they show up.

I just made a font guide specifically for asche's new BW blanks. I also put font names in the layer names so you know exactly what font to use where. If the font in your Type options is different from the name in the Layers panel, you'll need to download and install that font). Here's the link: http://www.deviantart.com/download/367045161/new_bw_font_guide_for_gimp_by_karite_kita_neko-d62j1ux.zip

While Gill Sans Bold is correct for the Pokémon name, GIMP renders the text too wide, so you can substitute it with Gill Sans Condensed Bold if you prefer, which is what was used for older card names (it's thinner than what's used on BW cards, but may look better in GIMP).

Well, I didn't restart the computer, that may be why its not working. Im using a PC

For the set logo, anything works really. I want a suprise :)

Back