Primal Clash Discussion Thread

RE: Primal Clash?

Really, Excadrill is the half art/ancient trait one that I like the most, and not just because it's a never before released steel type. It just looks so cool.

Kingdra looks nice too. And Sceptile. And Swampert. They all look good though in truth, even Bidoof.

Pikachu6319 said:
Really, Excadrill is the half art/ancient trait one that I like the most, and not just because it's a never before released steel type. It just looks so cool.

Kingdra looks nice too. And Sceptile. And Swampert. They all look good though in truth, even Bidoof.

I only have Tentacool, Torchic and Bunnelby at the moment from the pre-release but wowie, I'm truely liking them a lot. The reversed ones look even cooler in my opinion.

RedGyarados said:
Is it easy to get those half arts/ancient traits?

I don't think I'm supposed to answer since it's not related to the topic but for what I found, it depends. I was getting more EX and FA than the Ancient Traits, other people got more Ancient Traits and some got none at all.

Cards I want from PRC
Gold Switch
Gold Dive Ball
Gold Enhanced Hammer
Kyogre EX
Primal Kyogre EX
Gardy EX
Mega Gardy EX

Those are the ultra rares I want.

RedGyarados said:
Is it easy to get those half arts/ancient traits?

The half-art/Ancient Traits cards are not a separate rarity. Each one is just as likely to be found in a pack as any other uncommon, rare, or holo rare of the same rarity.

Oh my gawsh I'm so excited to pull stuff like
The Primals (Why wouldn't you, right?)
Of course, the Kyogre EX, Groudon EX (To evolve to the Primals, derp), and let's not forget the 250 HP Wailord EX!
I need to get some spirit links so that I can battle like a masta.
Finally, I think I want to pull the ridiculously OP Archie and Maxie.
Of course I want to pull all of the featured cards. That's me. :}

Primal Clash expansion is gonna be great!

The new primal clash expansion-I know you've seen Primal Kyogre and Primal Groudon, but have you seen the other featured cards? Ludicolo is like Sylveon except it stacks by 60s! ...And have you seen Archie and Maxie? Those are totally going to be banned before long.
And DON'T get me started on freakin' Wailord EX. This freakin' EX has more freakin' HP than a freakin' MEGA! I know the normal Wailord has 200 hp-seriously what was up with that? They didn't need to make a freakin' EX out of it! Gawd, next they'll come out with Mega Wailord EX and it'll have 300 HP I bet you. This expansion is insanely Over Powered! (Pokemon just keeps on coming out with stronger cards so you have to keep up to date, doesn't it? Darn it, Pokemon!)
Now I'll have to go and buy some booster packs when Feb. 4 rolls around. :]

RE: Primal Clash expansion is gonna be great!

Because of the early release of those collector albums I've already gotten Primal Kyogre EX, Primal Groudon EX, Gardevoir EX, M. Gardevoir EX, and have Trevenant EX, Aggron EX, and M. Aggron EX on the way along with AC (ancient trait) Kingdra both regular and prerelease, regular Excadrill and regular Azumarill.

Still need more though. AC Excadrill and AC Azumarill for one. And all the Pokemon full arts of the set. And when/if we get M. Camerupt EX and M. Sharpedo EX I'll want to get Camerupt EX and Sharpedo EX too. And at least one play set of Wonder Energy, maybe two.

RE: Primal Clash expansion is gonna be great!

Oreo9238 said:
The new primal clash expansion-I know you've seen Primal Kyogre and Primal Groudon, but have you seen the other featured cards? Ludicolo is like Sylveon except it stacks by 60s! ...And have you seen Archie and Maxie? Those are totally going to be banned before long.
And DON'T get me started on freakin' Wailord EX. This freakin' EX has more freakin' HP than a freakin' MEGA! I know the normal Wailord has 200 hp-seriously what was up with that? They didn't need to make a freakin' EX out of it! Gawd, next they'll come out with Mega Wailord EX and it'll have 300 HP I bet you. This expansion is insanely Over Powered! (Pokemon just keeps on coming out with stronger cards so you have to keep up to date, doesn't it? Darn it, Pokemon!)
Now I'll have to go and buy some booster packs when Feb. 4 rolls around. :]

Hey guys- sorry if it sounded like I'm raging and ranting. I'm not really mad or anything, just surprised at how powerful pokemon cards are getting. So no negative feedback, okay? Thanks! ;)

I got some Japanese packs of this set in the mail the other day and pulled a few Ancient Trait cards. I got 2 Nidoqueen ancient traits and would be willing to trade one if anyone was interested?

I've already gotten my hands on a normal and mega Gard ex
I'm really excited about that fairy deck.

Also anyone else notice that Manectric is basically just electric Donphan xD

I'm hoping I pull a FA Gardevoir-EX at the Prerelease tomorrow ^-^
It's definitely one of my favourite FA artworks, and Gardy is one of my fav Pokemon!

yeah my local card shop kinda accidentally let me buy ahead of time because he owned he a huge favor :p
Honestly looking at the scans again, a couple of cards like the new Aegislash could be pretty amazing.
Though I have to say, That Alpha Bidoof card is I think the best card in the entire set.

Are the Kyorge and Groudon regular cards more common then the Gardevoir and Aggron cards in this set?

Or are they evenly distributed. I've seen some box openings/prereleases on Youtube and it seems everyone is getting 2-3 Kyorge and Groudon and 0-1 Gardevoir or Aggron card.

I'm not a huge fan of the regular Kyorge and Groudons in this set and I have a feeling it's going to be really hard to get the other Pokemon.

In my Japanese booster boxes, I got 1 Aggron EX, 2 M Aggron EX, and 1 Gardevoir EX, but 0 Kyogres or Groudons. :p

Since the English set isn't even fully released yet, there's likely not enough data to firmly say if certain EXes are rarer than others, but I don't think that will actually be the case.

I don't know if this would fill in any blanks or if it's true yet but I've heard that the pull ratio is going to be pretty high for the set because of how many EX's, FA's and Secret Rares there is. Saying that, I manged to pull both Gaverdoir EX and Sharpedo FA EX in a pre-release whilst a kid sitting next to me got a Shapedo EX.

Again, I'm not claiming it to be true, I'm just merely guessing on the pull ratio.

I'm behind and waiting on some Phantom Gate booster boxes, but when I get to this set in Japanese, I'm really just mostly looking forward to the ancient trait cards, the primal cards, and the Gardevoir cards.

Yeah I just got back from my pre-release/lunch
And I'm happy to report that the Cuban Sandwich I had for lunch, with spicy sweet potato fries was absolutely fantastic!

Oh and I guess I pulled P-Groudon, and a FA Wailord.

But I'm sure you are all more curious about my sandwich

Back