Primal Clash Discussion Thread

NintendoAlian

Frontier Brain
So, there are English scans of some of the Primal Clash cards, and we see the full art Megas. But, they are not secret rares, but in the Japanese sets, they were secret rares. This leaves the question, what are the secret rares going to be. I think they will be the golden trainer cards, but what if there is something else?

RE: Secret Rares of Primal Clash

Those secret rares are secret rares -- the English sets have always included them in the main numbering, which was how we got a clue as to the sheer amount of them there would be in the first place when the set was first announced. The gold cards were UR/Ultra Rare in Japan, and I suspect they'll be the same in English, thus post number cards (ie. 161/160)

RE: Secret Rares of Primal Clash

The secret rares will likley be the 4 Golden trainer cards that we have seen and will be numberd 161-164.

Primal Clash

Hi
If anyone has bought a pack of Primal Clash early and have the barcode or receipt from Target with the DPCI, post in the comments please. It would be much appreciated.
Thanks

RE: Primal Clash

I managed to get 3 packs early, but I no longer have the receipt. What are you looking for exactly?

RE: Primal Clash?

Steel Excadrill, especially the ancient trait one. Poison Tentacool/Tentacruel, fairy Gardevoir, pretty much all the alternate cards.

I kind of want some special fairy energy for the fairy deck I have. Granted it's not much more than a slightly modified theme deck as I don't really play competitively, but I know the fairy deck needs it.

I also kind of want the ancient trait Bidoof. Don't know why exactly but it seems just so cool. It has to be reverse holo though.

Right now the card I most want is Full Art Gardevoir

I also hope to find the Full Art's of Mega Gardevoir and Primal Kyorgre.

I'm mainly looking for Trevenant EX, Scorching Earth, Ancient Trait Torchic, and Teammates for my Blaziken deck so that it might have a better matchup against Seismitoad despite getting outsped by Manectric / Yveltal. As much as I love running Skyla I'm on the fence as to whether or not If I should replace it with Teammates. I noticed that Energy Retrieval got reprinted so I might run a couple to combo with Ultra Ball and Blacksmith.

Primal Clash Classification

This has been bugging me for a while, and although it's a nit picky thing, I think we need to classify this.

So Primal clash now has pokemon with these cool new Ability things, you know the ones I'm talking about,the cool full art Sceptile with the Barrier.

Anyway do we have a classification for these, because this set includes 2 copies of these pokemon, a normal one and this new one, and I don't feel like saying the baby version is right.

So I leave it to the more experienced players, is there a name/classification, or what would be a good one to use?

I'm hoping to pull Prof Birch Observation, Weakness Policy, Acro Bike, Gardevoir EX and the mega. Oh and that gold secret rare Switch card :D

RE: Primal Clash Classification

I've seen people calling them "half arts" (as opposed to the "full arts" that take up the entire card). It's as good a name as anything else, though it makes them seem less cool than they are. Other options could be "Ancient Trait (Pokémon)" since that's what those fancy abilities are called, or even "Alpha/α (Pokémon)" and "Omega/Ω (Pokémon)".

Half Art just seems like a downplay.
I kinda like Ancient trait, but idk it's a bit wordy.

Cool cards that I feel like we will be talking a lot about, so a good name would be nice.

I think half art is good. Although you can see through the lower half a certain percentage it is what it is and its not too much a mouthful that clashes with anything else.

Yeah, I'd go with ancient traits for the Pokemon card classification. Half art could work but we already have two (variant) exceptions. Primal Kyogre and Primal Groudon. They have ancient traits but are otherwise designed like other EX Pokemon cards and the ancient traits are on the full art versions as well but again other than that difference are just like all the other Full art Pokemon EX.

And at least in my opinion ancient traits will be around for at least the remainder of the XY/ORAS/insert third game(s) in series/ of cards. And it could last longer.

Here's the main reason I don't like "half art" as opposed to "Ancient Trait":
QcRtM8F.jpg
RNR8LZp.jpg

Also, Ancient Trait sounds way cooler while also rolling out of your mouth a lot smoother than half art, which is pretty awkward feeling. I also liked Athena's idea, except Alpha Bidoof sounds kinds funny :p

If you don't count the name and ancient trait at the top (which definitely aren't art) then it's about half. :p

Alpha and Omega Pokemon could work too, but what happens if we see more of these traits? A Delta trait in Emerald Break isn't out of the question and more could follow. Eventually it will be easier to lump them all in as ancient trait.

I'm really excited for all the cards in the set to be honest but Sharpedo EX + FA has already stolen my heart along with many of the the EXs. Half arts are looking really great too, espically Wishcash and Magcargo.

Back