Post-rotation T/S/S?

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
Most of us can safely assume we're going to have a BW-on format for the 2012-2013 season.

That being said, we lose a lot, (and I mean a lot), of fantastic Trainers and Supporters. Dual Ball. Junk Arm. Pokemon Collector. Professor Oak's New Theory.

Gone.

So, what are your T/S/S lines looking like? Surely, Juniper and N can't be the backbone of our decks, so...what is?

EliGagerNorris

Aspiring Trainer
Juniper, N, Bianca, and Random Receiver is all you need for draw.

Ultra Ball, Level Ball, and Heavy Ball are useful.

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Yeah, the Ball engine will definitely be huge for search. Really, there's nothing else in that department, but it'll honestly be fine. Right now most decks are cutting Collector anyway. Dual Ball is a blow, but Ultra Ball can search for anything and essentially replaces Junk Arm's discard, so that's fine.

PONT will be the biggest blow IMO. It was the most consistent straight shuffle draw supporter we had. With that gone, you'll have to use N to get any real shuffle draw and sometimes you want to conserve those for later. Bianca will be the go to replacement. Decks that ran 3 Pokemon Catcher/4 Junk Arm will be forced to run 4 Pokemon Catcher and pray that they don't discard too many of them. Other than that, not too much changes.

dmaster out.

Mudkip711

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Cheren, Bianca, N, Juniper = supporters.

Ball engine, Switch, Plus Power, Catcher, Random Receiver,Tool Scrapper, Large Cloak, Rescue Scarf = trainers.

Skyarrow = stadium.

Zorua

Zedd
Advanced Member
Bianca is going to be huge come rotation. I'm thinking we'll see something like:

4 Juniper
4 Bianca
2 Cheren or N

That's if you're running 10 supporters. Ball Engine is going to make searching a lot easier though.

Entei

Wild Entei fled . . .
In Japan, the staple is usually like this:
4 Juniper
4 N
3 Bianca

But then again, it's Japan - you'll propably find any combination there.

iisnumber12

Team UN (White)
^That's what I run in my Garchomp Altaria. I think that a ton of it will be the ball engine and searching with Pokemon (Gabite/Sableye). It will be much different, but it is still very quick from experience.

Celebi23

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Serperior said:
Most of us can safely assume we're going to have a BW-on format for the 2012-2013 season.
I'd just like to say that no, you can't. The rotation isn't confirmed until it's confirmed by TPCI. They haven't confirmed a BW-on format, so anybody who thinks it will be BW-on is simply speculating or making a more or less baseless assumption. There is no way for them to know unless they work for TPCI, and as far as I know, nobody on this site does. Just thought I'd clear that up.

Cinema

Gyarados Bait
Celebi23 said:
I'd just like to say that no, you can't. The rotation isn't confirmed until it's confirmed by TPCI. They haven't confirmed a BW-on format, so anybody who thinks it will be BW-on is simply speculating or making a more or less baseless assumption. There is no way for them to know unless they work for TPCI, and as far as I know, nobody on this site does. Just thought I'd clear that up.

Of course we can't know for sure until they anounce it, BW-On seems most likely. Based on all the facts and the cards in the sets it would be logical. However, I remember when EVERYONE was all ready for a PL-On format and was trading all their DP-SF cards, but then it was MD-On. Noone could have expected it and it was totally out of nowhere, but it happened. For all we know it could be TR-On (hopefully not, Junk Arm needs to go). I'm hoping for BW-On though.

iisnumber12

Team UN (White)
I'm guessing (And hoping) CoL-on. That is the professor cup format so I think that may be most likely. Although, as Celebi said, no way for us to be sure.

iisnumber12

Team UN (White)
But it shows that Pokemon is thinking CoL-on. PC and the regular format are both run by Play!, so they may be hinting at CoL on. Especially because it is a reprint set.

Dork Void

#OCCUPYALLTHINGS
iisnumber12 said:
But it shows that Pokemon is thinking CoL-on. PC and the regular format are both run by Play!, so they may be hinting at CoL on. Especially because it is a reprint set.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Japan doesn't even have CoL. How are they supposed to play that format for Worlds? Also, Japan has rotated to BW-on already; why would the rotation be different here?

Cinema

Gyarados Bait
COL-On makes sense because of the reprints in it, but BW-On makes sense because it makes it so that there are only abilities and no PokePowers and PokeBodies. Having them all makes it confusing for new players and makes for some wierd rulings regarding blocking Power/Bodies/Abilities specifically. For example, imagine the confustion with the new Garbador in Dragons Exalted in a format with Powers and Bodies. Rulings could get wierd and it just doesn't make sense to have only one set with PokePowers/PokeBodies, as well as the different labelings for Supporter/Trainer/Stadium cards.

9Tailz

the human embodiment of garbodor
I'm honestly hoping the rotation is BW-On, because I would like to see the format slow down a little. A slower format would also give Stage 2 decks a bigger chance to shine. Because of the reprints in CoL, it could be CoL on as well. As for I/S/S lines in BW-On, I think something like:
4 Level Ball
2-4 Ultra Ball
Heavy Ball if you'd use it
3-4 Catcher
1-3 Switch
4 Juniper
2-4 N
3-4 Bianca

Of course, if you play Stage 2s you'd use 3-4 Rare Candy.

grantm1999

VileGar
I like 4 Juniper, 4 Cheren/Bianca, and 3 N, with some running 2-4 Random Receiver.
4 Pokecomm and 4 Level Ball/Heavy Ball/Poke Ball/Ultra Ball depending on the deck.
4 Tool Scrapper/2 Raikou EX (only in eel decks) would be a staple in decks that rely on abilities.

Rikko145

I put the "laughter" in "slaughter&
I personally think it will be CoL-on. The Professor Cup is CoL-on, and there are ton of reprints in the set that would help the format. So I'm hoping and praying for CoL-on.

Glace

Top 8, Worlds 2013
Advanced Member
Just a question: Did Japan get a Pachirisu CL in Triumphant.

grantm1999 said:
4 Pokecomm and 4 Level Ball/Heavy Ball/Poke Ball/Ultra Ball depending on the deck.

PokeBall will never see play. It is flippy and outclasses. The others I agree though.

One Approved

;
Advanced Member
iisnumber12 said:

I'd just like to add to this. The last time I was at nats, the prof. cup and the side events were used to test the 30 minute + 3 time format. Years later, it's the standard at all premeir rated events.

Pokémon Communication and the Ball engine will probably be huge. Juniper/N will be big, as well as Cheren. I dont' like Bianca myself, Professor Birch was never played in my area, but I could be wrong. Skyarrow and the occasional Tropical Beach will still be the only stadiums in. Maybe the random twist mountain for decks that tech Aerodactyl. Losing Junk Arm is going to be huge, I don't know how this one is going to end up changing the format.