Post-rotation T/S/S?

BW-on format confirmed: http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/op_2013_format_rotation-2012-06-15/

Glaceon said:
BW-on format confirmed: http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/op_2013_format_rotation-2012-06-15/

'Tis a sad, sad day....

'Tis an awesome, AWESOME day! I'm glad we get this because the game will be so much slower, giving Stage 2s more of a chance!

^ Same. The loss of Dual Ball and Collector will slow down the game. I like it! Just...now Garchomp/Altaria will benefit.

We were actually supposed to keep CoL. Our TO was told that and I hear similar reports elsewhere. We just dropped all of our search and most of our draw support. This game is about to get very.... interesting. And not always in a good way.

Rikko145 said:
We were actually supposed to keep CoL. Our TO was told that and I hear similar reports elsewhere. We just dropped all of our search and most of our draw support. This game is about to get very.... interesting. And not always in a good way.

We still have Juniper, N, Cheren, Bianca, and Ultra Ball, Great Ball, Level Ball, and Pokemon Communication. Also keeping Smeargle in the format wouldn't have been good since it allows for easier donks.

Cinema said:
We still have Juniper, N, Cheren, Bianca, and Ultra Ball, Great Ball, Level Ball, and Pokemon Communication. Also keeping Smeargle in the format wouldn't have been good since it allows for easier donks.
Keeping Smeargle would be good for any format. :/

I've been donked 8 times this season, but at least I haven't lost since I randomly hit a dead hand in the middle of a match.

Celebi23 said:
Keeping Smeargle would be good for any format. :/

I've been donked 8 times this season, but at least I haven't lost since I randomly hit a dead hand in the middle of a match.

At least it's possible to topdeck out of dead draws, whereas when you're donked you literally have zero chance of winning, and often don't even get to draw a card. Also, it's easier to remedy dead draws by running more supporters/random recievers, but it's harder to run more basics.

I wouldn't run Smeargle in some of the new decks. With G/A, I mainly just use the Gabites to get what I need. i barely use draw supporters.

yay its bw-on now the metagame is going to get slower i can use my secret gardevoir/muk/musharna deck

How is Bianca better than Cheren? They're both worse than all of the HGSS supporters but I can't see how getting 0-6 is better than getting a guaranteed 3, especially when you're more likely to have 4+ cards in hand. The only time I can think of Bianca being better is if you're topdecking or get N'd to 1.

Bianca is better because of Ultra Ball and hands these days are generally 0-4 when playing Zekeels/Darkrai EX

RogueListers said:
How is Bianca better than Cheren? They're both worse than all of the HGSS supporters but I can't see how getting 0-6 is better than getting a guaranteed 3, especially when you're more likely to have 4+ cards in hand. The only time I can think of Bianca being better is if you're topdecking or get N'd to 1.

Bianca is going to be drawing AT LEAST 3 cards and if you have more than that, you should have no need to play a supporter. Cheren just draws 3 cards and caps at that. Bianca has the ability to draw 4-6 as well which is why it is better than Cheren.

iisnumber12 said:
Bianca is going to be drawing AT LEAST 3 cards and if you have more than that, you should have no need to play a supporter. Cheren just draws 3 cards and caps at that. Bianca has the ability to draw 4-6 as well which is why it is better than Cheren.

It all depends on what deck you play: you have to decide if you are going to have an average hand size of more or less than 3. if you rarely have less than 3 cards in hand, just play cheren, as it won't make a massive difference, and you can play it when you have more than 6. if you are playing rerishboar or another deck than can burn through resources quickly, go for bianca.

Back