Possible Future Deck

Cinema said:
Why in the world are you looking this far ahead? We won't be getting these cards for months, not until after the Dragon set. You're getting ahead of yourself, we don't even know what the meta will look like then. It's fun to speculate, but it's a little early to be making lists and testing them.

I'm the kind of person who likes to be prepared :p More likely than not I'll completely forget about making this deck then come back to it a couple months later and be like "oh, maybe I can try this now" heh..You're right though, we don't even know what the meta will look like. It was just an idea that came up while looking at the new scans.

Back to Blastoise..well, I suppose Keldeo/Blastoise could be more efficient but the point of the deck was to spread and then kill. Thus Kyogre and Kyurem. I personally dislike Mewtwo a lot and I don't like to play him if I can avoid it but I see what you guys are saying. I suppose I'd either have to find a way to kill him or cut something to add him in :p

And @ TPM; if you're talking about me at states my deck lost because I took out Ninetales and didn't add anymore draw support :p Mewtwo would've been helpful but not having him was not the reason I lost xPP

priestkalim said:
Every deck has a way to consistently OHKO Durant. Durant didn't need an answer, that's what Catcher stalling covers. Mewtwo just clogs.
Reshiram is one of few things that is pretty freaking good against Mewtwo on its own. Mewtwo needs 4-5 energy on average to force an even prize exchange.
If Darkrai let them load 8 energy onto the field, they deserve to lose. Disruption is what Darkrai does.
Thunderdome I suppose I can grant you, although the energy counts were varied. 4 for 2 prizes was pretty fair in some builds.

I can actually show you the lists if you want, some durant decks used mewtwo (and it worked) darkrai has successfully tech'd in 1 mewtwo before in darkrai/tornadus, hammer time etc. (8 energy on mewtwo only takes 1-2 turns from a zeels player and darkrai can't possibly ohko a mewtwo) and mewtwo in tyram is just a nice tech for ko'ing other ex's (mewtwo included)

it's not really a question about if it would work, all those decks I mentioned have used 1 mewtwo and worked before, which is my point...

back on topic... This thread may be completely futuristic, but for anyone not going to worlds, a BW-Freeze Bolt format isn't that far away ( Nov. 7th is the release date I believe, which is abou 2 months from when the rotation happens, so it'll be our cities format...)

Kyurem EX is completely useless with Keldeo's release and I get the feeling that you're just running it because its a water type with a lot of hp (and in fact I get this feeling about most of your attackers). Kyurem EX does 60 for 3 and 120 for 4 with a drawback. Keldeo does 110 for 3 and 130 for 4 without a drawback, has a lower retreat cost, and a beneficial ability. Kyurem EX's only possible advantage is that it can use DCE, and you don't even run any! Personally, I'd just run Keldeo and then maybe a normal Kyurem or two. Keldeo 2HKOs all EXes regardless of any Eviolites, then OHKOs most non-EXes after Glaciate with 3 energy, then the rest are still OHKOed by 4 energy after Glaciate damage.

I'd keep 1 Kyurem EX for decks that rely on Special Energy. The retreat doesn't matter because of Keldeo's ability.

Dark Void said:
Kyurem EX is completely useless with Keldeo's release and I get the feeling that you're just running it because its a water type with a lot of hp (and in fact I get this feeling about most of your attackers). Kyurem EX does 60 for 3 and 120 for 4 with a drawback. Keldeo does 110 for 3 and 130 for 4 without a drawback, has a lower retreat cost, and a beneficial ability. Kyurem EX's only possible advantage is that it can use DCE, and you don't even run any! Personally, I'd just run Keldeo and then maybe a normal Kyurem or two. Keldeo 2HKOs all EXes regardless of any Eviolites, then OHKOs most non-EXes after Glaciate with 3 energy, then the rest are still OHKOed by 4 energy after Glaciate damage.

We only have 1 Kyurem and he, like Cinema said, is for the decks that rely on special energy :p And no, we were not running most of the attackers because they are water types with a lot of hp (though that is a nice plus) The point of the deck (and I seem to have to keep emphasizing this) is spreading damage with Kyurem ND and Kyogre EX and then finishing with Keldeo. I know just plain Keldeo with Blastoise is probably way more efficient and all that great stuff but the whole point of this deck is to spread :p

...that's what I'm saying, After a Glaciate, Keldeo OHKOs all non-EXes and 2HKOs any EXes (doesn't need a Glaciate for the latter and sometimes the former). Anything else is just fluff and makes the deck inconsistent, really.

So you're saying drop Kyogre and just run Kyurem/Keldeo/Blastoise? I still like the idea of 1 Kyurem EX but I'm starting to think maybe not Kyogre :p

Definitely keep Kyogre. Being able to OHKO 2 Tynamos and Swablus at once would practically make ZekEels and Garchomp simply unable to have a late game.

I like kyogre too, Kyurem NVI is a good spread pokemon but he can't hit for more than 30, Kyogre EX on the other hand can hit for more damage. if this deck was available right now, I'd probably run 1-2 kyogre and 2-3 kyurem. I would then try to get 2-3 glaciate's off and 1-2 dual splashes down, then everything (except maybe water resistant pokemon with eviolite...) will be in the ohko range of keldeo....

another nice thing I realized is, outside of kyogre EX this deck isn't weak to zeels at all (and it looks like it has a nice darkrai matchup too in theory...)

Im gonna test this deck a lot when we get blqstoise in english as he is one of my favourite pokemon!

The Pikachu Mafia said:
another nice thing I realized is, outside of kyogre EX this deck isn't weak to zeels at all (and it looks like it has a nice darkrai matchup too in theory...)

It will do great against Darkrai because you can take down Sableye and Dieno's with ease. And with enough speed, if Kyogre can take at least one hit from an electric Pokemon, you can KO all their Tynamo, meaning you just need to 1-2HKO everything and by the end, they probably took 2-3 prizes, MAYBE. But that also means that Virizion EP will be a big tech, and will be a big thorn in your side. Even Virizion NV will be trouble for you.

I'm not saying you'll OHKO them, but if you get the turn advantage on the, you can hit with Kyogre, then Glaciate for the KO's, it might not happen every game, but it's not impossible.

As dragons come in, water types will rise, won't they?
I also saw that one Milotic in the translation and PokeBeach's front page. Should you use that?

I think that is only useful with Empoleon. Here, with you often attacking turn 2, it is more of a hindrance

I suppose it would depend on your preference...Lapras is a basic so it gets points for that and is basically the water version of Emolga DRE(Or, should we say Emolga is the electric version of Lapras?) But Milotic is a better Twins kinda, has less retreat, and it's 2nd attack is better...eh, idk, I was thinking of trying both of them and see what I like better.

The reason I don't like it is it hurts your speed, but I play Keldeo Stream, so it might work better for you

I think it's safe to say that the strategy of keldeo/blastoise is very different from the strategy of keldeo/kyurem/blastoise and that may be why you want emolga or something (the more basics you have, the stronger emolga becomes..)

Lapras would be much better than Emolga in KelTiose, high HP, same typing, yeah, it has higher retreat, but Keldeo's Ability says Auto Switch.:D So I think Lapras>Emolga

Back