Possible Future Deck

Briaah

The voices may not be REAL but they have good idea
So my brother, The Pikachu Mafia and I were looking at all the Freeze Bolt/Cold Flare scans and Blastoise caught our eyes. Then we came up with a deck idea involving him and Kyurem/Keldeo EX/Kyogre EX

Here's a rough decklist that needs testing:

Pokemon 17:

3-1-3 Blastoise
3 Kyurem NV
2 Lapras ND 25/99
2 Keldeo EX
2 Kyogre EX
1 Kyurem EX

T/S/S 32:
3 N
3 Cheren
2 Juniper
2 Cilan
4 Pokemon Communication
3 Catcher
3 Rare Candy
2 Escape Rope/Switch
2 Eviolite
2 Tool Scraper
2 Heavy Ball
2 Town Map
2 Super Rod

Energy 11:

11 Water

Translations:

Squirtle - Water - HP60
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Shell Shield
As long as this Pokemon is on the Bench, it takes no damage from attacks.

[W][C] Water Spray: 10 damage. Flip a coin, if heads this attack does an additional 20 damage.

Weakness: Grass (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

Wartortle - Water - HP80
Stage 1 - Evolves from Squirtle

[C] Withdraw: Flip a coin, if heads this Pokemon takes no damage from attacks during your opponent’s next turn.
[W][W][C] Waterfall: 60 damage.

Retreat: 2

Blastoise - Water - HP140
Stage 1 - Evolves from Wartortle

Ability: Rain Dance.
As often as you like during your turn (before your attack), you may attach 1 [W] Energy card to 1 of your Pokemon. (This doesn’t use up your 1 Energy card attachment for the turn.)

[C][C][C][C] Hydro Pump: 60+ damage. This attack does 10 more damage for each [W] Energy attached to this Pokemon.

Retreat: 4

Keldeo-EX - Water - HP170
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Step In
Once during your turn (before you attack), if Keldeo-EX is your Bench, you may switch it with your Active Pokemon.

[C][C][C] Secret Sword: 50+ damage. This attack does 20 more damage for each [W] energy attached to this Pokemon.

Retreat: 2

Escape Rope - Trainer
Item

Your opponent switches his or her Active Pokemon with 1 of his or her Benched Pokemon, if any. You switch your Active Pokemon with 1 of your Benched Pokemon, if any.

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before your attack).

Tool Scraper - Trainer
Item

Choose up to 2 Pokémon Tool cards attached to both your and your opponent's Pokémon and discard them.

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before your attack).

Town Map - Trainer
Item

You play with your Prize cards face-up for the rest of the game.

You can use any number of Item cards during your turn.

The strategy of the deck is to load up spread attackers using Blastoise then do a ton of spread damage with Kyruem and Kyogre EX then finish up with Keldeo EX. Kyurem EX is for discarding special energies and Lapras is used a basic pokemon search since we only have six search cards.

So that's the idea! I know the deck lacks draw support/pokemon seach but we haven't even started testing it yet. It's sort of an idea we came up with in our free time. Any advice is appreciated!

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
OH MAN YOU ARE SO FUNNY FOR CALLING A DECK KKK DUR.

Get real.

Briaah

Um, I don't get it..is this a bad joke or something?

Lumos77

Swift Swimming Away...
I would prefer to stream Keldeo's with SSU, an go something like this

Keldeo/Blastoise

Pokemon 10

3-1-3 Blastoise
3 Keldeo

Trainers 36
3 Rare Candy
4 Bicycle
4 Ultra Ball
3 Cheren
4 N
4 Bianca
3 Skyla
1 Computer Search
4 SSU
4 Energy Retrieval

Energy 14
14 Water

EDIT: You do know what KKK stands for, right? (the other thing it stands for, not this deck)

MrGatr

Goin Rogue Baby :DDD
Just a suggestion, KKK = Klu Klux Klan, people who went crazy attacking Black men. I'd suggest changing the name :p

Also, Take out Lapras, and Put in the new Milotic, lets you search for 3 of ANY cards, not just basics. It works better.

Vulpix Yolk

\ \ durant gang \ \
Hahahahaha, yeah, that name is pretty offensive. Google is your friend.

One thing that I'd suggest would be dropping the Kyogres for Mewtwo EX. Blastoise can Rain Dance down to non-water Pokémon. Lapras really isn't worth the space. Drop them for another Tool Scraper and a 3rd Cilan.

Briaah

Lumos77 said:
I would prefer to stream Keldeo's with SSU, an go something like this

Keldeo/Blastoise

Pokemon 10

3-1-3 Blastoise
3 Keldeo

Trainers 36
3 Rare Candy
4 Bicycle
4 Ultra Ball
3 Cheren
4 N
4 Bianca
3 Skyla
1 Computer Search
4 SSU
4 Energy Retrieval

Energy 14
14 Water

EDIT: You do know what KKK stands for, right? (the other thing it stands for, not this deck)

Hm, interesting idea. We were just looking at this deck for spread though and not necessarily Keldeo but it's something to think about.

And um, yeah, I know what it stands for now....(my brother figured it out...) heh...sorry! Didn't know that until 5 minutes ago...xP

Martini said:
Just a suggestion, KKK = Klu Klux Klan, people who went crazy attacking Black men. I'd suggest changing the name :p

Also, Take out Lapras, and Put in the new Milotic, lets you search for 3 of ANY cards, not just basics. It works better.

Yeah...like I said, just figured that out...I'm sorry! I truly didn't know >_>
And ok, Milotic sounds better! I forgot about him..

Vulpix Yolk said:
Hahahahaha, yeah, that name is pretty offensive. Google is your friend.

One thing that I'd suggest would be dropping the Kyogres for Mewtwo EX. Blastoise can Rain Dance down to non-water Pokémon. Lapras really isn't worth the space. Drop them for another Tool Scraper and a 3rd Cilan.

I like Kyogre though heh...xP but that's a good idea..I suppose we need to do some testing

priestkalim

I like football but also, I don't...
Streaming Keldeo seems way more effective, just the consistency of it.

As for the former deck, Lapras is outclassed by Emolga DRE at everything except surviving a T1 Darkrai donk, but with the build as it is odds are substantially low you'll open with Lapras/Emolga anyway. Cilan's a really bad supporter even in this deck, and it stops you from using Random Receiver. If you're using BW6 cards, Computer Search is not optional. This deck really wants Energy Retrieval too.

Lumos77

Swift Swimming Away...
Actualy, Cilan can be good, if your streaming Keldeo's, since you'll start 1 shotting EX's.

Lumos77

Swift Swimming Away...
3 Energy > possible 1-2
There won't be much you would need to draw besides a catcher, and with Cilan you should 1-shot everyhting anyways

priestkalim

I suppose...I'm not sold though. I'm likely to hit an energy + Retrieval + 5 other cards with Juniper if I'm running 4 Retrieval.

Lumos77

Swift Swimming Away...
Just for the sake of argument, I'm posting my updated list

Keldeo/Blastoise

Pokemon 10

3-1-2 Blastoise
3 Keldeo EX
1 Mewtwo EX

Trainers 37
2 Rare Candy
4 Bicycle
4 Ultra Ball
2 Cheren
4 N
4 Catcher
2 Bianca
3 Skyla
1 Computer Search
4 SSU
3 Energy Retrieval

Energy 13
11 Water
2 DCE

priestkalim

Your list plays no Cilan.
To be honest, I like the look of the old list better, but you're the one testing it so I assume this worked better for you.

Lumos77

Swift Swimming Away...
Ya, well I made both of these in about 15 min, so they most likely are nothing like what I'll have at the end :p
Yes, I was trying to fit in Cilan, but with all of these new consistancy cards to put in I realized I had little deck space left afterwards :(

priestkalim

Exactly my point, the consistency cards are just better.
I'm not knocking your lists at all, quite the opposite. I'm fairly in love with the first one and will start there when I go to test this closer to BW6's English release.

The Pikachu Mafia

HTL is the Flippy Beam of Doom.
the thing with keldeo/blastoise is if you load enough water onto him to ohko ex's (about 6-8 energy) you're practically inviting mewtwo over to revenge ko you, and running 1 of your own mewtwo doesn't help much...

I rather set up a ton of spread damage with kyurem and sweep with only 4 energy on keldeo... (that's about 2 glacites) another thing that makes keldeo great is his ability, which works best with other attackers...

Lumos77

Swift Swimming Away...
I didnt think you were knocking my lists. TY, though :)
I think Cilan is worth it if you can fit it in, but I'm still struggling to do that

EDIT: ^ True, that is a good idea, surprised I didn't think of it

priestkalim

Running your own Mewtwo to return KO enemy Mewtwos is what makes a ton of decks viable, why wouldn't it work here?

I'd rather consistently have a solid attacker and a Blastoise on the board, personally.