Possible Future Deck

Mewtwo is essential for rivaling other Mewtwo's. One Mewtwo is minimum, but two or three Mewtwo is crucial.

I'd still run a regular Kyurem or two in here for the sake of having a (good) non-EX attacker.

priestkalim said:
Running your own Mewtwo to return KO enemy Mewtwos is what makes a ton of decks viable, why wouldn't it work here?

I'd rather consistently have a solid attacker and a Blastoise on the board, personally.

mewtwo wouldn't work as well here because you would run too short on energy and DCE isn't the best fit. Mewtwo will need 2-3 energy to revenge ko another mewtwo, if the opposite mewtwo just ohko'd your keldeo, more than half your energy is in the discard. Energy Retrieval helps, but without J-Arm it's only going to take you so far.

the only deck that can really abuse mewtwo BW-on that I can think of is zeels (also running 1 mewtwo doesn't help at all if they just revenge that too)

then of course, without other attackers, this deck loses badly to shaymin EX...

The Pikachu Mafia said:
mewtwo wouldn't work as well here because you would run too short on energy and DCE isn't the best fit. Mewtwo will need 2-3 energy to revenge ko another mewtwo, if the opposite mewtwo just ohko'd your keldeo, more than half your energy is in the discard. Energy Retrieval helps, but without J-Arm it's only going to take you so far.

With your logic, how else are you going to respond to Mewtwo?

with my logic, you use kyurem NVI to lower the amout of energy needed on keldeo so mewtwo is never a problem in the first place. (also kyurem EX is nice against mewtwo)

mewtwo is a decent attacker by all means, but you shouldn't run just keldeo EX and expect 1 copy of mewtwo EX to save you against other mewtwo

I will grant 1 Kyurem as a seventh prize, as a tech. It's not amazing, but it is what it is. A free attacker is alright.

Mewtwo will not be on the field to be hit by Kyurem. Ever. It will be dropped, powered, and kill your Keldeo. There's nothing to do about that, and now you're left with a Kyurem that likely won't do more than spread 30 before also being OHKOd. I'm done discussing not running Mewtwos to counter Mewtwos, that's just silly.

I never said "don't use mewtwo" I said that running 1 copy of mewtwo isn't going to help anything in the long run.

If you want to run mewtwo specifically to counter other mewtwo, you're going to want at least 2 of them in a format without dual ball or collector

...even in a format with Dual Ball and Collector, 2 is the minimum. That was never a point of contention...

The Pikachu Mafia said:
I never said "don't use mewtwo" I said that running 1 copy of mewtwo isn't going to help anything in the long run.

Hope said:
Mewtwo is essential for rivaling other Mewtwo's. One Mewtwo is minimum, but two or three Mewtwo is crucial.

/me facepalms

priestkalim said:
...even in a format with Dual Ball and Collector, 2 is the minimum. That was never a point of contention...

Tyram, Mageels, Durant, Darkrai, Klingklang EX etc. all can get away with 1 copy of mewtwo in a format where they can junk arm a super rod and play dual ball, it was rarer, but possible. Now there is no excuse for running 1 mewtwo.

Hope said:
* Hope facepalms

sorry if I'm confusing you, but I'm all out aginst 1 mewtwo in any BW-on deck, a point at which (to me at least) I made very clear in my first post here. Sorry if you took it the wrong way...

JayKam said:
Raticate/flygon sounds like a legit deck

If only there was a way to get Raticate out of the active after attacking, that might work. It's too slow otherwise, there are better options to 2HKO things. It also chews a lot of resources switching the two in and out every turn.

As for PikaMafia, Tyram and Durant never needed Mewtwo ever, while Thunderdome and Darkrai didn't need Mewtwo so much as welcome him.

priestkalim said:
As for PikaMafia, Tyram and Durant never needed Mewtwo ever, while Thunderdome and Darkrai didn't need Mewtwo so much as welcome him.

durant used a 1 mewtwo tech with DCE to keep other mewtwo from loading up 5-6 energy and ohko'ing them. As for tyram, I know someone who decided not to run mewtwo in their tyram for states (it was a decent tyram deck too) however she went 0-X before dropping, mainly due to a lack of 1 mewtwo... Darkrai needed mewtwo to stop shaymin UL from dropping 8 energy onto an eviolited mewtwo and sweeping darkrai, mageels can't give up 4 energy for every EX ko so 1 mewtwo is really nice in there... I've played many of these decks and 1-2 mewtwo is really nice in all of them, however BW-on is different...

on a side note, Raticate has nothing to do with blastoise :p

Every deck has a way to consistently OHKO Durant. Durant didn't need an answer, that's what Catcher stalling covers. Mewtwo just clogs.
Reshiram is one of few things that is pretty freaking good against Mewtwo on its own. Mewtwo needs 4-5 energy on average to force an even prize exchange.
If Darkrai let them load 8 energy onto the field, they deserve to lose. Disruption is what Darkrai does.
Thunderdome I suppose I can grant you, although the energy counts were varied. 4 for 2 prizes was pretty fair in some builds.

Why in the world are you looking this far ahead? We won't be getting these cards for months, not until after the Dragon set. You're getting ahead of yourself, we don't even know what the meta will look like then. It's fun to speculate, but it's a little early to be making lists and testing them.

I, for one, am certainly not testing BW6 cards any time soon. I'm testing DRE still. But theorymon is fun during this tourneyless (Worlds aside) offseason.

priestkalim said:
If only there was a way to get Raticate out of the active after attacking, that might work. It's too slow otherwise, there are better options to 2HKO things. It also chews a lot of resources switching the two in and out every turn.

its a 1hko since flygons ability will ko it between the turn. also both raticate attack and flygons ability dont deal damage they place damage counters so it guarantees u the KO

Unless I missed something, Flygon has to be active to do 10 damage. So you have to have Raticate active one turn, then Flygon active. 2HKO.

priestkalim said:
Unless I missed something, Flygon has to be active to do 10 damage. So you have to have Raticate active one turn, then Flygon active. 2HKO.

ur right it has to be active, read it wrong. then maybe Dusknoir could help raticate out, maybe along with exp share to attack each turn

Yep.

Back on topic, Wailord/Blastoise sounds like the most hilarious deck in the world. Because it uses Wailord.

Back