Pokemon Pokemon Plotholes Discussion Thread

RE: Pokemon Plotholes!

Lieutenant Houndoom said:
Let's seee... the seasons he doesn't travel with Brock... uh, when would that be? He's the only series regular who's been there the whole time.
OBJECTION! Brock was not with Ash in the Orange Islands. He was with Prof. Ivy.

How about how do the nurses get paid and afford all the technology if all their services are free?

That's because Pokemon thougt we Americans might've seen Brock as a racist stereotype for Asian people, but we loved Brock, so he returned. Lucky Jynx didn't start a trend.

Flare said:
Let's seee... the seasons he doesn't travel with Brock... uh, when would that be? He's the only series regular who's been there the whole time.
OBJECTION! Brock was not with Ash in the Orange Islands. He was with Prof. Ivy.

Yeah but the orange islands wasnt a whole season it was just a set of episodes i dont remember him being with Ivy the whole season.

Meh. Haven't read it for the whole time. Regardless, any backpacker knows to have at least one member of the party carrying supplies, otherwise they'd be dead halfway in the middle of a jungle or something.

Okay, heres one.

In almost every episode of Pokemon, the Pokemon eat a bunch of food, but in the games, you don't have to feed them. Why are they still alive!

makes you wonder WHAT they're eating...there are no real animals in the series nor the game...

Miltank steak? Grumpig burger? Kentucky Fried Torchic? :p

I have a plot hole!

Why are the only two original Poke Balls being used in the anime are the Poke Ball and the Master Ball?

They do use other pokeballs in the anime; just very rarely.
If I recall, at least one of Ash's pokemon in Johto was caught using a great ball.

The Master Ball appeared on the anime?
I din't know that. =/

^^don't forgot get the dark ball from mewtwo movie! there was also one episode where ash catches a totodile with a water ball.

The original Poke Balls are Poke Balls, Great Balls, Ultra Balls, and Master Balls IMO. As in the Poke Balls in every game.

Ash caught Totodile with a Lure Ball, and a Master Ball was seen in Hoenn when a Whiscash ate Ash's badges, and some elder tried to capture the Whiscash. He through the Master Ball, but Whiscash ate it!

The other point is that if you use a repel and you don't want to battle why bother send it out in the first place? It makes a shiny distraction? ._.

Here's a plothole:

How can you travel on the back of a Pidgey when it's using the move Fly (HM02) as a field move? That must be one strong Pidgey, or one very light trainer. XD

Already said that when I Surfed on my Horsea.

Also, ever try using Strength or Rock Smash with Shuckle (10 base attack)? It works, incrediably. And in that vein... he can smash massive rocks but can't dent a puffball of a Pokémon (Jiggly/Whismur/anything else normal).

Already said that when I Surfed on my Horsea.

Also, ever try using Strength or Rock Smash with Shuckle (10 base attack)? It works, incrediably. And in that vein... he can smash massive rocks but can't dent a puffball of a Pokémon (Jiggly/Whismur/anything else normal).

There is a difference between flying and surfing. XD

Just kidding, I know what you mean. There should be limits when it comes to using the HM moves outside of battle for some pokes, lol.

You arrive inside of the truck, and where did the battle frontier come from, thin air, i mean come on.

I'm not sure if this has been said but if you keep making pokemon faint, wouldn't someone care? I'd think Nurse Joy would get really angry that you used all your pokemon to beat up all the wild pokemon and leave them there. Another thing, when you throw a pokeball, why does it get used up? Surely if ever time you threw a pokeball and it didn't work it would come back to you and if it didn't you'd be littering every route with unsuccessful pokeballs. Also, if Dialga, Palkia and Giratina have existed for a giant amount of time, why are they only level 47 in their respective games?

Because lv. 47 is good? They were resting for a long time, too, remember.

But yeah, the pokeballs one is a good point. On the TV show, when ash tries to catch his mankey, he catches a Donut (I have absolutely no clue how to spell that word.), but he gets to re-use it.

Back