Pokemon Pokemon Plotholes Discussion Thread

RE: Pokemon Plotholes!

Paper PokeMaster said:
They wouldn't have moving trucks in the future. (RSE)

Not necessarily, all we know is that it looked like a truck....

Anyways, the overall consensus across the internet is that Pokémon takes place in the near future. The technology's just a little more advanced.

The over all consensus is that the game designers are not worried about any of that , so they just d what they want.

burnpsy said:
Paper PokeMaster said:
Not necessarily, all we know is that it looked like a truck....
It was a truck. It looked like one, it moved like one, it smelled like one (you need to hack the game to know this), it sounded like one, and it even had a "door" at the back.

Paper PokeMaster said:

Since when can you tell the future? XD

If anything, with global warming is coming seriously into effect, we will wish that we had trucks that moved in the future! ^_^

Anyways, the whole idea of a Pokemon dissolving into a red beam of light and being transfered in that way is out of this world. It's a bit hard to think of any more plotholes at the moment because we've thought of so many of them. The whole idea of leaving your family at age 10 without being nervous in the least to wander miles from home in to the vast open is a plothole in itself. When would that ever happen in reality? :p

Jamtok said:
Paper PokeMaster said:

If anything, with global warming is coming seriously into effect, we will wish that we had trucks that moved in the future! ^_^

In the future, I doubt there will be moving trucks. Maybe teleporters?

Paper PokeMaster said:
Jamtok said:
Paper PokeMaster said:

In the future, I doubt there will be moving trucks. Maybe teleporters?

Are you even reading what I'm writing? Why is it so difficult for you to face the harsh reality that our existence might be coming to an end soon. You have to escape this theory that everything will be okay in the future; teleporters, everyday cloning of humans, traffic in the air and not on the ground, or what I like to call "The Jetsons" theory. Teleporting works in the same way that a pokeball transfers the pokemon into a beam of energy into the pokeball, and conversely. So what you're saying is that we can take a human, convert it into some sort of strange beam of energy, shoot that beam and send him/her to another device to appear exactly like he/she was before? Possible? Yes, but not anytime soon, especially with numerous ways of our existence coming to an end soon possibly. In the future, we won't have time to make "teleporters"; we will be just trying to make it and survive; like subsistence farming, "enough to live".

That is why I say that we will wish we even had moving trucks, since resources will be down so drastically; do you get what I am saying now? (And please don't say "I doubt there will be moving trucks in the future.)

You're taking what I'm saying way out of context. My point is; in the future, our resources will be so limited that we wish we could have something that we take for granted right now; for instance a truck. Our resources will be limited due to our stupidity, and greed from the government, who know that we can still save ourselves, but don't care about the future.

I have a plot hole! =D

The fact that cities in the pokemon world are small enough to be villages in our world.
Well, at least in the games.
In the anime, they make them look like cities. :p

Although, it's understandable why they would want to make smaller cities in a game, but still, it's a plot hole. :O

Nice plothole, Star. ^_^

The game makers just got lazy, like you said. XD

Then again, there are games like Grand theft auto that almost feature realistic size cities, no?

In a continuation of that, Bulbapedia counts around 50 as the highest population in any Pokemon game. 50 is less than a third of my grade. Must be fun then.

Of course, more people means more lines, and more unnessecary data.

Despite what sort of leg ending they have, Stomp always has a humanoid shaped foot. Even when Ponyta's doing it. In fact, I don't see many Stomps with humanoid feet at all, most of them are paws or hooves. Same thing with Thrash.

Jamtok said:
Nice plothole, Star. ^_^

Then again, there are games like Grand theft auto that almost feature realistic size cities, no?

It would be great to actually see a Pokemon city that is immense and has literally blocks of buildings and skyscrapers. It would tie it in more with reality, but think about all of the buildings you could explore in. Yet, not all of them would have to be accessable. Just more like real-life. That would a be kind of neat. Also, I wouldn't mind having suburbs surround the borders of a city. That would make it a little more interesting. :)

LuckyLuigi7 said:
Jamtok said:
Nice plothole, Star. ^_^

It would be great to actually see a Pokemon city that is immense and has literally blocks of buildings and skyscrapers. It would tie it in more with reality, but think about all of the buildings you could explore in. Yet, not all of them would have to be accessable. Just more like real-life. That would a be kind of neat. Also, I wouldn't mind having suburbs surround the borders of a city. That would make it a little more interesting. :)

Exactly like GTA...but with Pokemon, eh? ^_^

Oh, and you should actually be to see the wild pokes before you encounter them, just like you are able to with the legendary/epic/the pokes you're supposed to see kind of battles. Gamefreak needs to come out with a 3D "Version" type kind of game, and not like XD or Colloseum, or Battle Revolution; no, they need to release something like "Awesome Version" that has Primeape on the cover for the Wii, and have all these cool things that we've been discussing in these past few posts, right?

Staraptor said:
I have a plot hole! =D

The fact that cities in the pokemon world are small enough to be villages in our world.
Well, at least in the games.
In the anime, they make them look like cities. :p

Although, it's understandable why they would want to make smaller cities in a game, but still, it's a plot hole. :O

You stole my plothole! Here is one: How everyone else BUT THE MAIN CHARACTER talks. Going through the game with only saying Yes or No...weird.

Maybe he/she's a mute and uses sign language, and the only words they know in sign language are yes/no? XD

BTW, i'm almost done with your banner request ShayminSky. I'll have it done tomorrow for sure, though. ^_^

here's the biggest plothole ever :p (well, 2 plotholes really)

Why is a 10 year old un-experienced kid bringing down evil organizations while there are Elite4's and Champions with way more time and experience to do so? really don't they have anything better to do instead of standing in the center of the same room every single day?

Jamtok said:
Exactly like GTA...but with Pokemon, eh? ^_^

Oh, and you should actually be to see the wild pokes before you encounter them, just like you are able to with the legendary/epic/the pokes you're supposed to see kind of battles. Gamefreak needs to come out with a 3D "Version" type kind of game, and not like XD or Colloseum, or Battle Revolution; no, they need to release something like "Awesome Version" that has Primeape on the cover for the Wii, and have all these cool things that we've been discussing in these past few posts, right?

Yeah, that would be awesome to catch, train, battle, trade, and walk around in a 3D world for one of Nintendo's new Pokemon RPGs. The look would defenitely be loads cooler, and it could actually be for a regular console like the Wii where you use the Wiimote to walk around. They need to bring these Pokemon RPGs to a new level. :)

Oh. I thought of another one.

How come in every Pokemon game you have a room but your mom doesn't?

They also have a kitchen but not a bathroom in their house also.

They go outside to do their business?

When you fight "swimmers" they stand on the water during their battle.

Back