Pokemon Black and White 2 Metagame Discussion

Pokebeach is done with its playthrough. They were only playing to the end of the game.

You can find Imposter Ditto in BW2. I actually like this because it gives this metagame a little stability. Of course, SubCM Keldeo and SubNP Thundurus are really popular. If anything I could see a rise in substitute sweepers.

Equinox said:
Better yet, if he could explain how the player got Soul Dew. Either way, we'll find out if it's fake or not via Pokebeach's BW2 play through.
Someone on Smogon found it after they beat Latias/Latios in the Dreamyard. I can testify to this as well, because I found it in my copy.

I got just laddered to page 1 on beta's ladder with this team:

Politoed / Donphan / Rotom-W / Scizor / Thundurus-T / Tornadus-T

Very effective volt-turn sort of thing, pretty much what a standard rain team is going to look like, at least until the next round of suspect voting.

Oh, and in other news, Keldeo is absolutely terrible in this metagame...

Void said:
I got just laddered to page 1 on beta's ladder with this team:

Politoed / Donphan / Rotom-W / Scizor / Thundurus-T / Tornadus-T

Very effective volt-turn sort of thing, pretty much what a standard rain team is going to look like, at least until the next round of suspect voting.

Oh, and in other news, Keldeo is absolutely terrible in this metagame...

I have been using a team similar to that, however I run Mamoswine. Mamoswine is really good in this metagame due to the surplus of Flying-types and just a generally great revenge killer. Thick Fat and Stealth Rock give it a niche too.

And yeah, Keldeo is pretty bad. I've only been having trouble with SubCM sets, and even then it only gets away with killing one Pokemon before dying.

Latios and Latias(Maybe) Will probably be Uber now because of Soul Dew like it was in 4th gen. Or just ban the item like nintendo does.

yeah. Latios is both cool and strong and would be a shame to lose. I'd vote for item ban only.

It's probably just due to people being high on the genies and new rain toys, but I'm finding this metagame very bland :(

I'm sure that the meta will diversify in time, but I still fear it will stay rather shallow.

Using Kyurem-B: It wasn't really impressive, it's really only affective if you put on a Choice Scarf, and even then it's slow and gets outsped by other scarf Pokemon.

Kyurem-W: It's good, it gets unresisted STAB, and it can make use of Blizzard, Fusion Flare, and Draco Meteor AKA get unresisted coverage, which is something Kyurem-B can't do. I'd say this forme will be put into Ubers and Kyurem-B will sink down in play.

It's not quite Chandelure, but we'll be getting Shadow Tag Gothitelle (via Gothorita event) next month. If we don't get Chandelure before then, how do you guys think Gothitelle will perform in OU, if at all?

Specs + Trick would be how I would use it. Since it will naturally attract Blissey and Chansey, might as well cripple them. It's huge Tyranitar and Scizor bait though.

Gothitelle doesn't have the stats to be amazing. It might work as a special wall as the special Pokémon can't switch. but 70/110 isn't good, but not bad either. and 95 Physical defense isn't too great, either. While it is still decently bulky, It's not great.Also, it's speed is really low Tyranitar can predict it coming in and destroy it. A Calm Mind set is viable if it switches in on a Pokemon locked into a resisted attack. Chandelure however will be far greater than Gothitelle once released. It resists all of Scizor's main attacks and can dent anything with it's #1 of all non-legends special attack.

Wobbuffet is so much better. It takes hits better and Counter + Mirror Coat lets it dispose of threats better. Gothitelle just lacks the offences to pose a threat and the deffenses to take too many hits. It doesn't even have enough speed to be effective. If it had 71 speed I might like it more as it can then trap and kill Breloom.

It's "one of those Pokemon that might be good in UU."

A scarf set sounds good since it can outspeed Tornadus-T by one point, however the power behind this set is so terrible, not to mention how bad the coverage moves are.

With Genesect coming in only a month, let's talk about him too. What effects do you think he'll have on the OU metagame? Will any Pokemon rise or fall in usage upon Genesect's release? Will Genesect be too good for the OU metagame?

This is a Pokemon that I can't wait to use. It's a really good scarfer in the DW tier (which is unfortunately filled with Chandelure, limiting the effectiveness of Genesect's other sets), but I think a Rock Polish set could work out well.

Genesect is sorta weak(When only using one side of the offensive spectrum). 120/120/99 isn't too good if you aren't mixed. with those stats It's only really good if it's mixed scarf or something. I'm surprised #649 isn't 680 BST. Well, it has passable bulk. It will see high usage since its new, but it's not that good. I've never played DW so I don't know.

Uhh, what? 120 Attack/Special Attack is awesome. 99 Speed is a bit of a letdown, since it's slower than Salamence, but whatever. It's easy to work around.

Not to mention it gets Download (+1 boost just for switching in), so its attacks will hit even harder. It's mostly going to be a special sweeper (Bug Buzz/Thunderbolt/Ice Beam/Flamethrower is awesome, and hits incredibly hard after a download boost), since it has a small physical movepool. People have only been using Mixed Scarf because that's the best way to use it with Shadow Tag Chandy around in DW, but without it I think we can tap into some of Genesect's unknown potential (which is why I suggested Rock Polish).

Genesect is the third most used Pokemon in the DW tier (after TTar and Chandy), so it has to be awesome.

Back