Pokemon Black and White 2 Metagame Discussion

I just think 120/120 is sorta a let down for the last Pokemon in the "reboot" generation. I didn't realize it had download, that seems pretty good actually. I wonder if it will make people use more fire moves. 99 speed is what really gets to it. It makes it pretty much always use a scarf. I just saw its moveset and it's pretty wide. It will be very versatile.

WHY DOES MELOETTA SUCK SO BADLY =[

Meloetta is legal now, yay!

Too bad she sucks because I love her to death.

Pros:

- can switch formes at the drop of a hat
- Pirouette Forme is blistering fast and gets STAB Close Combat
- Aria Forme is nice and bulky
- Serene Grace and a good movepool to abuse it

Cons:

- Outclassed at nearly everything she can do
- Pirouette Forme can't effectively run choice sets
- No reliable recovery
- Almost no resistances

g90348ioeghjklsgf help me find a way to make her not terrible. This is was the Meloetta discussion thread, let's make it happen

Pirouette Forme is a bad Rock Polish Terrakion. Aria Forme is okay, but overall outclassed by Reuniclus (more bulk, recover) and Latias (faster, dragon-type, recover) as Calm Mind sweepers. PDC pointed out Perish Song to me and that's actually decent I guess.

I once thought up a set of Work Up / Shadow Ball / Relic Song / Close Combat. It looks good on paper, but it's probably bad in actual play.

Meloetta's terribleness is really sad. the poor girl's Aria Forme is outclassed by Reuniclus in virtually every way (bar Spd and SpD, and Reuniclus usually runs CM and doesn't need the speed anyway), and Pirouette Forme is annoying to activate, because it gives the opponent a free turn. she doesn't even really have anything to take advantage of Serene Grace. WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS GAME FREAK

This is the best Meloetta set I've found, and it works like a charm:

name: Mixed Attacker
move 1: Relic Song
move 2: Close Combat
move 3: Thunderbolt / Thunder
move 4: Psychic / Hidden Power Ice
item: Life Orb
nature: Naive
evs: 224 Att / 84 SpA / 200 Spe

The Attack EVs make Meloetta-P's Close Combat as strong as Lucario's. The speed allows Piro forme to outspeed Tornadus-T and the attack EVs allow for Meloetta to OHKO max/max Conkeldurr. In Pirouette forme, Thunder has a 87.5% chance of OHKOing Tornadus-T after Stealth Rock.

The thing I love about Meloetta is the the counters of one forme are beaten by the other. Tyranitar loves Pursuiting Aria forme, but is totally scared of Pirouette forme.

Genesect is released today. I wonder how long will it take til it is allowed on PO/PS?

It is already on PS (as per default, it is OU), according to Birkal on Smogon. Try it out now. You can already tell that Scizor is going to take a big hit in popularity. They may go to the top ten together and just fight it out, using their advantages over one another. Somehow, like in DW, I expect Genesect to come out on top.

~AoH

We may as well discuss Genesect here until it becomes a POTW, which I'm sure will be soon. What set are you guys running, or find the most viable. I'm looking forward to building a team around Rock Polish Genesect and see how it turns out, although its best set will probably always be Scarf. I also might try a Heatran lure set with HP Ground.

Cooltrainer Alan said:
Genesect is released today. I wonder how long will it take til it is allowed on PO/PS?

I unbanned it the day it was released from PB's server.

I've been using Genesect since the day it came out on my rain team. It tends to cause a lot of switches, but Heatran is its greatest counter. It doesn't do anything at all to Heatran but is 1HKOd in no weather by Lava Plume.

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
EVs: 4 atk / 252 spa / 252 spe
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Flamethrower/ Bug Buzz
- Thunder/Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Blissey also gives it problems. A good partner in rain is Toxicroak because of its versatility and ability to beat pink blobs. Specs Latios is also a good partner for its sheer power. I run Latios with trick to cripple any blob / Ferrothorn/ Jirachi / Scizor switch-ins. Tornadus-Therian is also a great partner for Genesect. It removes Heatran with a surprise HP Ground so that Genesect can switch in more freely. Genesect also appreciates Rapid Spin support so it can switch in more without fear of death. Lastly, entry hazards are good for Genesect because of the sheer amount of switches it forces. Genesect has no problems tearing through weakened teams with a spa boost from Download.

Haha geez, Scizor usage is way down from what I've seen on the ladder. Considering it was just usurped from the #1 position by Politoed, I feel a little sorry for it now. :C

I've been using this set on wifi since a few hours after it came out (I got mine ASAP xD) and it's been working pretty well. I need to switch the Life Orb for Expert Belt, though, since it seems most people are expecting Choice Scarf on Genesect.

Genesect @ Life Orb / Expert Belt
Ability: Download
EVs: 64 atk / 192 spa / 252 spe
Naive Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower
- U-turn

It seems like abusing Genesect's awesome coverage is going to be a theme with him :p
And don't ask about the EVs. I found them somewhere and they seem to work well with U-turn damage, so yeah.

Back