Pokemon Black and White 2 Metagame Discussion

RE: The Pokémon BW2 Move Tutor Move Theorymon

When your burned, you shift. Or you can rest to heal then shift. Sleep talk, shift the sleep .Awake, shift the burn. Psychic or Cosmic Power would be the best option, but HP Fighting(Might get Focus Blast, I dont know.) or something might be good as well for Dark types trying to wall him.

RE: Therian Genies Discussion

Shadow Scyther said:
The new Tornadus has Volt Absorb Pride ;P

That's why I said it had one safe move to switch into between the two of them (Scizor and Rotom-W).

Pride said:
Ehhhhh.... Not really. Scizor's U-turn does 126 - 149 which results to 42% at minimum to a 4/0 Thunderus-T. And Rotom-W with 0 spatk EVs does 108 - 128 (36% at min) damage to the same 4/0 Thunderus-T. Factoring in a possible Stealth Rocks and it really only has a single safe move to switch into from both of these Pokemon.

I was looking forward to Tornadus-T but... its base stats leave some to be desired.

That is damage from what attack? I am guessing Hydro Pump.

Yes that's Hydro Pump from a Rotom that has 0 SpAtk EVs which most run some. Modest 252 does 223-264 (74% at min) with Hydro Pump which is almost a certain OHKO after Stealth Rocks.

That Landorus is going to be so overpowered as far as VGC is concerned. Good bye Krookidile, there's a new, more intimidating ground in town.

+2 LO 252+ Adamant LO Haxorus Aqua Tail (Rain) vs 252/252 Impish Skarm (Leftovers): 78.74 - 92.81%

This scares me. Looks like Haxorus didn't need Fire Punch to 2HKO the whole meta.

Been playing some BW2 on Pokemon Showdown. Thundurus-T and Tornadus-T are everywhere. Tornadus-T has pretty much overtaken any role Tornadus-Normal had, except for Prankster Tailwind. Regenerator is worth the small drop in power, and 110 Sp.A is still solid. The speed boost gets past Starmie and ScarfTar, which really matters.

Thundurus-T has an awesome Scarf set as it shares Landorus' same Speed tier of 101. Agility sets are also pretty sweet, as after one turn of set-up you're basically faster than everything. Nasty Plot set is overkill imo, but it's still good. Scarf seems like the way to go with Thunderbro, since it is already so powerful.

Landorus-T is... really rare. It's still useful as a Choice Scarf, but the base 91 speed is disappointing. It's commonly used as a defensive pivot due to U-Turn and Stealth Rock. Stealth Rock is really awesome right now because the Therian Tbros are everywhere, necessitating Stealth Rock support. Adding a Jirachi, Bronzong or Mamoswine isn't a bad thing either.

Rain Aqua Tail Haxorus... Sounds pretty brutal! Can any other good pokemon learn Aqua Tail to abuse in rain?

Haxorus is the only one people are caring about. Looking at that calc, it's pretty easy to see why.

Speaking of Haxorus, learning Low Kick keeps Ferrothorn at bay too (100BP against Ferro). So it pretty much has no counters unless you lock it into Outrage. Mamoswine is a near-essential for it, as is a Scarf Base >=100.

I have merged threads together to form this since this seemed more beneficial.

Technician Breloom can be found in BW2. I don't know if it's only male or not. If it is then you cannot get Bullet Seed on it. Tornadus-T kind of makes Breloom's life a living hell though haha.

Apparently all of those "Hidden Hollow" Pokemon have random natures, so it is possible to get Bullet Seed.

This meta isn't really kind to it though with all of the flying types everywhere. I think it'll be great on sun teams though since it beats Politoed, Abomasnow and Tyranitar.

Low Sweep seems like a good Fighting STAB. 60(135 with Technician.) Base Power and 100% Speed dropping can come in handy. He has Stone Edge to hit Flying types, also. Most flying types don't even use there STABs but thundurus-T With Hidden Power Ice should still do a lot. So maybe something like Spore/Low Sweep/Stone Edge/Something??

ADDED: Another good choice is Mach Punch because of priority. Has anyone thought of a good set for Technician Breloom?

There is overworld sprite data for Litwick (Its on this sprite sheet.) I wonder if Shadow Tag will be banned?? Trick with Shadow Tag can guarantee you crippling something with a choice item since they can't switch. I can also imagine a Blissey counter with Trick Flame Orb.

Does anyone know what a good ranking is on Pokemon Showdown?

Is 1850 good?

Pardon the double post, but I feel this is worth brining up:

910655.jpg

Soul Dew is now released. Whether or not it stays around is the question.

So let's talk about this discovery.

Looks like Lati twin usage is going to spike. Scarf will still be a viable option on Latios, but Specs and Expert Belt seem a little underwhelming now. Latias might miss the Leftovers recovery, but most sets run recover anyways. With Soul Dew just being discovered, I think it's a bit early to determine if anything will be banned, but it sure will be interesting to see it in competitive play again.

Bippa said:
This meta isn't really kind to it though with all of the flying types everywhere.

You'd be surprised. Techniloom is an absolute monster. A typical example would be a Life Orb 4-5 Bullet Seed followed by a Mach Punch always KOing Tornadus and Thundurus after Stealth Rock. Breloom will thrive in such an offensive metagame where it can pick apart so many frail sweepers with a ridiculous priority attack, and render Pokemon useless with Spore where they don't have the time to wake up in faster paced matches. It's like, the dream Pokemon for offense-- Amazing priority, Sleep, and hard to come by resistances.

I'd probably run Bullet Seed, Mach Punch, Spore, and Swords Dance.

That soul dew could've been hacked. where is the picture from(website.)?

Cooltrainer Alan said:
That soul dew could've been hacked. where is the picture from(website.)?

Better yet, if he could explain how the player got Soul Dew. Either way, we'll find out if it's fake or not via Pokebeach's BW2 play through.

Back