Pokemon Black and White 2 Metagame Discussion

Alan

No Items. Not Ever.
Hello everyone. This is made to brainstorm new possible sets for Pokemon in BW using the new Move Tutor moves.
A List of who learns what can be found by clicking this.
(Thanks Bippa for the link!)
Heres a list of the move tutor moves:
Code:
Covet 
Bug Bite
Drill Run
Bounce
Signal Beam
Iron Head 
Super Fang 
Uproar
Seed Bomb
Dual Chop
Low Kick
Thunderpunch
Fire Punch
Ice Punch
Gunk Shot
Last Resort
Iron Defense
Magnet Rise
Magic Coat
Block
Hyper Voice
Electroweb
Icy Wind
Iron Tail
Aqua Tail
Earth Power
Zen Headbutt
Foul Play
Superpower
Gravity 
Dragon Pulse
Dark Pulse
Bind 
Snore
Heal Block
Knock Off
Synthesis
Roost
Sky Attack
Role Play
Heat Wave
Giga Drain
Drain Punch
Pain Split
Tailwind
Worry Seed
Gastro Acid
Helping Hand
After You
Magic Room
Wonder Room
Spite
Recycle
Trick
Stealth Rock
Outrage
Endeavor
Sleep Talk
Skill Swap
Snatch

I'll start:
TrickScarf Chandelure
252SpA/252Spe/4HP
Item: Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
Flash Fire
Moves:
Trick
Flamethrower
Shadow Ball
Psychic

New Hydreigon
Hydreigon @ Life Orb
252 SpA/252Spe/4HP
Modest Nature
Levitate
Moves:
-Earth Power
-Dark Pulse
-Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor
-Fire Blast/Flamethrower

RE: The Pokémon BW2 Move Tutor Move Theorymon

Gliscor will now be able to learn Roost and Stealth Rock alongside Poison Heal, pretty great stuff there!

Cooltrainer Alan said:
TrickScarf Chandelure
252SpA/252Spe/4HP
Item: Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
Flash Fire
Moves:
Trick
Flamethrower
Fire Blast
Psychic

Until it gets Shadow Tag, Chandelure is garbage. Also, your moveset isn't very good. Psychic is a waste of a move and so is two Fire-type moves. Heatran ring a bell? :Y

New Hydreigon
Hydreigon @ Life Orb
252 SpA/252Spe/4HP
Modest Nature
Levitate
Moves:
-Earth Power
-Dark Pulse
-Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor
-Fire Blast/Flamethrower

Nothing is new about that lol. Hydreigon has had those moves forever.

I think we should hold off on our theorymons a little until we actually see if certain Pokemon get certain moves. I'm placing bets that Volcarona gets Roost, however that might not even happen.

My wishlist so far:
>Gliscor gets Roost and Stealth Rock with Poison Heal.
>Conkledurr gets all elemental punches
>Chlorophyll Venusaur with Giga Drain
>I know people are like "omg you can have spikes, sr, and leeche seed on ferrothorn now", but I honestly would only run one. You shouldn't really have Ferrothorn doing too much.
>Haxorus with Fire Punch and Superpower.
>Dragonite with Multiscale and Superpower
>Thick Fat Mamoswine is a little better now.

Mr. Nidoking here is looking for something new, and it turns out its Hone Claws set just got a lot more potent with Gunk Shot. A set of Gunk Shot and all three punches 2HKOs everything in UU after Spikes and Stealth Rock. It's going to be fun down their.

As for another UU guy, if Escavalier gets Drill Run (why not?) and Superpower (maybe a slight stretch), it's finally got some coverage to be even better in UU.

As for OU, DD+Outrage Moxie Mence is going to be plain scary. RestTalk Dnite + Dragon Tail is also going to be pretty cool as a phaser. Roost Hydreigon will also be nice. Finally, SuperPower Dnite will be awesome on Rain teams.

Roost Volcarona will be plain annoying. Getting a recovery move not dependant on weather only makes it better.

ComfortEagle said:
Until it gets Shadow Tag, Chandelure is garbage. Also, your moveset isn't very good. Psychic is a waste of a move and so is two Fire-type moves. Heatran ring a bell? :Y

Nothing is new about that lol. Hydreigon has had those moves forever.

I think we should hold off on our theorymons a little until we actually see if certain Pokemon get certain moves. I'm placing bets that Volcarona gets Roost, however that might not even happen.

My wishlist so far:
>Gliscor gets Roost and Stealth Rock with Poison Heal.
>Conkledurr gets all elemental punches
>Chlorophyll Venusaur with Giga Drain
>I know people are like "omg you can have spikes, sr, and leeche seed on ferrothorn now", but I honestly would only run one. You shouldn't really have Ferrothorn doing too much.
>Haxorus with Fire Punch and Superpower.
>Dragonite with Multiscale and Superpower
>Thick Fat Mamoswine is a little better now.

Hydreigon used to only have one or the other. Both were illegal. Also, I meant Shadow Ball not FB, should fix it.

Kyurem formes speculation

Note: All information I've posted has been confirmed by Smogon.

Our poster children for BW2 look pretty potent this time around. Kyurem's stepping out of the shadows and emerging as what looks like the most potent dragon yet. Use this thread to discuss them, their effect they'll have in tiers.

Kyurem-B (or Kyurem-Z)
Trait: Teravolt
Bases: 125 HP / 170 Atk / 100 Def / 120 SpA / 90 Def / 95 Spe
Moveset Additions: Fusion Bolt

Kyurem-W (or Kyurem-R)
Trait; Turboblaze
Bases: 125 HP / 120 Atk / 90 Def / 170 SpA / 100 Def / 95 Spe
Moveset Additions: Fusion Flare

Let's begin theorymoning.

RE: Kyurem formes speculation

Shouldn't Kyurem-W's defenses be switched (90 Def/100 SDef)?

These guys may be in OU for a few weeks at the most, as not even Scizor can take them on (Cannot switch-in). Their only weaknesses are SR and bulky Steels (in Kyurem-B's case). Kyurem-W is Uber material with that flawless coverage (Dragon-Fire-Fighting), and that doesn't include Ice STAB. Kyurem-B can kill bulky Waters for its teammates, so it may be a great wallbreaker (CB?). Overall, they seem to be replicating the Zekrom and Reshiram we already know of, just with much more offensive potential.

~AoH

Yeah, I messed by copying it over.

I think most of us will look at the base 170 with huge eyes and open mouths. But I doubt they'll even make top 10 once people discover more about them. Without Icicle Crash, Kyurem-Z is forced to use Outrage for STAB, which openly invited Steels (especially Ferro) into the battle. Speaking of Ferro, Kyurem-Z is forever walled by Ferrothorn unless it runs HP Fire. Kyurem-R is a bit more scary, as it has awesome performance in sun and can function as an anti-rain Pokemon on a sun team. It's offensive coverage is solid, but with a strength in sun comes a weakness in rain, specifically Keldeo. These two seem perfect users of choice items. Their attacks are a pain to absorb, so they will put pressure on your opponent. But 95 base speed will hold them back severally. Terrakion, Keldeo, Haxorus, Salamence, Hydreigon, Meinshao and Latios all outspeed and nuke it with their super effective attacks. That list can be expanded on through Choice Scarf. Mach Punch and Bullet Punch also do quite the number on these two.

Stealth Rock weakness is a second nail in their coffin. They're going to require Choice Scarf to outspeed much of OU, which makes switching in easy after they've locked themselves in. Rapid Spin support is a must for these dudes, or Stealth Rock will slowly chip them down. These two are designed for hit and run.

Awful defensive typing + so-close-but-so-far-away speed stat = pretty meh.

I'm ready for some worry seed trolling.

But seriously, Haxorus with Fire Punch is huge and potentially broken imo. 1 DD and you're pretty much done.

In VGC, I could imagine Skill Swap DW Alakazam with an Intimidater @ Life Orb.

EDIT: Skill Swap could actually been chain bred onto Alakazam. this isn't new. probably not used before, but not new.

Chillarmy said:
I'm ready for some worry seed trolling.

But seriously, Haxorus with Fire Punch is huge and potentially broken imo. 1 DD and you're pretty much done.

Not really. Fire Punch is still a 2HKO on Skarmory (even at +2 it can live if there is no SR damage) who was before trolled by Taunt versions and SD. If anything this just makes Balloon Heatran a better check. Rain also makes the move entirely useless which should see a spike in usage with Keldeo coming out. Its speed is also still an issue and its defenses are still meh.

If by your logic every dragon with a Fire-type move are broken, then so are Salamence and Dragonite. Heck, let's just forget Dragonite has Multiscale, Roost, and bulk while we're at it.

@Hydreigon guy: Hydreigon had no problems with its movepool before. Draco Meteor/Dark Pulse/Fire Blast/(Focus Blast/U-Turn) was all it needed.

I think of Kyurem-B as more of a mixed wallbreaker. Like you said, everybody looks at the 170 base attack and goes, "wow, that's going to wreck EVERYTHING." But 120 base satk is nothing to be scoffed at either. With a move set of Dragon Claw/Outrage, Fusion Bolt, Hidden Power Fire, and Ice Beam/Blizzard, nothing can switch in on that thing. I don't even think it would need Life Orb because it can 1-2HKO everything in OU with that set, so its free to run Scarf, leaving us with Scizor and the scarfed musketeers/faster dragons as checks only, and absolutely nothing as a counter. That's definitely Uber material imo.

B-Kyurem will probably be able to learn at least Ice Punch through the Move Tutor...

The funny thing is that Kyurem-Z barely does more damage than Haxorus:

252 Atk Choice Band Kyurem-Z Outrage vs 248 HP/0 Def Scizor: 57.43% - 67.64%
252 Atk Choice Band Haxorus Outrage vs 248 HP/0 Def Scizor: 51.6% - 60.64%

252 Atk Choice Band Kyurem-Z Outrage vs 252 HP/0 Def Tyranitar: 90.1% - 106.19% (37.5% chance to OHKO)
252 Atk Choice Band Haxorus Outrage vs 252 HP/0 Def Tyranitar: 80.94% - 95.3%

252 Atk Choice Band Kyurem-Z Outrage vs 252 HP/4 Def Ferrothorn: 44.32% - 51.99%
252 Atk Choice Band Haxorus Outrage vs 252 HP/4 Def Ferrothorn: 39.77% - 46.88%

That's a difference of about 10% at most. It's definitely a different story with Kyurem-R, and it seems more uber in my eyes.

I think Kyurem-R has much more offensive potential since it hasa much more powerful Fire move, probably getting it more use than the other. Looking at the speed, I'm sure there will be a good deal of Choice Scarf sets.
However, Kyurem-Z gets "Pseudo BoltBeam" coverage. Except the bolt is much stronger than the beam. I could see it used in Hail teams to stop other weather users with Blizzard, Fusion Bolt(Politoed), Stone Edge(Ninetales), and Focus Blast/Possibly Superpower(Tyranitar). it'd have to be a mixed set, of course. He has a lot of powerful moves, actually and 170/120 base offense is insane!

Therian Genies Discussion

Let's discuss these guys too.

Tornadus-T: 79 HP 100 Atk 80 Def 110 Sp.A 90 Sp.D 121 Spe
Trait: Regenerator

Thundurus-T: 79 HP 105 Atk 70 Def 145 SpA 80 SPD 101 Spe
Trait: Volt Absorb

Landorus-T: 89 HP 145 Atk 90 Def 105 SpA 80 SpD 91 Spe
Trait: Intimidate

I'll start by saying that Thunderus-T looks like the perfect counter to Volt Turn.

RE: Therian Genies Discussion

I'm really liking Thundurus-B. 145 SpA is amazing and can switch in on electric moves and heal Stealth Rock Damage. Thundurus-B will be a Monster. His 101 speed is pretty great.

EDIT: Scratch all of that bulk stuff, I thought Landorus' Atk was his HP. Sorry! XD.

Cooltrainer Alan said:
I'm really liking Thundurus-B. 145 SpA is amazing and can switch in on electric moves and heal Stealth Rock Damage. Thundurus-B will be a Monster. His 101 speed is pretty great.

EDIT: Scratch all of that bulk stuff, I thought Landorus' Atk was his HP. Sorry! XD.

Too bad that Thundurus will still be Uber :(

I dunno if Thundurus will be uber still. 101 base speed isn't that good and it doesn't have Prankster to get priority boosts or paralysis. It really depends on whether the mechanics of Thundurus and all these forms are like Shaymin's, or like Meloetta's. Tornadus is definetly my favourite of the three, being a potenital staple on Volturn teams with Regenerator.

ComfortEagle said:
Not really. Fire Punch is still a 2HKO on Skarmory (even at +2 it can live if there is no SR damage) who was before trolled by Taunt versions and SD. If anything this just makes Balloon Heatran a better check. Rain also makes the move entirely useless which should see a spike in usage with Keldeo coming out. Its speed is also still an issue and its defenses are still meh.

If by your logic every dragon with a Fire-type move are broken, then so are Salamence and Dragonite. Heck, let's just forget Dragonite has Multiscale, Roost, and bulk while we're at it.

@Hydreigon guy: Hydreigon had no problems with its movepool before. Draco Meteor/Dark Pulse/Fire Blast/(Focus Blast/U-Turn) was all it needed.

Mold Breaker lets Haxorus hit Heatran with Fire Punch, no? And Salamence and Dragonite don't have 147 base attack.

Back