Pokemon Black and White 2 Metagame Discussion

RE: Therian Genies Discussion

Chillarmy said:
I dunno if Thundurus will be uber still. 101 base speed isn't that good
Where has Pokemon come to when 101 base speed isn't good? *sigh* I miss the good old days...

Tornadus-T was supposed to focus on the defenses? Its offenses are higher than its defenses. -_-

RE: Kyurem formes speculation

...Roost.
They get ROOST. Just great.

Now, this may sound like an extremely stupid question, but are we positive that Black and White Kyurem can't be turned back into regular Kyurem, traded to the other game, turn into that version's Kyurem, and learn its moves from there? If that's the case, then Black Kyurem could run Fusion Flare or Flamethrower or Blue Flare or whatever White Kyurem learns as opposed to HP Fire (and the other way around).

Oh, you have a point there. Scizor trapper using a focus sash and Fusion Flare would be nice.

don()shinobi said:
Where has Pokemon come to when 101 base speed isn't good? *sigh* I miss the good old days...

Tornadus-T was supposed to focus on the defenses? Its offenses are higher than its defenses. -_-

Well, 101 speed is decent, but not great like the Lati twins. And yeah, not sure why people are saying Tornadus-T is defensive. It has okay bulk... I guess.

RE: The Pokémon BW2 Move Tutor Move Theorymon

This should be a useful resource for everyone. That's the complete list of what pokemon get what moves.

Things I'm noticing right away:
-No Roost on Landorus. But Hydreigon and Volcarona (BAN BAN BAN) with Roost.
-No Punches with Haxorus. But it gets Aqua Tail and Superpower.
-Chandelure gets trick. >.<
-TrollFreak strikes again with Magnet Rise on Tynamo's family (aka, Pokemon with Levitate)
-Conkeldurr's got punches
-LightningRod Zapdos with Heat Wave
-Golurk spinblocks and sets up Stealth Rock, while also having Fighting/Ghost coverage

Lol Haxorus only got Superpower. That's cool too.

Vocarona gets Roost like I thought.

Conkeldurr does get all of the elemental punches!

Speaking of Volcarona, Giga Drain seems awesome if you can fit it in somewhere.This turns Gastrodon into free health, while also screwing over Terrakion and Jellicent.

Oh, and Archeops gets Roost.

With the help of Bulk Up and Roost, Tornadus-T could make for a decent defensive Pokemon, if you manage to set up. Although I foresee it's use defensively to be hindered by terrible typing.

And if you'd care to see it, here is a battle involving all of the new formes from BW2. It doesn't show off each Pokemon spectacularly, but it can give you a general idea of what each one can do.

What I'm loving about Tornadus-T is that 121 speed, while it doesn't really outspeed much, outspeeds ScarfTar. That's big in my eyes.

Bippa said:
I'll start by saying that Thunderus-T looks like the perfect counter to Volt Turn.

Ehhhhh.... Not really. Scizor's U-turn does 126 - 149 which results to 42% at minimum to a 4/0 Thunderus-T. And Rotom-W with 0 spatk EVs does 108 - 128 (36% at min) damage to the same 4/0 Thunderus-T. Factoring in a possible Stealth Rocks and it really only has a single safe move to switch into from both of these Pokemon.

I was looking forward to Tornadus-T but... its base stats leave some to be desired.

How about...

Kyurem-B @ Leftovers/Draco Plate
Trait: Teravolt
Nature: Lonely
EVs: 56 HP, 252 Atk, 52 SpA, 148 Spe

- Substitute
- Outrage
- Earth Power / Hone Claws
- Hidden Power: Fire

- Set up a Substitute on the many Pokemon who cannot hurt you such as Jellicent, Chansey, and Rotom-W.
- Substitute included so Scizor and faster Pokemon don't immediately ruin your day.
- Hone Claws Outrage is always a 2HKO on Max HP Heatran and Jirachi when factoring in Draco Plate, need a bit of prior damage without it.
- Alternatively if you are content with an unboosted Atk you could always run Earth Power to complete your coverage against Steel types.
- Speed tailored to outrun +Speed Cloyster who could break Substitute with Rock Blast and cause major damage. Will also outrun neutral Dragonite.
- 405 HP for 101 Substitutes, max Atk of 482 (geez), 289 SpA, 263 Spe.
- Lonely nature because primarily you are setting up on things with your special bulk, and physical priority (Bullet Punch, Mach Punch) is cushioned with Substitute.

Alternatively, the fan favourite:

Kyurem-B @ Choice Band
Trait: Teravolt
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk

- Outrage
- Filler
- Filler
- Filler

Shadow Scyther said:
The new Tornadus has Volt Absorb Pride ;P

I believe you mean Thundurus, not Tornadus...

Really, I'm thinking Tornadus is the worst of these. 145 base attack, Intimidate, STAB Earthquake, and some nice other coverage moves is very good, even though Landorus's quad ice weakness may hold it back from Ubers. The new Thundurus is an absolute monster, with its 101 base speed it outspeeds most of the Pokemon in OU and with 145 base Special Attack AND Nasty Plot (people seem to forget about that) as well as an immunity to two commonly used types to get it easier switch-ins, as well as great STABs like Thunderbolt I can see the new Thundurus going Uber. Tornadus on the other hand has great speed, but its attacking stats are poorer than its previous forms, its defenses are lackluster as well and its typing is still not a very good defensive one (immunity to ground and resistance to fighting is great, but that's where it stops and you realize it has a weakness to Rock, Ice, and Electric, all some of the most common attacking types). Regenerator is awesome but I don't see it making as huge an impact as the other two will, and I don't think it even has a shot at Ubers.

Yeah I meant Thundurus. Even though 101 speed is good I don't think it is good enough for a NP set and I can see it holding a Scarf similar to Landorus. Tornadus will still be good at using Specs Hurricane thanks to its better speed and Regenerator even though it doesn't have 125 sp.atk. Landorus will have issues with its speed and I think it won't be used as much (even though I really like its design).

Well, turns out that Kyurem changes its moveset to reflect its forme's moveset when it changes forme. So no Fusion Flare for Kyurem-B.
sadmountain.jpg
Not like I think it really needs it, since it has the strongest unboosted Outrage in the game...

My "Yes!" list:

-SR on Landorus (VolTurn got a boost)
-Roost on Volc/Hydreigon/Archeops/Kyurem
-Sleep Talk on Conkeldurr
-Roost/SR on PH Gliscor
-SR on Terrakion (4MSS?)
-SR on Cobalion
-Aqua Tail on Haxorus
-SR on Ferrothorn
-Pain Split on Cofagrigus
-Superpower on Stoutland
-Fire Punch on Emboar (At last)
-Roost/Outrage on MoxieMence
-Roost/Tailwind on Volbeat
-Heat Wave on Lightningrod Zapdos
-Superpower on Multiscale Dragonite
-Giga Drain on Chlorophyll Venusaur
-Superpower on Landorus/Tornadus

More if I can find them. What would a Landorus set be with SR?

~AoH

Lol. So, Kyurem can't learn Ice Punch but Zekrom can learn Thunderpunch... Even Druddigon can learn two elemental punches. It's probably because they wanted all the forms to have the same moves (and normal Kyurem has stubby arms) but Shaymin could be tutored different moves depending on its forme...

SIGILYPH GETS SLEEP TALK!
RestTalk Sigilyph(Modified from the OU set on Smogon)
Sigilyph @ Flame Orb
Bold Nature
252 HP/200 Def/56 Spe
Rest
Sleep Talk
Psycho Shift
Roost/Cosmic Power/Psychic(Depends on what you find most useful.)

It's like old Cresselia but better.

You don't need Flame Orb. You'll be asleep, so it's extremely pointless. However, I do like the idea of Psycho Shifting Sleep. Just pointing out that Roost is also pointless when you have RestTalk.

Eevee gets Heal Bell and Sleep Talk, opening up Rest Talk sets and more of a cleric role for its evolutions, specifically vaporeon.

Breloom Gets Drain Punch which is nice. It would have been nicer if it got Technician boost still though.

Flygon gets Roost and Superpower, although I don't see his dominant choice scarf role changing any time soon.

Serperior finally got some decent coverage moves! Looking forward to him when he gets his DW ability.

What a shame, the Kinklang family doesn't get the coverage they needed :(

Back