PokeBeach's Official 5th Gen Ban List

RE: PokeBeach's Official Ban List

What everyone else has said. Also, if you're not an idiot, you're not going to leave your Latios in on Mamoswine, you'll switch it out. Basically, every time you send in a Pokemon other than Mamoswine or have Mamoswine use a move other than ice Shard, that gives Latios a KO. And you're saying it can be handled fine in OU. Gotcha.

Soul Dew will NEVER be allowed in OU.

End of discussion.

The Ability Magic Bounce has a glitch on this version which has already been reported by me and confirmed. If you move before a Pokemon with Magic Bounce and use a move that will be reflected, the Pokemon with Magic Bounce will be unable to attack. Until a new server and client is released which corrects this, using a move that is reflected by Magic Bounce when you are faster than them is banned.

The following are moves that are reflected by Magic Bounce:
All moves that induce status as their only effect (including Yawn), except Teeter Dance
All moves that do no damage but alter the target's stats (including Flatter and Swagger), except Defog and Memento
Attract
Block
Gastro Acid
Leech Seed
Mean Look
Spider Web
Worry Seed

Thanks for understanding.

It does, it's just PO is being a scumbag. Just another reason to use Showdown.

This is scheduled to be fixed in the next update.

When will the next update come out? P.S. PO > Showdown @ TDL d:

I don't know the exact date yet. I do know that several bugs are scheduled to be fixed.

This really should have been posted in the PO FAQ.

Removed Genesect and Meloetta because they are now available.

I think there should be nothing banned, just MY opinion. I think if the Pokémon Company makes it, it should be usable. :/

Go enjoy Ubers if you're into that kind of thing.

Mewtwomaster said:
I think there should be nothing banned, just MY opinion. I think if the Pokémon Company makes it, it should be usable. :/

TDL didn't elaborate very much so I will.

Most people don't enjoy the game this wa because if you could use anything you wanted, we would just see the same teams over and over again. Kyogre and Groudon would be on at least every other team, and Arceus would be on even more. The Standard Overused metagame was created for a more variable and deeper metagame, so we don't just face the same Pokémon over and over again.

Like TDL said though, the Ubers metagame was created for just that reason. The only thing banned from Ubers is the ability of Moody, which can only be found on three Pokémon anyways (Bidoof, Bibarel, and Smeargle.), and none of them are very good anyways, aside from the extremely lucky cases that instantly jump to +6 evasion. So if you're into that kind of thing, the Ubers metagame is definitely something you should look at.

One Approved said:
Mewtwomaster said:

TDL didn't elaborate very much so I will.

Most people don't enjoy the game this wa because if you could use anything you wanted, we would just see the same teams over and over again. Kyogre and Groudon would be on at least every other team, and Arceus would be on even more. The Standard Overused metagame was created for a more variable and deeper metagame, so we don't just face the same Pokémon over and over again.

Like TDL said though, the Ubers metagame was created for just that reason. The only thing banned from Ubers is the ability of Moody, which can only be found on three Pokémon anyways (Bidoof, Bibarel, and Smeargle.), and none of them are very good anyways, aside from the extremely lucky cases that instantly jump to +6 evasion. So if you're into that kind of thing, the Ubers metagame is definitely something you should look at.
Kyogre and groudon on every other team? I think not...
Arceus? Hes only in one of my sandstorm teams, thats one team out of 112... That doesn't add up to 50%+ to me :/. If you're saying it won't vary, i don't get why you're saying that, if you could use any pokémon, then there would be 649 things to vary from. :/ .

Arceus is only in one of YOUR sandstorm teams. That doesn't account for everybody else. Arceus is such a ridiculously powerful Pokémon, and it can be any type you want it to be, thus fitting onto any team. Arceus would be on almost every team that wanted a chance to be good.

There would be 649 Pokémon to choose from, but only a handful of then would be good. Nobody would use Bulbasaur in a tier where they could use Arceus-Grass and be way more successful. Nobody would use Ducklett when they could use Kyogre. Many of the "good" Pokémon are just outclassed when you let us use the Ubers Pokémon. Even OU giants like Haxorus are just inferior to something like Rayquaza.

One Approved said:
Arceus is only in one of YOUR sandstorm teams. That doesn't account for everybody else. Arceus is such a ridiculously powerful Pokémon, and it can be any type you want it to be, thus fitting onto any team. Arceus would be on almost every team that wanted a chance to be good.

There would be 649 Pokémon to choose from, but only a handful of then would be good. Nobody would use Bulbasaur in a tier where they could use Arceus-Grass and be way more successful. Nobody would use Ducklett when they could use Kyogre. Many of the "good" Pokémon are just outclassed when you let us use the Ubers Pokémon. Even OU giants like Haxorus are just inferior to something like Rayquaza.
Well there are SOME that are useless... but btw Venusuar... not Bulbasuar... is useful, very useful...

Still, banned lists take out lots of possibilities.
Its almost like saying
"Hi, welcome to PokéBeach, where we happily make sure that we stop you from using at least one Pokémon of your best team!:D"

Mewtwomaster said:
One Approved said:

Well there are SOME that are useless... but btw Venusuar... not Bulbasuar... is useful, very useful...

Its almost like saying
"Hi, welcome to PokéBeach, where we happily make sure that we stop you from using at least one Pokémon of your best team!:D"

Venusaur would be relatively useless too. Why should I use Venusaur when I could instead use Shaymin Sky Forme or Grass Arceus? Both of these Pokémon are significantly more powerful, significantly more versatile, just more useful overall. You would never see Pokémon like Venusaur, Lilligant, Shaymin Land-Forme, or even Virizion used because Shaymin Sky Forme and Arceus-Grass outclass every single grass Pokémon in the game.

and it's not just PokeBeach that does this. It's any site that does competitive battling at all. Smogon, Pokémon Online, Marriland, and Serebii all follow their own specific ban lists. Even the Video Game Championships has a list of banned Pokémon.

And once again, if you don't like the ban lists, just play that Ubers tier and you won't have to deal with it.

One Approved said:
Mewtwomaster said:

Its almost like saying

Venusaur would be relatively useless too. Why should I use Venusaur when I could instead use Shaymin Sky Forme or Grass Arceus? Both of these Pokémon are significantly more powerful, significantly more versatile, just more useful overall. You would never see Pokémon like Venusaur, Lilligant, Shaymin Land-Forme, or even Virizion used because Shaymin Sky Forme and Arceus-Grass outclass every single grass Pokémon in the game.

and it's not just PokeBeach that does this. It's any site that does competitive battling at all. Smogon, Pokémon Online, Marriland, and Serebii all follow their own specific ban lists. Even the Video Game Championships has a list of banned Pokémon.

And once again, if you don't like the ban lists, just play that Ubers tier and you won't have to deal with it.

Venasuar DOES have uses even with shaymin sky form... but whtever.
HOW do you play Ubers?

It really doesn't. Shaymin has higher special attack, more powerful attacks. Grass Arceus has higher stats in every single category, offensive and defensive alike. The only thing Venusaur has that the others don't is access to the ability of Chlorophyl. This would seem like a great idea as Groudon is ubers, but since Pokémon like Kyogre, Tyranitar, Abomasnow, and Rayquaza run around everywhere, it's extremely unreliable.

Playing ubers is quite simple. You pick 6 Pokémon you want to use, and you put them on your team. As long as none of them have the ability of Moody, it is a legal team. Then you ask somebody "would you like to play an Ubers match?" if they say yes, you play. :)

One Approved said:
It really doesn't. Shaymin has higher special attack, more powerful attacks. Grass Arceus has higher stats in every single category, offensive and defensive alike. The only thing Venusaur has that the others don't is access to the ability of Chlorophyl. This would seem like a great idea as Groudon is ubers, but since Pokémon like Kyogre, Tyranitar, Abomasnow, and Rayquaza run around everywhere, it's extremely unreliable.

Playing ubers is quite simple. You pick 6 Pokémon you want to use, and you put them on your team. As long as none of them have the ability of Moody, it is a legal team. Then you ask somebody "would you like to play an Ubers match?" if they say yes, you play. :)

So ya just say ubers to be able to use banned pokemon, no tricks?

Back