XY Pokémon X / Y: Tips & Tricks!

You can make them with berry mutation by planting two types of berries next to each other in the fields.

P.DelSlayer said:
How does one obtain the EV reducing berries? I need a defense-lowerer since my Blaziken has unwanted defense EVs which I would much rather be in something else.

Artemis said:
You can make them with berry mutation by planting two types of berries next to each other in the fields.

I'm growing tons of Kelpsy berries for this reason [Delphox with more attack evs than sp attack.... what.]
Celery has a longer list, but here's one i can actually link to; http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-berry-crossing-a-new-way-to-create-berries

Whitefire said:
P.DelSlayer said:
I'm growing tons of Kelpsy berries for this reason [Delphox with more attack evs than sp attack.... what.]
Celery has a longer list, but here's one i can actually link to; http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-berry-crossing-a-new-way-to-create-berries

why not just use the clear bag? It resets your evs to a blank slate so that u can fix them and make them good much faster and easier than tedious berry growing.

I just EV trained my Adamant-Iron Fist Pangoro. 252 Atk, 252 Hp, 6 SpD. He is only level 35 right now and so far he's tanked through two elite four members. Seriously a good add to ANY team.

I also have a bunch of Adamant Iron Fist Panchams if you don't want to search for one yourself. PM me for a trade.

Jackie said:
Whitefire said:
P.DelSlayer said:

why not just use the clear bag? It resets your evs to a blank slate so that u can fix them and make them good much faster and easier than tedious berry growing.

Because I don't want to wipe everything >:| /duh/ i know how to use reset bags [i keep some around just in case]. Sorry if i read irritated, just people keep saying 'oh completely erase all of your EVs even though you only want to clear out one to boost others RESET BAG WOO'. I like berries, thats why i use them. Growing them is fine and actually fun. Hitting my screen forever isn't.

Iron fist has it's boost, but its broken once a ghost type appears, would scrappy work decently too...?

oh okay well to each their own. Usually when i need to modify, all of the EVs are thoroughly bad, so a full reset is the way to go =P I got tired of growing tons and tons of berries in old gens to completely erase every EV, so the new clear bad feature is cake to me.

Egg Hatching Tips

I decided to create this thread when it became inevitable that it was going to be difficult for me to get the shiny Pokémon I needed with the correct nature and ability and the realization that I was going to need to hatch a lot of eggs to get my shiny Froakie, Ralts, Flabebe, Houndour, Feebas and Totodile (when the transfer app comes out for the last two)

I'm amazed to see how people can hatch 1000+ eggs for their shiny Pokémon.

I'm even more blown away when they say they've hatched over 10,000 eggs for multiple shinies. Well seeing as I'm terrible with Pokeradar and the lack of decent grass patches, along with getting the wrong shiny at the Friend Safari this thread is to ask how you folks accumulate so many gosh darn eggs and not drive yourself to insanity.

I have over 450+ eggs of Flabebes right now. The first shiny came within 36 eggs. Then when I swapped parents around to get a blue flower shiny it has taken 10x the effort.

I grab 5 eggs, deposit them, and fill up at least 3 boxes.

Once I get tired of this, I take a break and then when I'm watching TV or something, I'll hatch the eggs with Flame Body, Hatching Power Lv 3 and circle around Lumiose City (I don't use a coin the Dpad is enough and they all hatch within 3 minutes).

The problem I see with this is... the shiny could be within the 1st 10 eggs of the boxes of 90 I make. Meaning I could get my shiny quickly but get stuck with 80 useless that need to be hatch...

I have seen people stay with the Route 7 way to hatch eggs but I feel like you need to pay more attention with that as you need to make sure you're not bumping into walls or dead ends and wasting steps and time. Although you can make sure your party is always full with 5 eggs and deposit the hatched one and get a new one when you can. This method sounds like it would take longer but on the plus side you would know when to stop once you got the shiny to hatch. But how you put up with doing this constantly? Before even back then when there was no O-power to boost hatching speed? How did you take your mind off hatching without say watching TV or something?

My final question is... I don't suppose there is a way to mass release Pokemon? Cause it's gonna be awhile to release all those boxes...

RE: Egg Hatching Tips

On route 7, if that's the day care route, I use the roller blades and am usually watching tv or online doing something. I also have my Talonflame with me. It usually takes about 4-5 times fully back and forth for the eggs to hatch, for me anyway. And, my eggs usually come quickly from the daycare. I just go across the bridge and come back, and he has one for me. So, I get two hatched at about the same time. Also, if you have hatch o power, then that should help.

RE: Egg Hatching Tips

MrSquarepants said:
I decided to create this thread when it became inevitable that it was going to be difficult for me to get the shiny Pokémon I needed with the correct nature and ability and the realization that I was going to need to hatch a lot of eggs to get my shiny Froakie, Ralts, Flabebe, Houndour, Feebas and Totodile (when the transfer app comes out for the last two)

I'm amazed to see how people can hatch 1000+ eggs for their shiny Pokémon.

I'm even more blown away when they say they've hatched over 10,000 eggs for multiple shinies. Well seeing as I'm terrible with Pokeradar and the lack of decent grass patches, along with getting the wrong shiny at the Friend Safari this thread is to ask how you folks accumulate so many gosh darn eggs and not drive yourself to insanity.

I have over 450+ eggs of Flabebes right now. The first shiny came within 36 eggs. Then when I swapped parents around to get a blue flower shiny it has taken 10x the effort.

I grab 5 eggs, deposit them, and fill up at least 3 boxes.

Once I get tired of this, I take a break and then when I'm watching TV or something, I'll hatch the eggs with Flame Body, Hatching Power Lv 3 and circle around Lumiose City (I don't use a coin the Dpad is enough and they all hatch within 3 minutes).

The problem I see with this is... the shiny could be within the 1st 10 eggs of the boxes of 90 I make. Meaning I could get my shiny quickly but get stuck with 80 useless that need to be hatch...

I have seen people stay with the Route 7 way to hatch eggs but I feel like you need to pay more attention with that as you need to make sure you're not bumping into walls or dead ends and wasting steps and time. Although you can make sure your party is always full with 5 eggs and deposit the hatched one and get a new one when you can. This method sounds like it would take longer but on the plus side you would know when to stop once you got the shiny to hatch. But how you put up with doing this constantly? Before even back then when there was no O-power to boost hatching speed? How did you take your mind off hatching without say watching TV or something?

My final question is... I don't suppose there is a way to mass release Pokemon? Cause it's gonna be awhile to release all those boxes...

My method is this-
Collect Eggs, usually between 3-9 boxes full. This might take me a few days due to having to work full time, but I find it easiest. I have tried hatching 3 boxes or less at a time, but never got a shiny out of it. Only with 7-9 boxes have I hit a shiny- so when I start up hatching again, ill go with 9.
Fly to the central Pokemon center in Luminoise. Grab 5 eggs at a time with a FB/MA Poke and hold down left or right, periodically checking for an "OH!" while riding the bike around the circle. Oh and spam Hatching Power periodically too, if you have it.
Be sure to have Netflix or something similar handy, as otherwise its probably the most boring s*** ever.

Edit: Also, be sure to use 2 parents of different lingual origin, but of the same species. You have an 80% egg drop rate every 256 steps that way. Not sure how Oval Charm affects it, but thats the fastest way to produce eggs.

WE CLONED!

Me and chaosomega of the forums have actually managed to clone a pokemon on XY!

(We did it by accident)

If one of the players turns the power off just before they receive the pokemon they were traded... Wa-la! 2 of the pokemon. One in each player's game, however the other pokemon is lost in the void. :p

So, Discuss!

RE: WE CLONED!

Pics or it didn't happen
Repeat it or it didn't happen

I am witness. Reshi lost connection when trading and cloned a Garchomp @LVL100.

(also, they'll show ya. Geet on chaterbox.

I'll try, but me and chaos could both battle you and prove that we cloned a lv100 careful garchomp holding a dragon fang.

EDIT: Cloned a deino

I find it literally funny that you cloned it on accident. It reminds me of the cloning glitches in gen 2 and 3.

Shiny tip!
Use instacheck hotspot to help hatch shiny pokemon!
Link: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/instacheck-hotspot-a-fast-pok%C3%A9mon-checker-for-xy.3492531/

Installation help and download link are there

So, looks like there is a shiny parameter to cloning.
Me and chaosomega cloned a non-shiny Garchomp and Deino successfully, but after attempting to clone a shiny aipom ~5 times, nothing worked.

So, were we just an epic fail, or have gamefreak put this in on purpose? :eek:

Reshiwott said:
Me and chaosomega of the forums have actually managed to clone a pokemon on XY!

(We did it by accident)

If one of the players turns the power off just before they receive the pokemon they were traded... Wa-la! 2 of the pokemon. One in each player's game, however the other pokemon is lost in the void. :p

So, Discuss!
I remember seeing something like this on one of the forum's trade threads awhile back. But, which Pokemon was lost? The one who turned off the power or the one who did not? And, was the clone a good Pokemon?

Spartansn1p3r said:
Shiny tip!
Link: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/instacheck-hotspot-a-fast-pok%C3%A9mon-checker-for-xy.3492531/

I wouldn't suggest using it. I did some poking around and all the things I read on the application it uses to work properly said it's either possible to contain a virus, has known to have viruses in the past, or questionable. I asked my fiancé to be (he's an IT guy) and he advised me not to use it since it doesn't look worth the risk.

Axell Starr said:
Spartansn1p3r said:
Shiny tip!

I wouldn't suggest using it. I did some poking around and all the things I read on the application it uses to work properly said it's either possible to contain a virus, has known to have viruses in the past, or questionable. I asked my fiancé to be (he's an IT guy) and he advised me not to use it since it doesn't look worth the risk.

Ive downloaded the program on two laptops (my own and another since mine was missing Firewall data and cant produce a hotspot) and on mine I have ran malware removers and virus checks and nothing has been found(in my attempt to get my Firewall working again). Also, the website of Pokemon players that uses the program vigorously now doesnt seem to have anything that I can tell that points to anything malicious.

On another note though, the Instachecker pretty much works amazingly with my method of collecting eggs and boxing them to hatch later. Yeah, you get stuck with a ton of eggs to hatch that you dont need once you pick out the good ones with the checker, but especially if you have a few friends to trade with that wont scam you, you could potentially get quite a few shinies (and ones that are flawless when otherwise they wouldnt be) out of the endeavor.

Also, a tip for collecting eggs-
Ride between the point where you can just see the breeder (that gives you the eggs) and the female artist to the left. That seems to be the minimum distance off screen that is required to get him to turn around. If you have Oval Charm (a huuuuuge endeavor but worth it) and two MM parents of the same species, you can collect 5 eggs in 2-3 minutes. Potentially, you can collect a whole box worth in less than 20, and in just an hour, have 3 or so boxes full of eggs to check with the checker. Also, riding between the shortest possible points to reveal the egg allows the RNG the least amount of time to advance, meaning you can hit spreads(eggs) that are closer together when generating, and not allowing it as much room to possibly skip over a chance for a shiny.

Another great thing about checker is, if an egg is something like 31/31/31/31/29/31, you will KNOW. This is amazing since you can use that parent over something else, where if you rely on the IV guy, he will tell you two Pokemon with those flawless stats are the same, but one has a 3 while the other has 29 in the non-flawless stat.

Edit: One more thing. lol
Label the boxes you put your Eggs into, and make sure you have at least 5 dedicated to them. When storing the eggs for later hatching, sort them into the boxes by order you picked them up. Ex: Box one, is the first egg, two the second etc etc... I do this because each egg received in the order it was has had roughly the same time added to its hatch counter. Once you start to hatch, you can pull eggs out of box 4 or 5 (all should have had practically no steps added to hatch counter) and spam hatch powers, and then alternate with boxes 1 and 2 (since they will hatch in about the same amount of time as boxes 4-5 WITH Hatch Power)every other set of 5 you decide to hatch- this way you can give your O Power time to recharge AND when you hatch eggs that were picked up in the same order they hatch almost all at once within 1-25 steps of each other. Hope that was well explained enough!

I know my methods are a bit methodical- o_0 - but I think having a decent method to hatching for shinies or ANYTHING makes things MUCH easier than just relying on dumb luck randomly.

Back