XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Pokémon X / Y General Discussion - Don't Post Topics That Have Their Own Thread!

Frankly, it's (competitively) easier to deal with Sableye/Spiritomb with 2 neutral moves than waste a move slot just to have Odor Sleuth/Foresight for Sableye. By then you're usually dealing equal or greater damage over those 2 turns than you are with the one fighting type hit in the alternative.

RE: Pokémon X / Y General Discussion - Don't Post Topics That Have Their Own Thread!

iSharingan said:
Frankly, it's (competitively) easier to deal with Sableye/Spiritomb with 2 neutral moves than waste a move slot just to have Odor Sleuth/Foresight for Sableye. By then you're usually dealing equal or greater damage over those 2 turns than you are with the one fighting type hit in the alternative.

Unless they used the Wonder Guard -> Skill Swap gambit. Before Gen 6, it was a risky and costly, but effective way to stall in Multi Battles.

I have a big question!

Im currently breeding a male bunnelby (3 Max IV's) with a female bunnelby (4 Max IV's) some perfect IV's overlap, like for example

Attack (Male) Attack (Female)
Defense (Male) Defense (Female)

Will this guarantee me a 5 IV Bunnelby if I keep breeding?

First time breeding for IV's, Im very sorry for the lame question :p

i noticed with a 3IV pokemon with destiny knot there was always 1 perfect IV, while if i had DK on a mon with only 2IV, sometimes there would be no perfects, slightly more often a 1IV, and occasionally a 2IV. I just managed a 4IV eevee which i plan to breed, so if my guess is correct it will always have at /least/ 2IV offspring.

So i guess its guaranteed a minimum of -2 the count of the DK parent's IVs [2 = 0, 3 = 1, etc]. I havent tried using two with DK because the other always has an everstone :U so my estimate might only make sense for 1DK.

If this is way off for some weird reason, this is my first gen IV breeding, kinda. Halfhearted stuff in W2.

Anyone else annoyed by how you get most evolution stones? It doesn't help that you're given the stones you can actually buy fairly easily, but others you can't buy require you to do the same SST missions over and over again.

[split] Unsolved Mysteries & Secrets

I discovered this cool little bug:
When you go to the Game Sync screen, then close your 3DS lid, you'll still be online! It stops you from having to click the online button every time you want to pause then unpause the game. You even stay online when you open the lid back up.

RE: [split] Unsolved Mysteries & Secrets

Blob55 said:
I discovered this cool little bug:
When you go to the Game Sync screen, then close your 3DS lid, you'll still be online! It stops you from having to click the online button every time you want to pause then unpause the game. You even stay online when you open the lid back up.
This also works anywhere between the screen for Wonder trades just before you select the pokemon to trade and when a trade partner is found.

Blob55 said:
Anyone else annoyed by how you get most evolution stones? It doesn't help that you're given the stones you can actually buy fairly easily, but others you can't buy require you to do the same SST missions over and over again.

I'm not annoyed at all. At least you can get unlimited of them. The supertraining isn't that hard for me.

King Arceus said:
Blob55 said:

I'm not annoyed at all. At least you can get unlimited of them. The supertraining isn't that hard for me.

It's not hard, it just takes me at least 10 goes before getting the item I want on each challenge.

Anyone know if you can buy the Evo Trade items anywhere?

^You can use BP at the Battle Maison to get trade evo items.

It's aggravating how they only give you like one of the stones (Shiny, Dusk, Dawn, Moon, Sun) when there are multiple pokemon that evolve from each. It's just lucky that Tynamo isn't available, because you only get two Thunder Stones.

Blob55 said:
King Arceus said:

It's not hard, it just takes me at least 10 goes before getting the item I want on each challenge.

Anyone know if you can buy the Evo Trade items anywhere?

Jut an opinion, but I rather keep doing the super training missions until I get the right item just because I'm a bit of a penny pincher in games. Basically only buying when it's needed and spending only what I have to spend.

Whitefire said:
i noticed with a 3IV pokemon with destiny knot there was always 1 perfect IV, while if i had DK on a mon with only 2IV, sometimes there would be no perfects, slightly more often a 1IV, and occasionally a 2IV. I just managed a 4IV eevee which i plan to breed, so if my guess is correct it will always have at /least/ 2IV offspring.

So i guess its guaranteed a minimum of -2 the count of the DK parent's IVs [2 = 0, 3 = 1, etc]. I havent tried using two with DK because the other always has an everstone :U so my estimate might only make sense for 1DK.

If this is way off for some weird reason, this is my first gen IV breeding, kinda. Halfhearted stuff in W2.

So i tried a pair with both holding Destiny Knot, and both had 31 in Def only. Majority had 31Def, one had 31 in Atk but not Def. Paired also with DK with the other having the Def IV, some had both, most had Atk. The male had the Atk in the pair, and the Def was the female.

Got a male with a nature i wanted, so i gave it everstone. It also has 31Atk. Breeding with a female with both Atk and Def. Game started blinking red so i havent hatched any from this yet.

Destiny Knot passes on 5 stats, with the last stat being random. The 5 selected stats are then selected from EITHER parent (not just the pokmon holding the knot). If you breed 2 tri flawless pokemon with one or no matching flawless stats, there is a chance you could miss every one of the perfect stats on a baby, so there's no guarantee on flawless IVs when Destiny Knot breeding. The highest IV combo with the potential for a 0 flawless IV baby is breeding a quad flawless parent and a tri flawless one with only one matching IV).

Similarly, when breeding with 2 pent flawless pokemon each missing a different stat, the worst-case scenario child will have only 3 flawless stats (The one stat each parent is missing, plus one other stat that was not selected in the 5 to be passed on). Best case, of course, is where all 5 stats passed on were flawless and the random stat happens to be 31 as well, but the odds of that rise as the parents become less ideal.

Theoretically, the best chances of getting a completely perfect pokemon with the nature you want is 1 in 32 if you are breeding 2 completely flawless pokemon, one holding a Destiny Knot and the other holding a Everstone.

I don't believe this requires further discussion here as each instance is different based on the parents, probability, the desired set, and sheer luck.

iSharingan said:
Destiny Knot passes on 5 stats, with the last stat being random. The 5 selected stats are then selected from EITHER parent (not just the pokmon holding the knot). If you breed 2 tri flawless pokemon with one or no matching flawless stats, there is a chance you could miss every one of the perfect stats on a baby, so there's no guarantee on flawless IVs when Destiny Knot breeding. The highest IV combo with the potential for a 0 flawless IV baby is breeding a quad flawless parent and a tri flawless one with only one matching IV).

Similarly, when breeding with 2 pent flawless pokemon each missing a different stat, the worst-case scenario child will have only 3 flawless stats (The one stat each parent is missing, plus one other stat that was not selected in the 5 to be passed on). Best case, of course, is where all 5 stats passed on were flawless and the random stat happens to be 31 as well, but the odds of that rise as the parents become less ideal.

Theoretically, the best chances of getting a completely perfect pokemon with the nature you want is 1 in 32 if you are breeding 2 completely flawless pokemon, one holding a Destiny Knot and the other holding a Everstone.

I don't believe this requires further discussion here as each instance is different based on the parents, probability, the desired set, and sheer luck.

Oh, well, ok then.
I thought DK only chose 5 from the pokemon holding it. So it doesnt matter if one or both are holding it?

Whitefire said:
Oh, well, ok then.
I thought DK only chose 5 from the pokemon holding it. So it doesnt matter if one or both are holding it?
Nope, it doesn't matter which parent is holding it in the slightest. You can breed a pent flawless holding an everstone with a crap pokemon with no flawless IVs holding a Destiny Bond and still have a chance of getting a baby with some flawless (though more than 2 isn't all that likely).

If you don't care about getting random natures, you can ideally breed to completely flawless pokemon, one holding a Destiny Knot and one holding a Power item (the ones that give extra EVs in battle) to potentially pass on 5 flawless stats with the Knot and the last with the Power item (1 in 6 chance of working, assuming both parents are flawless. This would yield no random stats). The 1 in 6 chance of completely flawless is nice, but is usually not needed. Also you need to consider that there is only a 1 in 25 chance of getting the nature you want too, so the real chances of a truly 'perfect' pokemon using that method is 1 in 6*25 or 1 in 150 (Much lower than an everstone and Destiny knot leaving the 6th stat to chance)

^ I'm pretty sure that the power item just gurentees that tht stat will be one of the five passed on with Destiny Knot.

iSharingan said:
Whitefire said:
Oh, well, ok then.
Nope, it doesn't matter which parent is holding it in the slightest. You can breed a pent flawless holding an everstone with a crap pokemon with no flawless IVs holding a Destiny Bond and still have a chance of getting a baby with some flawless (though more than 2 isn't all that likely).

If you don't care about getting random natures, you can ideally breed to completely flawless pokemon, one holding a Destiny Knot and one holding a Power item (the ones that give extra EVs in battle) to potentially pass on 5 flawless stats with the Knot and the last with the Power item (1 in 6 chance of working, assuming both parents are flawless. This would yield no random stats). The 1 in 6 chance of completely flawless is nice, but is usually not needed. Also you need to consider that there is only a 1 in 25 chance of getting the nature you want too, so the real chances of a truly 'perfect' pokemon using that method is 1 in 6*25 or 1 in 150 (Much lower than an everstone and Destiny knot leaving the 6th stat to chance)

Awesome, I like controlling natures [took way too long getting a good shuppet, too many hasty and timid]. Pent?
So, if i have a 4IV eevee and i pair it with a 0IV, the chances of getting another good IV eevee would be less than say the 4IV paired with a 3IV? Makes sense, though slightly annoying. I guess im glad i have a bunch of good eevees of both gender >_>

remember: if one of the pokemon you breed is better than an existing parent, you can always switch it in. I have a pent flawless (5 perfect IVs) ditto I breed almost everything with (starting with just the missing stat as flawless on the counterpart and switching in the babies who received better stats) until I get a male and female pair with 4-5 perfect IVs, then I breed those together until I get the pokemon I wanted. All you technically need are two parents with stats you want to pass on, then you can breed untill all (or most) of the stats are on a baby, then change parents to get any missing stats. Nothing says you're stuck with the first pair of pokemon you start breeding with.

To the Mods: I think this line of conversation is worthy of being split off as another thread for informative purposes. Just an opinion though :p

[split] Pokémon X / Y: Tips & Tricks!

Ehhhhh... it's funny... when I asked for a hatching method... I decided to stick to the "Fill up boxes and hatch 5 eggs" plan. However I ran out and was watching the Walking Dead and then decided to just hatch em as I went. 2nd egg in party was shiny. o_o; FINALLY! 528th egg! Phew, I was thinking about filling boxes 24-31 too... It has 4 perfect IVs in the spots I needed! Defense, Sp Atk, Sp Def and Speed!

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2809/10933568896_4ec2caacf2_h.jpg

Wonder if I should hatch eggs from that route from now on... seems to be lucky for me.

Also anyone else think that the 3 Star Restaurant is the best place to grind for 60+? The Sushi High Roller doesn't seem to make a big pay off to make up for the fact that you pay 450k or 500k... in fact I'm pretty sure you lose money even if you get 25 Big Nuggets. So what good is Sushi High Roller?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back