XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

Wailady said:
I don't have Misty Terrain yet (who learns it?), but I really, really like Grassy Terrain and was just about to post about it. My Venusaur/Mega Venusaur [leftovers] with Leech Seed, Synthesis, Protect with Grassy Terrain on the field has proved impossible for anything to beat in-game so far.

My Sylveon actually just learned it a minute ago at level 29 lol

Zygarde speculated BST and further speculations

Hello everyone!

Now, I know the strategy guide is coming out in a few days and will likely render this point moot but I wanted to throw some math in here!

I recently caught my Zygarde and did math to calculate is BST which has been floating around with speculation and rumors so here are the following facts:

-He has 0 EVs
-I had his IVs inspected and he has "outstanding potential overall" meaning 151 - 186 in base IVs
-His Attack, Defense and Special Attack were all "simply can't be beat" which is new terminology but I assume mean perfect 31s.
-Impish nature

I did these (mostly my friend did, he's better with spreadsheets) calculations putting 20 IVs in his other stats for a total of 153 base IVs (on the low end).

HP: 107.857
Attack: 99.5
Defense: 120.538
Special Attack: 80.928
Special Defense: 98.571
Speed: 87.5

Total: 594.894

While I doubt and know that this is exact, I do think it's close and that his BST is likely 600.

What does that mean for the "third legendary"? Is he even a legendary now?

I'm going to speculate based off the inherit norse mythology lore with the legendaries and their tendency to produce a third game (Z?) - that he will play a much bigger role, including his ability which cancels and reverses Xerneas and Yveltal's respectively.

Maybe he changes forms or does something to bring his stats up to the legendary status in Z where he takes on the other two mascots? All speculation at this point with some math dashed in!

EDIT: Spreadsheet and math thanks to C.Spade - number input and information for captured Zygarde provided by me.

RE: Zygarde speculated BST and further speculations

I have to say, that's a rather lackluster spread for a 3rd-game legendary.

Well like I said, I doubt they will leave him at 600 come time for (Z) or whatever the second game is. He may change forms or do something with a held item perhaps that changes his stats. Similar to Kyurem getting a stat boost with B/W2.

This is all theory and speculation.

RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

I've read that the Kanto Starter Mega Stones you didn't get from Professor Sycamore can be bought at a store in Lumiose city... is this true? I really want to get Mega Charizard X, but my Pokemon X team would work so much better with Bulbasaur in it (and I do want Mega Venusaur too, but I could get that in Y).

Yes, they can be bought in the Stone Shop.

A few data collectors have figured its base stats are 110 HP / 105 Atk / 130 Def / 100 SAtk / 100 SDef / 105 Spe with very little room for divergence. That's 660 BST, which is just 20 lower than Yveltal and Xerneas. It's about like Kyurem, where it had less impressive stats compared to its counterparts as well as a lower BST. As for speculation, I don't know. There's no story behind it to speculate off of other than the fact it likes to cosplay Captain America in its cave.

unsheathed said:
A few data collectors have figured its base stats are 110 HP / 105 Atk / 130 Def / 100 SAtk / 100 SDef / 105 Spe with very little room for divergence. That's 660 BST, which is just 20 lower than Yveltal and Xerneas. It's about like Kyurem, where it had less impressive stats compared to its counterparts as well as a lower BST. As for speculation, I don't know. There's no story behind it to speculate off of other than the fact it likes to cosplay Captain America in its cave.

Any source on this? I just caught mine with the purpose of this math research and he doesn't seem anywhere near those numbers. Mine were rough numbers but I'd be curious to compare.

Well, it has indeed lower base stats than the other two. I don't want to believe it only has 600 BST, that is ridiculous for a 3rd legendary. But weather it has 600 BST or even 660 BST, it's pretty clear, it is another Kyurem-like case where the 3rd legend is at first, weaker than the other two, but will get stronger in the 3rd game, either with a new forme(s) or some other method (maybe a Mega evo).
Its X dex entry says:
"When the Kalos region's ecosystem falls into disarray, it appears and reveals its secret power."

I believe this entry is foreshadowing what will happen in the third game... Something like Emerald, where Xernas and Yveltal are destroying Kalos, and Zygarde, who is the balancer of the group, shows up and like the entry says, shows its secret power, meaning, it is probably stronger than this...

P.DelSlayer said:
Neo-desiny said:
thank you so much; i just got my 2nd badge so i'll just have to just play through; my current team is greninja lv37, charizard lv36, diggersby lv 33, kadabra lv32, floette lv32 and tyrunt lv 29.

oops, quick correction - it's before the 3rd Gym

Your team also looks to be very high levelled for the point you're at in the game - my Greninja was lv.37 probably around the 5th Gym.
Ah well, each to their own!
My team was all on level 35+ before I beat Grant. 20+ before I even got to Viola. But i grinded.

So, concerning having only 69 new Pokemon... I've been thinking, since the data in the games can't be hacked, how do we know that there aren't any other Pokemon? Think about it. GameFreak could have a bunch of unobtainable Pokemon hidden in the data. Then when theoretical Z comes out, the new ones will be available in it, and can be traded over to X and Y. Also notice how southern Kalos has nearly no development whatsoever. New locations in Z? Maybe. Lately GameFreak seems to be trying to give us a reason to get every game in each generation. Instead of an enhanced version like Platinum is to Diamond and Pearl, we got sequels in 5th gen. Adding new Pokemon and new locations in Z would give a good reason to buy it. Thoughts?

I'm sure that there are at least a few Pokémon hidden in the coding! However, I don't think it's the substantial amount that some people are talking about. I'd say 3, maybe 4, event legendaries tops.

That's not to say I don't think it's impossible to expect another batch of, say, 20-50 Pokémon in the "third game." As Gamefreak proved with BW2, we can't use past games as examples.

Plus, didn't the backpacker who gives you the Strange Souvenir specifically mention it comes from a region that is (and I quote) "not Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, or even Unova." Could be foreshadowing to maybe sequel games with a region that connects to Kalos? Grasping at straws, yeah, but I have no doubts that there are more Gen VI Pokémon to come...

AdamLambert said:
So, concerning having only 69 new Pokemon...

Plus the 28 Mega Evolutions, which leaves us with 97 Pokémon, just 3 less than generation 2. There's nothing to concern about.

I remember a guy said that Unova and Kalos are connected. Does that mean the 3rd version/squeal will be like GSCHGSS? Or will Unova be DLC/UC?

Pokequaza said:
AdamLambert said:

Plus the 28 Mega Evolutions, which leaves us with 97 Pokémon, just 3 less than generation 2. There's nothing to concern about.

True. I suppose as long as there are three more new Pokemon/Mega evolutions, it will put my OCD at ease. My mind can't comprehend a generation with under 100. If we reach 100, I'll be happy

AdamLambert said:
Pokequaza said:

True. I suppose as long as there are three more new Pokemon/Mega evolutions, it will put my OCD at ease. My mind can't comprehend a generation with under 100. If we reach 100, I'll be happy

My mind can't comprehend there being so many Pokémon available before the Second Gym! I've already filled more than 3 boxes and I just beat Grant.

I'm amazed at how big the gap is between the first and second gyms. I actually think it's pretty cool.

Yeah, it took me 13 hours to reach the second gym (and it's very under-leveled by the way).

CMP said:
I'm sure that there are at least a few Pokémon hidden in the coding! However, I don't think it's the substantial amount that some people are talking about. I'd say 3, maybe 4, event legendaries tops.

That's not to say I don't think it's impossible to expect another batch of, say, 20-50 Pokémon in the "third game." As Gamefreak proved with BW2, we can't use past games as examples.

Plus, didn't the backpacker who gives you the Strange Souvenir specifically mention it comes from a region that is (and I quote) "not Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, or even Unova." Could be foreshadowing to maybe sequel games with a region that connects to Kalos? Grasping at straws, yeah, but I have no doubts that there are more Gen VI Pokémon to come...

I have suspected the same thing, it could even happen within the same generation, hence the reason for such a low number of new Pokemon. We may just get more...

Pokequaza said:
AdamLambert said:

Some people can be concerned with 69 new Pokemon and 28 non permanent evolutions. It would be nice to get a mixture of new evolutions (real ones) as well as Megas to bring the total closer to 3rd gen. If we want to count a generation's new Pokemon by Pokedex count, then there are only 69. I prefer to count it this way. I dont go by designs, because then we would be counting all the Unown or Vivillon as different Pokemon. I always hated it when they would do that for the DBZ games... "Over 20 new characters!!"... but really they just added 10 variations of Goku.

All ranting aside, I'm really pleased with the quality of the new guys. I've yet to see all of them, but out of the 40 or so that I've encountered, there are only a few designs that I think are dumb. Its shaping up to be my favorite generation since 2. Plus we have 2 badass legendaries, which is 2 more than BW...

Edit: Though I will say, I'm getting tired of the Neopets looking Pokemon like Litleo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back