XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Pokémon X / Y General Discussion - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

So I got lucky and got a Timid Xeneas on my second try.

Should I go for Modest? That could take forever...
Or should I try to get a Synchronize Pokemon??

Is the Speed boost from Timid even worth it?

RE: Pokémon X / Y General Discussion - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

safariblade said:
So I got lucky and got a Timid Xeneas on my second try.

Should I go for Modest? That could take forever...
Or should I try to get a Synchronize Pokemon??

Is the Speed boost from Timid even worth it?

Timid is the best possible ability. Modest is okay with Geomancy, but Timid is better for the fast initial speed. Xerneas outspeeds quite a few Ubers due to its base speed, which sits above the average base 90/95.

Awesome!
I don't feel like fighting Lysander or whatever again before looking at his ability lol
Thanks, James.

unsheathed said:
Chronus MSEA said:
Any news of anyone cracking the data of the game. Really want to know if there are any hidden things in the data

We haven't even hacked the 3DS yet. Hacking Pokemon X and Y is in no way possible until that's done.

wow. so it will take a much longer time before we know more detail.

When is the right time to evolve Doublade so I don't miss getting King's Shield? I've heard level 45, but I've read that he won't learn anything after this? *Confused*

Wailady said:
When is the right time to evolve Doublade so I don't miss getting King's Shield? I've heard level 45, but I've read that he won't learn anything after this? *Confused*

I don't know what level you would have to evolve it for it to learn King's Shield normally (or even if you can), but the best level to evolve Doublade at is 51 after it learns Sacred Sword. Then if you have a Heart Scale, you can go to the move reminder and have it learn King's Shield that way.

RE: Pokémon X / Y General Discussion - Don't Post Topics That Have Their Own Thread!

I don't know if this has already been addressed, but awhile back I saw someone say that always having the roller blades was somewhat of a nuisance. I literally just found that by using the D-pad you can just be on normal shoes and run around, and if you use the joystick again, then the roller blades go right back on.

RE: Pokémon X / Y General Discussion - Don't Post Topics That Have Their Own Thread!

Artemis said:
Whitefire said:
The thing I want is 300kP, and after going around every day and buying everything i liked [bar this store] and breeding things instead of battling, 300k is more than half my current moneyz XD

Well, what else are you going to spend it on? :p The money I spent was more than half of what I have too, but I earned it back pretty quickly. The only other thing I buy frequently is Pokéballs, so I feel my money is going to a good use, more or less. :D Usually in Pokémon games, I just have tonnes of money lying around and nothing to spend it on, but it seems there's plenty of stuff in this game to use up your funds on, which is nice. :3

I used to have 900k. Then i had 500k. Now i have 325k. I'm not making anything as im not battling, but hatching things and buying things every day and all the moomoomilks that exist, while i havent bought a single thing from that boutique yet. -facedesk- i'm terrible. Guess I should run through the E4 a few times with amu/incense, eh? I like the champion's music anyway, not too girly like W2~ [which reminds me i wanna hear Red's theme this clearly .__. that would be great]

Are natus or xatus in the game somehow? Including that friend place ive never used...?
Getting the right nature on one of those with synchro would help tons in my ditto hunt. I have a timid one on W2 [natu] which i used to get a timid eevee which is now an espeon [also a synchro] that i used to get other sp attacker things |D.
I got a modest ditto first time which is great, and a timid espurr [now meowstic] second catch, so im good with special attacker breeding but having issues with physical mons [looking at you, Inkay].

Back to the natu thing, theyre birds, and i have adamant birds. Get adamant on a natu with synchro and im golden. Please let them be in this game...? Otherwise i get to wait til december.... great....

Has anyone else had a birthday since the game came out? I freaked out when I walked into the Pokemon Center and thought my game had froze and then that beautiful lady Nurse Joy wished me a wonderful happy birthday. I really love that they added that, haha. <3

Whitefire said:
I used to have 900k. Then i had 500k. Now i have 325k. I'm not making anything as im not battling, but hatching things and buying things every day and all the moomoomilks that exist, while i havent bought a single thing from that boutique yet. -facedesk- i'm terrible. Guess I should run through the E4 a few times with amu/incense, eh? I like the champion's music anyway, not too girly like W2~ [which reminds me i wanna hear Red's theme this clearly .__. that would be great]

I haven't made it to the Elite 4 yet so I don't know how much you make from them, but the Battle Chateau is also a great place to make money, and may be faster since the battles don't take as long. With Amulet Coin (and O-Power when I can), I usually get 7k-15k per battle. Of course, there's a limit to how much Battle Chateau you can do in a single day, so it may be worth doing both.

Wonder trade is netting me some good luck. Got plenty of uncommons from it, a few starter babies (still after Chespin though) and even a French Zygarde.

Not sure if this is fake or not but:
hDFFBA09F

Could be that they are patching in/unlocking/DLC new Pokemon post release. Ideally this would add new post game areas, possibly related to the strange souvenir. Then again it could just be event legendaries, the three newly discovered names, or event only mega stones, like Blazikenite. Or just fake.

Proven fake; there's no post on his Twitter from that date (or near that date) resembling that one :/

I typed in Chuck Norris in the gts and it recognized it so I doubt that Hoopa, Diancie, or Volcanion are real.

NIN10DOXD said:
I typed in Chuck Norris in the gts and it recognized it so I doubt that Hoopa, Diancie, or Volcanion are real.

No one reads anything right these days do they? THE POINT WAS when you type in something ridiculous like Chuck Norris, it accepts it. BUT AS IT IS. When you type in something legit, like Hoopa, if you did it wrong, it will fix it. Say I put "CHUCK NORRIS." It will accept that as it is cause it doesn't know what to do with it. But if I put "HOOPA" it will change it to "Hoopa" because it recognizes what it's supposed to be.

Oh yeah, that's true. I didn't really think before posting.

(Pokemon League spoilers ahead!)

Does anyone else really like the Elite 4 of this gen? They have great designs and don't use the overused ghost/fighting/dark/psychic types like last gen and the gens before. These are types we have only seen used once before (except dragon).

And the Pokemon League looks amazing! A big, beautiful cathedral. The animations for when you enter each of their rooms are especially nice. Really great stuff. Just wish the characters did more. This was a complaint I had about the gym leaders too. They don't feel as alive as they did in the fifth gen. Wish they would have left the gym more and did stuff, like when the gym leaders gathered to help fight Team Plasma.

But what is Drasna's theme supposed to be? Wilkstrom is a knight, Siebold is a chef, Malva is kinda like a reporter, but I can't think of anything really for Drasna.

SuperDuper said:
(Pokemon League spoilers ahead!)

Does anyone else really like the Elite 4 of this gen? They have great designs and don't use the overused ghost/fighting/dark/psychic types like last gen and the gens before. These are types we have only seen used once before (except dragon).

And the Pokemon League looks amazing! A big, beautiful cathedral. The animations for when you enter each of their rooms are especially nice. Really great stuff. Just wish the characters did more. This was a complaint I had about the gym leaders too. They don't feel as alive as they did in the fifth gen. Wish they would have left the gym more and did stuff, like when the gym leaders gathered to help fight Team Plasma.

But what is Drasna's theme supposed to be? Wilkstrom is a knight, Siebold is a chef, Malva is kinda like a reporter, but I can't think of anything really for Drasna.

I Think Drasna's theme is an Old lady who came from sinnoh, she became a dragon type trainer because of the stories her grandparents told her, Other than that I don't see any occupation for her other than Dragon master grandma

SuperDuper said:

I thought she was a motherly figure. Might also be why she resembles Dawn's mom.

I kind of like most of the retypings this gen, especially Granbull who I really wanted to have some sort of boost. And although I'm happy about Whimsicott getting changed to Grass/Fairy, I just wonder why they didn't retype Lilligant as well. Out of the two of them, Lilligant seems the most Fairy like to me.

One of my favorite features is the Wonder Trade. When shiny hunting I always end up with multiple boxes full of the same pokémon (level 1 Froakies, Chespins, ect.) and then I just trade all of them on Wonder Trade and see what I get. I've filled most of my pokedex this way. :p

Whats the benefit of the Pokerus? One of my pokemons has it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back