XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

MetalPharoah said:
Soft reset #126: Please be shiny Froakie *passes out after 3.5 hours of SR*

...are you serious? You're really not going to play the game until you get a shiny starter? To each their own, I guess...

I honestly never saw what was so amazing about shiny pokemon. Sure, they're rare and everything, and get you bragging rights, but I think SRing over and over again devalues the pokemon experience significantly. GF intended shiny pokemon to be a nice surprise every once in a great while, so that they are truly special. Doing the same thing over and over again until you get a shiny pokemon is basically a test of patience more than anything, and is in my opinion a huge waste of time. To me, the few shiny pokemon I have I value because I found them on chance encounters, as if they actually sought me out as a trainer and wanted to reveal themselves to me. Pure chance. If I spent hours and hours saving and quitting in front of Ho-Oh so that I might find a shiny one eventually, when I finally got it, I would think "Wow! So cool! But, I suppose it was going to happen eventually if I stuck it out long enough and wasted my life away doing a monotonous task..."

When my copy of Y comes in the mail Monday, I'm going to be looking forward to exploring a whole new region of pokemon, locations, moves, surprises, stories, and all the wonderful things that come with a new pokemon game. Not wasting away my time searching for a specific shiny pokemon that becomes devalued by the very fact that I'm searching for it. But, as I said, to each their own.

RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

WalterREBoRN said:
Has anyone at all found a sun stone? My helioptile with surf is looking for a mighty fine evolution right about now.
You can find one right outside the power plant on route 13 after you deal with Team Flare. Go down a lt little, past where you found the power plant pass, abd hop on the rails, then go down the little slope to the pokeball. It's a Sun stone. I just got it, that is how I know.

Does Florges have any Level-Up moves? I'm thinking of evolving my Floette.

Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own t...

My male Torchic with Speed Boost just passed down Speed Boost to some of its eggs...

Pretty sure that didn't happen before with Hidden Abilities? Confused!

Okay, this is a bit odd. If anyone has been in the Azure Bay, they see that there is a cavern called the Sea Spirit's Den. This could be pure theory crafting, but I have a strong hunch that there is more in this particular area than meets the eye.

In the southeastern portion of the Azure Bay, there's a small island that has a patch of grass that is oddly shaped like an arrow. There is also a rock formation in the northwestern area of the bay that corresponds to an arrow. Both of these "arrows" lead to a big rock. Now, what if this is the beginning of a Braille phrase? These stones are placed in peculiar locations, and seem to have a set pattern or relation. I looked up a Braille alphabet and was definitely able to place out some letters, though phrasing did not make sense. It feels backwards or something. I cannot put my finger on it. I feel like I need a better view of the entire rock formation area in the bay to be able to help more, but if you're an expert on Braille, maybe you can help and try to decipher a possible message? Maybe an aerial view of the entire bay?

Let me know what you guys think!

Phineasking12 said:
Anyone know where you can find a Metal Coat?

You can find one in the Pokeball Factory north of Lavarre Town.

I've heard that Sliggoo has to evolve in the rain while levelling up.

If that's true, that's...certainly interesting.

Fraxureking said:
Does Florges have any Level-Up moves? I'm thinking of evolving my Floette.

I wish to know this as well.

Tatertot said:
MetalPharoah said:
Soft reset #126: Please be shiny Froakie *passes out after 3.5 hours of SR*

...are you serious? You're really not going to play the game until you get a shiny starter? To each their own, I guess...

I honestly never saw what was so amazing about shiny pokemon. Sure, they're rare and everything, and get you bragging rights, but I think SRing over and over again devalues the pokemon experience significantly. GF intended shiny pokemon to be a nice surprise every once in a great while, so that they are truly special. Doing the same thing over and over again until you get a shiny pokemon is basically a test of patience more than anything, and is in my opinion a huge waste of time. To me, the few shiny pokemon I have I value because I found them on chance encounters, as if they actually sought me out as a trainer and wanted to reveal themselves to me. Pure chance. If I spent hours and hours saving and quitting in front of Ho-Oh so that I might find a shiny one eventually, when I finally got it, I would think "Wow! So cool! But, I suppose it was going to happen eventually if I stuck it out long enough and wasted my life away doing a monotonous task..."

When my copy of Y comes in the mail Monday, I'm going to be looking forward to exploring a whole new region of pokemon, locations, moves, surprises, stories, and all the wonderful things that come with a new pokemon game. Not wasting away my time searching for a specific shiny pokemon that becomes devalued by the very fact that I'm searching for it. But, as I said, to each their own.

I really like shiny Froakie, and since shiny Pokemon will be much more challenging to trade for until after Christmas, I. WANT. A. SHINY. FROAKIE.

RE: Mega Pokémon: Which Pokémon Would You Like To See With A Mega Evolution?

This will probably follow a new pattern. About 30-40 new Mega's per generation including 70-80 new Pokemon. I'm OK with this new style of revamping the Pokemon franchise has received, it was FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR AND WIIIIIIIIIDE desired and required for the game to continue to live on.

So the guy at my local GameStop said they were going to be hosting a Chikorita distribution. Mega Meganium anyone?

Reggie McGigas said:
Blob55 said:
Is there more than one Shiny Stone? In X I want to train two Pokémon that require one.

When you clear all the super training fields you unlock the super secret training. If you beat a certian level (don't know which one it is) the award is a shiny stone. Same goes with all evolution stones

And that's it? They sure are stingy with Stones this gen!

RE: Mega Pokémon: Which Pokémon Would You Like To See With A Mega Evolution?

MetalPharoah said:
This will probably follow a new pattern. About 30-40 new Mega's per generation including 70-80 new Pokemon. I'm OK with this new style of revamping the Pokemon franchise has received, it was FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR AND WIIIIIIIIIDE desired and required for the game to continue to live on.

I can see them doing something like 10-15 Megas and 90-100 original Pokemon.
It makes sense that they'd have a load of Megas in the gen they're introduced, and then go to a smaller amount.

Altho, when designing Megas, they should really not give them to Pokemon that can potentially still evolve.
Mawile is one case - its Mega looks like a real evolution, and could easily pass as one. Mawile also has stats that are lackluster, and an evolution would be great for it.
Altho now it has a Mega it seems unlikely it will get a real evolution because of said Mega... sadface.
The only ones I'd give them to that can still evolve would be ones whose designs feel complete with the 2 stages - Beartic is an example.

AdamLambert said:
So the guy at my local GameStop said they were going to be hosting a Chikorita distribution. Mega Meganium anyone?

I guess this basically confirms that every starter Pokemon will get a Mega form.

They've already given ones to the gen1 starters (2 to Charizard), and one gen3.

Altho it looks like they'll be event exclusive... sadface
(unless they're available in later games and possible remakes)

Is the event US only?

I hope Mega Meganium is amazing, he needs a mega the most since he's basically the worst starter from all six gens.

Blob55 said:
Reggie McGigas said:
When you clear all the super training fields you unlock the super secret training. If you beat a certian level (don't know which one it is) the award is a shiny stone. Same goes with all evolution stones

Agreed. More the reason why I'm saving Aegislash for my Y team now. I already plan to have one stone evolution Pokemon on my X team. (Heliolisk) Two would be overkill if they're gonna deny me stones. (I really miss the underground from Gen IV right now)

Do you guys think they will be more mega evolution.. It is weird we still know a little bit about the game compare to last games 2 days after release

So I've heard that there are several different salons - I can only see the one in Lumiose.

Where are they? I've heard they're with the boutiques, but I can't see one :(

LordTerminal said:
Blob55 said:

Agreed. More the reason why I'm saving Aegislash for my Y team now. I already plan to have one stone evolution Pokemon on my X team. (Heliolisk) Two would be overkill if they're gonna deny me stones. (I really miss the underground from Gen IV right now)

Can you at least buy them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back