XY Pokémon VG General Discussion - Locked: Please Create A New Topic For Anything You'd Like To Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

Just thought I'd give my views on Pokemon X so far

- Graphically, the game is a massive step up. You could spend a good few minutes just admiring the art of your Pokemon

- Much more variation in Pokemon you can find. I've already caught around 20 - 25 and I've only just beat the 1st gym leader (I'm on route 5).

- My Pokemon's levels are already in their 20s (Frogadier and Charmeleon). Don't remember Pokemon leveling up this quickly in other Pokemon games.

- Leveled up my scatterbug all the way to the Vivillion and it is as most would predict the Garden pattern.

- Roller-skates are pretty decent but it sees to start off fast before going slow. Very odd.

All in all, enjoying the game a lot. Already put 4 hours into it and I've not even hit the second gym yet.

RE: Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own thread!

MetalPharoah said:
So, they are saying when you choose to select your starter out of the 3, one might be shiny? Ouch, can you imagine getting a shiny of a starter you did NOT want and then SRing just for the one you want? Pokemon Bank why are you not here yet!?

It's a shiny, so why complain?

GoomyFan85 said:
MetalPharoah said:
So, they are saying when you choose to select your starter out of the 3, one might be shiny? Ouch, can you imagine getting a shiny of a starter you did NOT want and then SRing just for the one you want? Pokemon Bank why are you not here yet!?

I want to start with Froakie, unless shiny Delphox turns out to be AMAZING!! Everstone that Froakie!

GoomyFan85 said:
Kitana Coldfire said:
Okie dokie, I'm back from Gamestop and I have breaking news!

The game guide will NOT be available at release. I repeat: The Official X/Y Walkthrough Guide will NOT be Available at Release.

Apparently there's a manufacturing problem that has delayed the guides from coming in until around the 16th. They can, however, be pre-ordered/paid off, and you will receive a refund when you pick it up (I think he said 20%). I'm not sure if that applies only if you reserved both copies of the game (which I did), but still.

So if you were planning on picking up the official walkthrough guide when you got your games, consider this your heads up!

This has already been clarified back in the 180 or so pages when I went there last Tuesday or Wednesday. Tis why I've been asking for Pokemon locations on certain routes, forests, and such. We had like HALF a page of discussion because I found out Game Stop wouldn't release them on the same time. Man.

I just called my gamestop and they said it will be available tomorrow?

MetalPharoah said:
GoomyFan85 said:

I want to start with Froakie, unless shiny Delphox turns out to be AMAZING!! Everstone that Froakie!

I'm starting with Froakie for three reasons

A) I like the whole line

2) I don't like Chesnaught much

D) Both of my sisters are getting Fennekin so I'd like to have something different.

MetalPharoah said:
GoomyFan85 said:

I won't lie and say I wouldn't be pissed if I got a shiny Chespin. :p

MetalPharoah said:

Am I reading this right? Starters have a one/third chance of being a shiny!?!

Pokewiz1999 said:
MetalPharoah said:

I'm starting with Froakie for three reasons

A) I like the whole line

2) I don't like Chesnaught much

D) Both of my sisters are getting Fennekin so I'd like to have something different.

I know that feel. Chespin is not my favorite in terms of designs. No offense Game Freak, it's just... meh to me.

I'm picking Froakie because I love frogs and toads and my sister is picking Fennekin.
I'll MM the other two at a later point.

Anybody know where the salons to change your hair are?
Also, are there any trade related threads here.

Oblivion_Wing said:

There seems to be one right after you get your Kanto starter.

Oblivion_Wing said:

The main salon is in Lumiose City. But apparently, every town has a boutique.

KiKi said:
Oblivion_Wing said:

The main salon is in Lumiose City. But silently, every town has a boutique.

I've been roaming around going through each boutique, however the one in Lumiose i cant go inside. Its called Boutique Couture. Apparently im not stylish enough, so im searching for places to change hairstyles/skin/ eye colour instead,

Oblivion_Wing said:
KiKi said:
The main salon is in Lumiose City. But silently, every town has a boutique.

I've been roaming around going through each boutique, however the one in Lumiose i cant go inside. Its called Boutique Couture. Apparently im not stylish enough, so im searching for places to change hairstyles/skin/ eye colour instead,

Has your Skrelp evolved yet?

Pokewiz1999 said:
Oblivion_Wing said:

Ahaha, yeah! It did actually. At level 48. Skrelp has a very good movepool. I taught it thunderbolt.
Dragalge is an absolute beast in general too.

I read a rumor that one of our rivals gives the Kanto starter weak to our own (e.g. you pick Blastoise they give you Charizard).

Can anyone confirm this?

Oblivion_Wing said:
Pokewiz1999 said:

Ahaha, yeah! It did actually. At level 48. Skrelp has a very good movepool. I taught it thunderbolt.

Yeah just as one other guy and I said. Congrats. :3

Pokewiz1999 said:
Oblivion_Wing said:

Thank you! I'm at victory road right now, well, not at, because i dont wanna go inside it yet. But yeah, i'm just roaming around looking for people to trade and looking for the place to get hairstyles, and akso how to get into Boutique Couture.

Oblivion_Wing said:
Pokewiz1999 said:

Thank you! I'm at victory road right now, well, not at, because i dont wanna go inside it yet. But yeah, i'm just roaming around looking for people to trade and looking for the place to get hairstyles, and akso how to get into Boutique Couture.

I know one of the Champions pokemon.... Heh heh :3

Oblivion_Wing said:
Pokewiz1999 said:

I really like the design of Dragalge, but I heard a rumor that its stats are fairly poor other than Special Defense, which isn't very helpful in the game. Can you confirm or deny this?

Leaks / Rumors / Speculation Thread - Don't post topics that have their own t...

Oblivion_Wing said:
Pokewiz1999 said:

Pretty sure I changed my hair in Lumoise... It's not actually in a boutique! Also, I was allowed in Boutique Couture after beating the eighth gym. It's really really expensive though! Most stuff is over 100,000 PokéDollars!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back