XY Pokémon Playthrough Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Pokémon X / Y : Playthrough Questions & Answers

FloodBadge said:
Quick question, I'm about to face off against Wulfric and this is my team of pokemon I've kept in my party throughout the journey-
Quick note, this is how I write my pokemon info usually:
Nickname/Pokmeon (Move 1, Move 2, Move 3, Move 4)(S.T. note)[Item]{Ability/Mega Ability}

Zoey/Chesnaught (Hammer Arm, Spiky Shield, Rollout, Bulk Up)(Attack and Defense both Super Trained a lot)[Hard Stone] {Overgrow}
Robyn/Talonflame (Flame Charge, Acrobatics, Roost, Tailwind)(Attack and Speed S.T.'d a lot) {Flame Body}
Geoffery/Blastoise (Water Pulse, Iron Defense, Skull Bash, Rain Dance)(Special Attack and Special Defense both S.T.'d a lot)[Blastoisinite] {Torrent/Mega Launcher}
Charley/Lucario (Aura Sphere, Heal Pulse, Close Combat, Shadow Claw)(Attack and Special Attack S.T.'d a lot)[Lucarionite](Steadfast/Adaptability}
Bertholdt/Garchomp (Dragon Rush, Crunch, Dig, Hidden Power Steel)(Attack and HP S.T.'d a lot)[Snowball]{Sand Veil}
Aléna/Swirlix (Cotton Spore, Flamethrower, Play Rough, Psychic)(HP and Defense and Special Defense S.T.'d a lot)[Eviolite]{Sweet Veil}

All 6 of them are level 58 and decently balanced to support themselves and a team. I'm not gonna make them perfect for competitive battle until post-elite 4, but I just want to know now... How much of a chance do I hold against Wulfric? Should I be prepared for a ride into Hel? (Hel is a Norse version of Hell where it's frozen, and also a half-frost bitten devil woman.) Or should I just worry about how Bert and Zoey will deal with the cold?

Lucario and Talonflame should hold out perfectly fine.
(in case you wanted it, Talonflame learns Flare Blitz via move relearner)

mega safariblade said:
Another question:
If I trade away Pokemon with a unique OT ID (not my own) will that ID still be registered in my game for stuff like the Lotto? Or do I need to save them in my PC box?

If you didn't have to keep them, then Wonder Trade would be a gold mine.

FloodBadge said:
Quick question, I'm about to face off against Wulfric and this is my team of pokemon I've kept in my party throughout the journey-
Nickname/Pokmeon (Move 1, Move 2, Move 3, Move 4)(S.T. note)[Item]{Ability/Mega Ability}

Zoey/Chesnaught (Hammer Arm, Spiky Shield, Rollout, Bulk Up)(Attack and Defense both Super Trained a lot)[Hard Stone] {Overgrow}
Robyn/Talonflame (Flame Charge, Acrobatics, Roost, Tailwind)(Attack and Speed S.T.'d a lot) {Flame Body}
Geoffery/Blastoise (Water Pulse, Iron Defense, Skull Bash, Rain Dance)(Special Attack and Special Defense both S.T.'d a lot)[Blastoisinite] {Torrent/Mega Launcher}
Charley/Lucario (Aura Sphere, Heal Pulse, Close Combat, Shadow Claw)(Attack and Special Attack S.T.'d a lot)[Lucarionite](Steadfast/Adaptability}
Bertholdt/Garchomp (Dragon Rush, Crunch, Dig, Hidden Power Steel)(Attack and HP S.T.'d a lot)[Snowball]{Sand Veil}
Aléna/Swirlix (Cotton Spore, Flamethrower, Play Rough, Psychic)(HP and Defense and Special Defense S.T.'d a lot)[Eviolite]{Sweet Veil}

All 6 of them are level 58 and decently balanced to support themselves and a team. I'm not gonna make them perfect for competitive battle until post-elite 4, but I just want to know now... How much of a chance do I hold against Wulfric? Should I be prepared for a ride into Hel? (Hel is a Norse version of Hell where it's frozen, and also a half-frost bitten devil woman.) Or should I just worry about how Bert and Zoey will deal with the cold?

Keep in mind that you're still battling an NPC with only THREE pokemon. You don't have to go that into detail about your team and how you plan to win...

It's pretty simple. You battle him, target his weaknesses, and it will be done in a minute.

If I breed my shiny Charizard with a ditto. What are the chances of the baby being a shiny Charmander?

MountainDrew said:
If I breed my shiny Charizard with a ditto. What are the chances of the baby being a shiny Charmander?

The odds are exactly the same as they'd usually be.

Jakeremix said:
mega safariblade said:
Another question:
If I trade away Pokemon with a unique OT ID (not my own) will that ID still be registered in my game for stuff like the Lotto? Or do I need to save them in my PC box?

If you didn't have to keep them, then Wonder Trade would be a gold mine.

FloodBadge said:

Keep in mind that you're still battling an NPC with only THREE pokemon. You don't have to go that into detail about your team and how you plan to win...

It's pretty simple. You battle him, target his weaknesses, and it will be done in a minute.

Sorry, I just get nervous by the last gym leader after how many times Clair, Wallace, and Volkner kicked my ass.

Wonder Trade is good but most of the time you will get the run around more often that not. Meaning you will get a Pokemon you already have XD. That tends to get annoying after awhile but if you just want Pokemiles then use it XD.:) You get roughly 20 points for every trade XD.:)

xxashxx said:
Wonder Trade is good but most of the time you will get the run around more often that not. Meaning you will get a Pokemon you already have XD. That tends to get annoying after awhile but if you just want Pokemiles then use it XD.:) You get roughly 20 points for every trade XD.:)

1) You get Pokemiles for it? I just used it to get pokemon to breed. Also, I once got an Yveltal out of it, so I traded it on GPS for a cool shiny Phantump I saw, then I traded that to a friend who loves shiny Trevenant (I hate Trevenant but love Phantump) and blah blah blah
2) What are Pokemiles for?
3) Can I count Wonder Trade as a drug, because I can't stop.

I have a few more questions, this time about trainer customization.
When using the Player Search System, in the Passerby section, I sometimes see player avatars that look exactly like a Gym Leader or Elite Four. So, my questions are:

1.) Is it possible to make your player character look like this?
2.) If so, how?
3.) If not, how did they?

Dialkia198 said:
I have a few more questions, this time about trainer customization.
When using the Player Search System, in the Passerby section, I sometimes see player avatars that look exactly like a Gym Leader or Elite Four. So, my questions are:

1.) Is it possible to make your player character look like this?
2.) If so, how?
3.) If not, how did they?

1.) Yes
2.) In the PSS choose the profile option, then click on the box at the top with your player name, then press the Public Icon option.
3.) N/A

I accidently left a Pokémon holding the Lucky Egg and traded it over the GTS. Is there any way to get another one in-game? (Or any kind soul willing to trade me one? :p)

Find a Chansey Safari. Wild Chansey sometimes hold Lucky Eggs

FloodBadge said:
xxashxx said:

1) You get Pokemiles for it? I just used it to get pokemon to breed. Also, I once got an Yveltal out of it, so I traded it on GPS for a cool shiny Phantump I saw, then I traded that to a friend who loves shiny Trevenant (I hate Trevenant but love Phantump) and blah blah blah

1. Yes you get about 20 points a trade. That is like 200 points every 10 minutes and 1800 points an hour of constant trading.
2. Pokemiles are used for buying items on the Pokemon Global Link and will soon be used to play the attractions on the site as soon as they have those up and running.
3. Yes and no because you can stop anytime if you want to. It is called agency XD.:)

However does anyone know how many battles it takes to get the final rank in the Battle Chateau? I have been battling for it for around 2 days and still don't have it yet. I am using the Silver Writ ATM as well. Thanks XD.:)

xxashxx said:
FloodBadge said:

1. Yes you get about 20 points a trade. That is like 200 points every 10 minutes and 1800 points an hour of constant trading.
2. Pokemiles are used for buying items on the Pokemon Global Link and will soon be used to play the attractions on the site as soon as they have those up and running.
3. Yes and no because you can stop anytime if you want to. It is called agency XD.:)

However does anyone know how many battles it takes to get the final rank in the Battle Chateau? I have been battling for it for around 2 days and still don't have it yet. I am using the Silver Writ ATM as well. Thanks XD.:)

I've been giving myself 2 hour trade times daily and participate in maybe 4 trades a minute so... About 480 trades a day. How many polemiles would I have?
Also, speaking of that place, do I have to come back the next day to get to the rank past Earl after beating everyone?

You can check how many Pokemiles you have by talking to a man in one of Lumiose's Pokemon Center or through the PGL.
As for the Chateau, I don't know exactly how many battles you must have. For each rank, you need more battles, that's for sure. Getting from Marquis to Duke took me as long as to get from Baron to Marquis. I don't have Grand Duke yet, but I'd guess it needs A LOT of battles.

Ok I have a question about breeding

I want to breed a Shiny Naive Protean Froakie with perfect IV's

My question is in what order should I process to be successful

What I thought is:

Step 1)
Breed Naive Ditto with Froakie to get all Froakie's with Naive nature

Step 2)
Breed Naive Froakie with female Protean Froakie to get Naive Protean Froakie's

Step 3)
Breed Naive Protean Froakie with Friend Safari Ditto with IV until I get a Naive Protean Froakie with Perfect IV's

So my question is about 4th step

Can I breed Naive Protean Froakie with perfect IV's again and again until I get a shiny one or they will lost the IV's or something else?

Should I change the order of process?

Thank's

Even when using a Destiny Knot, there's still one IV that will be random every time (the rumor that Power items stack with Destiny Knot is a lie. I've tried it). I'm actually just past step 3 in your plan since I have a pent flawless God ditto. Breeding 2 pent flawless mons yields another pent flawless roughly once for every 3 eggs, the other options being tri-, quad-, or completely flawless. If you can get someone with another language to trade you one of their pent flawless froakie, you can have a 100% chance of a shiny yielded through the masuda method having at least 3 flawless IVs, with a good chance of 4-5 perfect IVs. If you have an extra pent flawless Froakie and you have any language other than English, I could trade one of my extra pent flawless so we can both MM for shinies.

iSharingan said:
Even when using a Destiny Knot, there's still one IV that will be random every time (the rumor that Power items stack with Destiny Knot is a lie. I've tried it). I'm actually just past step 3 in your plan since I have a pent flawless God ditto. Breeding 2 pent flawless mons yields another pent flawless roughly once for every 3 eggs, the other options being tri-, quad-, or completely flawless. If you can get someone with another language to trade you one of their pent flawless froakie, you can have a 100% chance of a shiny yielded through the masuda method having at least 3 flawless IVs, with a good chance of 4-5 perfect IVs. If you have an extra pent flawless Froakie and you have any language other than English, I could trade one of my extra pent flawless so we can both MM for shinies.

Well this because it is a little late here and I'm tired from work, what you suggest is to find a Froakie by from another country and breed with it?

A perfect IV Froakie?

I'm saying breeding 2 froakie with high IVs from different language games will allow you to use the masuda method AND keep several high IVs on any babies through Destiny Knot. One of the few ways to ensure foreign pokemon you trade for have high IVs is to arrange a trade personally with someone with a foreign game for on of your own near-flawless pokemon. I was offering to do just that if you happened to have a non-English game.

Chocolate Death said:
xxashxx said:

I've been giving myself 2 hour trade times daily and participate in maybe 4 trades a minute so... About 480 trades a day. How many polemiles would I have?
Also, speaking of that place, do I have to come back the next day to get to the rank past Earl after beating everyone?

Lets see 80 points a minute? How are you doing that when it takes about a minute to do 1 complete trade? Anyway if that is the case 80 points per minute X 10. that is 800 points. So X that by 6 and you are getting roughly 4,800 points an hour so roughly 9,600 points for 2 hours. If you are not sending miles to your PGL account check your trainer card XD It will show your accumulated Poke Miles as long as you have not synced them to your PGL account yet. If you have synced your trainer card will be zero and your miles will be on your PGL account XD.:)

iSharingan said:
I'm saying breeding 2 froakie with high IVs from different language games will allow you to use the masuda method AND keep several high IVs on any babies through Destiny Knot. One of the few ways to ensure foreign pokemon you trade for have high IVs is to arrange a trade personally with someone with a foreign game for on of your own near-flawless pokemon. I was offering to do just that if you happened to have a non-English game.

Exactly what I had understood. And I guess you are refers to 4th step and instead Ditto to use a Froakie.

So I guess that and the other Froakie must have Naive nature and Protean ability to avoid losing them in the process right?

And sorry my game is English language

PS sorry for my bad English

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back