XY Pokémon Playthrough Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Pokémon X / Y : Playthrough Questions & Answers

Seriously, has anyone else having trouble finding male Litleo's? I can only find females... I just saw that the gender ratio is 75% female - 25% male but even then, finding a male Litleo has been harder than finding Dunsparce or Riolu...

I somehow managed to get a male myself, but I don't remember how/when. I still say it shouldn't matter as I see no superiority other than different looks.

Metalizard said:
Seriously, has anyone else having trouble finding male Litleo's? I can only find females... I just saw that the gender ratio is 75% female - 25% male but even then, finding a male Litleo has been harder than finding Dunsparce or Riolu...

My game must be glitched then, since I've bread all the Kanto and Kalos starters, and Ditto, and plenty of eevees and they've all hatched female (except for Greninja and two of ten eevees), and I've also been able to easily find Male litleos... It's the female I want though. lol. Seen so many Simbas and Kimbas that it's not even funny.

Metalizard said:

I agreed to trade someone a male Litleo and ended up breeding them because they never appeared, and it took me like 8/9 females before I finally got a male.

Can anyone help me find Wulfric in the Winding Forest? I am seriously disappointed in myself that I can't find him. Maybe I'm overlooking a passage...

Spammy said:
Can anyone help me find Wulfric in the Winding Forest? I am seriously disappointed in myself that I can't find him. Maybe I'm overlooking a passage...

This should help!

STHwqyj.png

The path you want is 2 > 4 > 6 > 9 > 10 > Village.

Where do I get the panda headwear? I noticed that it's available as a gift in Kiloude city, but I haven't had any luck locating it.

Jungletoad said:
Where do I get the panda headwear? I noticed that it's available as a gift in Kiloude city, but I haven't had any luck locating it.

At the very top of the city near serena is an artist girl, wear something colourful to get it from her, I wore a purple and green hat and some sneakers, if that doesn't work try wearing everything colourful

iSharingan said:
I somehow managed to get a male myself, but I don't remember how/when. I still say it shouldn't matter as I see no superiority other than different looks.

Oh, it's not a matter of me thinking the male is better or something like that. What happens is Pyroar can't be found in the wild (other than Friend Safari which I can't rely on), so I have to evolve Litleo, and I want to have a female and a male Pyroar, precisely because they have different looks.

btw, does anyone know what happened to the type-boosting Gems? I haven't heard about them in XY at all...

I have a question on Aegislash. I'm currently training a doublade, and i'm boosting its defense stats. Does Stance Change switch the defensive stats with the attacking stats? Take this example: My Aegislash has 150 in defense and special defense + 50 in attack, and when it switches to attacking state it gets 150 in attack and 50 in special defense and defense?

What effect does friends being online during the Friend Safari have?

Jungletoad said:
I have a question on Aegislash. I'm currently training a doublade, and i'm boosting its defense stats. Does Stance Change switch the defensive stats with the attacking stats? Take this example: My Aegislash has 150 in defense and special defense + 50 in attack, and when it switches to attacking state it gets 150 in attack and 50 in special defense and defense?

Stance change switches the base stats, so any evs you put in will stay on the stat you put them in

Another question:
If I trade away Pokemon with a unique OT ID (not my own) will that ID still be registered in my game for stuff like the Lotto? Or do I need to save them in my PC box?

^I'm not sure but I think you must keep the pokémon. Regarding your previous question, apparently, if the person is online, it makes the pokémon appear with their hidden abilities...

mega safariblade said:
What effect does friends being online during the Friend Safari have?
Friend being online makes the hidden abilities appear more often. They also must be online after beating the elite 4 to unlock the final pokemon slot in their safari. After that, all 3 pokemon can be found at any time with or without their hidden ability, just not as often wielding the hidden ability if one or both players have the PSS offline.

Just to say it a third time, the Hidden Abilities ARE available offline, but are much more uncommon than when both players are simultaneously online.

The game goes through your Team and Boxes I believe so you must keep them to win prizes. I also heard Pokémon can appear with their hidden abilities if the person is not online, but the chances are much lower. I have not tested this myself.

Well I have tested it extensively. Every hidden ability parent pokemon I've bred with thus far and half or the ones I have caught in the safari with their DW ability have been either when the other person was offline, or when I was away from home without any wifi access. I first noticed with the elemental monkeys I caught offline that had the Starters' signature abilities (Blaze, Torrent, and Overgrow), followed by a Prankster Sableye I caught in a safari of someone who didn't even have X or Y (thus couldn't come online to increase the chance of a Hidden Ability appearing). Since then, I have seen nearly every species of pokemon across all the safaris I have registered appear at least once with their respective special abilities (confirmed via Trace).

If you want to test it for yourself, just find a pokemon with Trace (I use the Gardevoir line), and turn off your wifi switch altogether before entering a safari. Sooner or later, a hidden ability mo will appear.

Metalizard said:
btw, does anyone know what happened to the type-boosting Gems? I haven't heard about them in XY at all...

I found a normal gen in Termines Cave. That is the only one I have seen in the entire game though.

They might be in the PGL shop after you get a certain medal or they will be part of the attractions when they open XD.:)

Quick question, I'm about to face off against Wulfric and this is my team of pokemon I've kept in my party throughout the journey-
Quick note, this is how I write my pokemon info usually:
Nickname/Pokmeon (Move 1, Move 2, Move 3, Move 4)(S.T. note)[Item]{Ability/Mega Ability}

Zoey/Chesnaught (Hammer Arm, Spiky Shield, Rollout, Bulk Up)(Attack and Defense both Super Trained a lot)[Hard Stone] {Overgrow}
Robyn/Talonflame (Flame Charge, Acrobatics, Roost, Tailwind)(Attack and Speed S.T.'d a lot) {Flame Body}
Geoffery/Blastoise (Water Pulse, Iron Defense, Skull Bash, Rain Dance)(Special Attack and Special Defense both S.T.'d a lot)[Blastoisinite] {Torrent/Mega Launcher}
Charley/Lucario (Aura Sphere, Heal Pulse, Close Combat, Shadow Claw)(Attack and Special Attack S.T.'d a lot)[Lucarionite](Steadfast/Adaptability}
Bertholdt/Garchomp (Dragon Rush, Crunch, Dig, Hidden Power Steel)(Attack and HP S.T.'d a lot)[Snowball]{Sand Veil}
Aléna/Swirlix (Cotton Spore, Flamethrower, Play Rough, Psychic)(HP and Defense and Special Defense S.T.'d a lot)[Eviolite]{Sweet Veil}

All 6 of them are level 58 and decently balanced to support themselves and a team. I'm not gonna make them perfect for competitive battle until post-elite 4, but I just want to know now... How much of a chance do I hold against Wulfric? Should I be prepared for a ride into Hel? (Hel is a Norse version of Hell where it's frozen, and also a half-frost bitten devil woman.) Or should I just worry about how Bert and Zoey will deal with the cold?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back