Pokémon Generations - New Animated Series of Shorts!

MrMrannoying

Aspiring Trainer
Origins was amazing so I have hopes for the content in this series too but 5 minutes?! That really is a short :( Why couldn't it be a full on series

Queno138

Metal Balls Trainer
Battle Arena?

It's Stark mountain. You can see it's being fought by a Claydol, which surely belongs to Buck, the "Stat Trainer" that joins you up in exploring Stark Mountain in DPt. (Another one is Cheryl, which we also spot in the trailer running away from something with her signature Chansey)

Woops, that was the name that lost me!

Stark Mountain, that sounds about right.

Good one catching the trainers; I didn't recognize them XD

SpunkyBandy

Aspiring Trainer
I liked 'em. Decent voice acting (except I HATED Pikachu's voice in this) and that's all I can say really :p

Rcxd9999

Aspiring Trainer
Pretty cool but I wish the Pikachu looked and sounded like Ash's. This Pikachu felt a bit weird but otherwise, I'm loving these shorts episodes.

Only wish they'd scrap the current anime and replace it with one of this style. It confuses me because they've been doing cool stuff like this for the Black and White 2 trailer, Pokemon Origins and the Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire trailer and yet they keep up with their current anime.

Hexogen

Merc W140
This is SO awesome! Cant wait to see more. Also the Pickachu design reminds me of the forst Pikachu EX Promo card ^^

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
I dont like Pikachu here. They managed to make it more annoying here and its voice. Just confirms that Pidgeot is going to have that red tailed hawk sound since Pikachu pretty much sounds like a mouse. Seeing Looker was pretty cool. Glory to Team Rocket!

Cottonmouth25

Flying-type Enthusiast
I loved the first episode. I know I'm in the minority here, but I thought Pikachu was adorable (so nice to finally hear Pokémon making realistic animal sounds!) and the various battles were well-animated. The best part, though, was how the battle music seamlessly shifted to match each generation. Loved it so freaking much. :D

Wasn't too much of a fan of the second one, though.

I'm super-hyped to see more of Unova! BW needs some redemption after the train wreck that was the Best Wishes series.

WinterPhoenix23

Aspiring Trainer
I have to say that I actually liked pikachu better here. Seemed..... Fresher. Both videos were neat, but I liked how the second one explained an unrecorded scene of Pokemon history with Giovanni.

garbodorable

Aspiring Trainer
I loved the 2nd episode. This is exactly what I wanted: something to explore the canon and in-between stories of the game series, like this story taking place in the aftermath of Red and Blue. It really captured how powerful Pokemon are -- the scene with the Arcanine straight up melting a concrete wall had a great impact. I didn't like how they used Looker though. Did the person who wrote this actually play any of the games with Looker in them? He's supposed to be goofy and melodramatic, but they used him like a generic cop. Also the dub was terrible, but I've come to expect that from anything dubbed in America.

I actually didn't mind the interpretation of Pikachu here, but I HATED the fact that they used Pikachu at all. Like, really? The concept of a Pikachu visiting every region and taking on Pokemon far too strong for it hasn't been adequately explored in animation already? They couldn't have picked any one of Red's other pokemon to follow instead? How about that Bulbasaur?

I also hated how they were already diminishing legendaries by throwing them into the scenes willy-nilly. Legendaries are supposed to be once in a lifetime encounters in the Pokemon world. To even see Regigigas in ORAS you have to read braille codes in a secret underwater chamber, come with a Wailord and Relicanth in your party to unseal 3 other legendaries that you have to then traverse the region solving puzzles to capture, then give one of them a nickname and ice item and return to its cave, only in the daytime. Regigigas doesn't exactly pop out of the ground to say hi.

But overall, I give that first episode a pass because it was meant to be more like a hype video for the series than an actual episode.

matthewbny

no
Pretty cool but I wish the Pikachu looked and sounded like Ash's. This Pikachu felt a bit weird but otherwise, I'm loving these shorts episodes.

Only wish they'd scrap the current anime and replace it with one of this style. It confuses me because they've been doing cool stuff like this for the Black and White 2 trailer, Pokemon Origins and the Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire trailer and yet they keep up with their current anime.
I feel like the Pikachu is great the way it is. It's not supposed to be an incredibly strong Pokemon, but not all Pikachu sound like Ash's! The point of these episodes are to explain some of the canon that is in the video games, and I agree with you that the style in this format is really good.
I loved the 2nd episode. This is exactly what I wanted: something to explore the canon and in-between stories of the game series, like this story taking place in the aftermath of Red and Blue. It really captured how powerful Pokemon are -- the scene with the Arcanine straight up melting a concrete wall had a great impact. I didn't like how they used Looker though. Did the person who wrote this actually play any of the games with Looker in them? He's supposed to be goofy and melodramatic, but they used him like a generic cop. Also the dub was terrible, but I've come to expect that from anything dubbed in America.

I actually didn't mind the interpretation of Pikachu here, but I HATED the fact that they used Pikachu at all. Like, really? The concept of a Pikachu visiting every region and taking on Pokemon far too strong for it hasn't been adequately explored in animation already? They couldn't have picked any one of Red's other pokemon to follow instead? How about that Bulbasaur?

I also hated how they were already diminishing legendaries by throwing them into the scenes willy-nilly. Legendaries are supposed to be once in a lifetime encounters in the Pokemon world. To even see Regigigas in ORAS you have to read braille codes in a secret underwater chamber, come with a Wailord and Relicanth in your party to unseal 3 other legendaries that you have to then traverse the region solving puzzles to capture, then give one of them a nickname and ice item and return to its cave, only in the daytime. Regigigas doesn't exactly pop out of the ground to say hi.

But overall, I give that first episode a pass because it was meant to be more like a hype video for the series than an actual episode.
Looker once had a Croagunk, actually, and during XY his character was scaled back, including his odd way of speech (in the English translations of D/P/Pt it sounds like he is not a native English speaker). It is also strongly suggested Looker's Croagunk died. Maybe they'll incorporate this?

I agree with the Legendaries part. Except, the Regigigas was encountered in Snowpoint Temple, and in D/P/Pt all you need to do is beat the E4 and have the Regi trio to catch him (the Regi trio are unavailable without the use of a 3rd Gen game or the TRU event from a long time ago).

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
MY EVALUATIONS:
  • Episode 1:
  1. So.... awesome!
  2. Pika's head is smaller.
  3. Pika's voice becomes weirder not the "Pika, Pika!" one, but I'll take that.
  4. I believe on Red's awesomeness, even though we didn't see him so much.
  5. THE GUNDAM ZYGARDE at the end!
  6. What event in B/W where Volcarona is on the throne underneath?
  7. I'm so embarassed on Latios and Latias. why they didn't help Pikachu?
  8. Again, so awesome!
  • Episode 2:
  1. The Police force now in action.
  2. Looker is really a detective!
  3. Hey, Arcanine. How will you cross the wall if you Flamethrower it and there's a lava fluid thing after it?
  4. Is this their first time that they realized that Giovanni is a Viridian Gym?
  5. The 2 trainers that Looker mentioned on why Giovanni stopped on becoming a Gym Leader was Blue and Red.
  6. Nice!
  • What will I expect on Episode 3?
Blue's Elite 4 Journey and also it's awesomeness.