Pokémon Generations - New Animated Series of Shorts!

Finally a Pokemon anime I can get behind! While the shorts were good, I just can't shake off the disappointment of them being so short.

This Pikachu was actually really cute and likeable and most importantly, didn't say it's name over and over. Glad to see them making the Pokemon sound like actual creatures, and it only took them 20 years.

Wasn't a big fan of Kaiji Tang voicing Looker (I just can't un-hear Owain/Odin). I just feel like Looker should have a deeper, maybe more authoritative voice, Matt Mercer would've been a better choice imo.

Lance looked so powerful on this one. I was wondering if they'd had the guts to show people what actually happens to those Electrodes in game :/

But yeah the animation seems to be worse on this episode. Specially notable when the grunts appear in front of Lance. Their movements are totally bizzare. But I think it actually made this episode rather unique, and Team Rocket more threatening than how they're usually depicted.

The animation looks pretty bad on this in some moments, and Dragonite moves so... slow. Probably my least favorite of the four.

I'm not gonna complain about the animation, because all of you have done that for me. Instead, I'm gonna say this was great. I love this series, and I'll be watching every Friday to see the next one. Now, I have to wait until Tuesday for the news.

I actually came here to say I thought the animation improved in this episode. It was very expressive and carried the story. There were a lot of small, really carefully animated moments. However, the pacing of the action could have been better.

I liked how Dragonite can fly but instead it did a tough-guy strut at all its enemies.

I love this mini-series. I'll agree with the people that said the animation seemed a little lazier than the others, but I'll take this over ANY of the recent animé stuff we've had. This stuff is bomb.

Pretty cool except for the fact that I've also thought of Team Aqua as more of the bad guys instead of Team Magma and its odd that Courtney can somehow see into the future. But other than that, another pretty good anime short that makes you wonder why the Pokemon Company hasn't thrown their current anime out of a moving train and replaced it with something of this style.

The voice acting definitely needed some work here, but holy sh*t that sceptile was freaking badass.

Team Magma Grunts: Can operate a state of the art submarine with ease. Loses to you every time.

1 Like = 25 Pokedollars towards a "Better World"
-Courtney

At 2:27 is a depiction of me getting out of bed in the morning btw.

I know someone said this already, but OMG that Sceptile is totally badass. Courtney is kinda creeping me out, though, especially with her weird giggling and visions of the future. Overall, awesome anime!

Uh, Camerupt, are you okay? 3:38
Camerupt, you really made my day :p

Anyways, this was a great episode imo. Courtney's voice is definitely not what I expected, but it's cool.
I'm hoping for a Team Aqua related episode next time. Since Team Aqua is obviously cooler. ;)

Courtney's voice is really really really really REALLY cringy. And that laugh towards the end. -shivers-

Sandy Fox really is adorable sounding as Courtney. I remember her portrayal of Princess Fillet in Brave Fencer Musashi, course she is in Bravely Second and Sailor Moon Crystal as well, but I REALLY feel bad for wrecking her face with that voice now. XD

Also she is married to Lex Lang, who voiced Maxie.

Courtney<3Maxie

Last edited:
Maxie creeps me out. His voice is so unsettling here.

And seriously, what is wrong with Courtney? I wouldn't be surprised if she were a Psychic or Hex Maniac in the past...wait a minute...
130px-0,65,0,64-Psychic(F)RSEsprite.png
sept_p13_04_en_ldt.jpg

HOW DID I NOT NOTICE THIS BEFORE??? :O

Back