XY Pokémon Bank: Cloud Storage for Pokémon

The free trial for Japan's Pokémon Bank was extended to February 21st.
As expected, this more than likely means that we'll still be getting a full month to use the software for free. :)

EEEP! this is so exciting, i really hope it comes out for NA soon and we dont have to wait another week or so.

It seems that the original Bank was connecting to the server in 3 different way...the new one only connects through e-shop.

I suspect that as soon as Nintendo is satisfied that they can handle the load they will open it up to the rest of us.
My E shop still says "Coming Soon"

LLR said:
It seems that the original Bank was connecting to the server in 3 different way...the new one only connects through e-shop.

Which ways would those be? In-Game, from the 3DS menu and the e-Shop? I don't want to only be able to connect to it from the eshop, as it takes a while to load and find things.

Blob55 said:
LLR said:

Which ways would those be? In-Game, from the 3DS menu and the e-Shop? I don't want to only be able to connect to it from the eshop, as it takes a while to load and find things.

The way I understood what I read was...
You didn't have a choice of which way to connect but that the programming required 3 different points of access to the server...so that when one person signed on it was like having 3 people sign on.

But yes the new way is only through eShop

The way I'm hearing is that it connected to the server that does the Nintendo Network ID stuff, then the eshop server and THEN the Bank server. Now it supposedly just does the Network ID server and then to the Bank server. Just sad to hear that the bad hacks are still getting through at least for now. Perhaps it's like other programs with filters and can have things to block added to it on say nintendo's side and catch things better over time. Some of the hacks were interesting to say the least (like the mentioned raichu above) so once they are seen, they can add filters for it to the server to help block those from being accepted.

Prince Dedenne said:
The free trial for Japan's Pokémon Bank was extended to February 21st.
As expected, this more than likely means that we'll still be getting a full month to use the software for free. :)

I think after the delay, it was confirmed the trial would start the day Bank was released.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Well after reading about the server issues I'm pretty sure the engineer who designed that was taken out back and shot...

WHY WOULD YOU DESIGN SOMETHING SO INEFFICIENT???

So, I just transferred up a lot of my Gen 5 stuff now that Bank is out, and a question popped into my head.

What happens to Hidden Power when transferring? Since Fairy type is now a thing, does it throw the Hidden Power types off? Or do they stay the same when transferring up?

squirtli said:
So, I just transferred up a lot of my Gen 5 stuff now that Bank is out, and a question popped into my head.

What happens to Hidden Power when transferring? Since Fairy type is now a thing, does it throw the Hidden Power types off? Or do they stay the same when transferring up?

They stay the same. Fairy isn't a possible type with HP at all.

squirtli said:

What?
I just checked the eShop and it's not out here!

I love how every website that's posting news about this being released in Japan always use misleading titles. "Pokebank is released after all this wait! ...I'ma type in that it's actuallly only out in Japan while US and UK have no confirmed release dates, hyuck, hyuck I need dem clicks and views."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XsGNpE2pLY

I NEED IT!!! ...not really, i'm just getting really impatient with my drought of shiny hunting as of late.

Even if hacked pokemon do get through, why are people able to use them in wifi battles? There are ways to to make them legal for use, but a Raichu that knows Roar of Time shouldn't be able to get online...

Jakeremix said:
Even if hacked pokemon do get through, why are people able to use them in wifi battles? There are ways to to make them legal for use, but a Raichu that knows Roar of Time shouldn't be able to get online...

Unless I'm mistaken (which I might be) those anti-hack barriers are only in legal tourneys.
But it will be interesting to see what the hack check doesn't allow through (if anything)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Well... I haven't seen any shadow tag Chandelures... that's gotta be a good sign right?

Anyone seen or battled against one or Contrary Snivys or Sheer Force Totodiles? Although Totodile you'd have to have Trace or Power Swap to see it...

King Xerneas said:
Weren't shadow tag Chandelures legally available in Gen 5?

No, HA Chandelure was never released. I don't think it matters anyway, because once they're transferred, they swap Shadow Tag for Infiltrator, and everyone can already get that by Friend Safari anyway. The only past gen HAs which aren't currently legal IIRC are the 2nd and 5th gen starters and some of the legendaries (all of the legendary trios, Heatran, Shaymin).

Back