XY Pokémon Bank: Cloud Storage for Pokémon

SkyeVictini said:
Yeah! What's taking them so long???? Pokebank better not be in limbo...

Btw, does anyone actually sort of know how the hack check worked? I mean what does it look for? Invalid IVs or EVs?

Poké Balls Pokémon can be caught in, like a Starter in an Ultra Ball outside of XY would normally be banned, as well as Pokémon with unreleased Hidden Abilities, too many EVs, illegal Moves, Shiny Reshiram/Zekrom and maybe Shiny DW Pokémon and Level checks.

As of Bank's initial release, it (as far as I can tell) only checks for EVs, illegal moves and Shiny Reshiram/Zekrom.

So if you have a Pokemon with its EVs maxed out, even through legit means, it can't be transferred?

Level checks? As in you initially caught it at level 1 or 100?

And multiple legit legendaries in illegit Master Balls...are they banned too? I'm confused...

SkyeVictini said:
So if you have a Pokemon with its EVs maxed out, even through legit means, it can't be transferred?

Level checks? As in you initially caught it at level 1 or 100?

And multiple legit legendaries in illegit Master Balls...are they banned too? I'm confused...

No. The max amount of EVs a Pokémon can have normally in-game is 510, however that's just two maxed out stats and a bit. People sometimes hack their games so ALL stats have max EVs, instead of just 2.

Yes.

No, you can capture any Legendary in a Master Ball. It doesn't matter if you get a load of hacked ones or not, as that's hard to tell. I just mean Poké Balls you can't normally capture certain Pokémon in, like the Johto Balls for Gen 5 Pokémon.

Blob55 said:
Poké Balls Pokémon can be caught in, like a Starter in an Ultra Ball outside of XY would normally be banned,

Actually, some of the starters (I know Johto ones for sure) can be caught in Ultra Balls in the GC games.

I wonder if 255 EV will still be there or if it drops to 252 and you need to fill the missing 6 with other stats.

also if one pokemon is hacked and cannot transfer will you be able to find out what's illegitimate and delete it or will it disable all Pokemon and make you guess which one is hacked?

Bolt the Cat said:
xxashxx said:
Transferring from gen 4 to gen 5 was very simple. Transferring from DS to 3DS is not that hard. All they had to do is create a transfer machine somewhere in Kalos and use the gen 4/5 method. They could have done that pretty easily. XD.:)

They said back in E3 that they couldn't do that, the DS and 3DS software can't communicate directly with each other. Therefore the solution was an app that serves as a middleman. The only thing that's really bothering about this system is that it requires the use of a recurring paid storage system to work.

See that's the thing. That does not make sense. Why would they make a network where the DS family cannot communicate with the 3DS? That blows me away because I can see it not communicating with the GBA family because that is a different platform but they should have made thos regular DS's compatible withe the 3DS when they built the 3DS. nINTENDO HAS A FEW LOOPS THAT THEY NEED TO FIX AND THIS IS A MAJOR SET BACK. aLL THEY HAD TO DO WAS MAKE IT SO IT COMMUNICATED WITH THE 3ds. tHEY COULD HAVE DO THIS EASILY. tHEY ARE CAPABLE. As I said The could have done this. They had their chance but blew it XD. Sorry for the caps. Just now noticed they were on.:)

That is weird because when you enter the extralink on B/W and 2 The games communicate just fine. Even when one of the versions is on a regular DS and the other version is on a 3DS. This is why it is not making sense. When they made X/Y They forgot to make sure that communications worked with the regular DS for data transfers from 5th and 4th gen transfers. See the regular DS and 3DS systems are all one family. Just like the GBA and the GAMEBOY systems are all one family IRC all those systems communicated pretty well so that is why the 3DS throws me about communications between games. Making a n app amd charging people to use it is not the way to go. When gen 7 comes out (which I know it will) I hope the have communications fixed so they will communicate with all past Pokemon games as far back as Diamond and Pearl because D/P were the beginning of a whole new generation of Pokemon for everyone. Nintendo and GAMEFREAK still have not made it possible to communicate with DS and 3DS. My question is Why? You would think by now the would have a communication solution without a paying service app to migrate data. It does not make sense XD.:)

Nintendo has said that the 3DS is a totally separate family from the DS, DSi, DS Lite and the DSXL.

The only members of the 3DS family are the 3DS, 2DS and 3DSXL.

DS and 3DS games cannot communicate with each other. If you're playing Black 2 on a 3DS, you're still playing a DS game. This is why they had to make Pokemon Bank if you want to transfer your Pokemon.

They also don't design game systems with Pokemon games in mind. Pokemon games have to adapt to the hardware limitations of the game console, not the other way around.

Well, its day 24 of the delay. Its been almost a whole month after the botched release of Bank, and no word or hope in sight. I have everything I need lined up still, and I even went and caught some mons like Houndour and Mawile in Johto Balls for breeding just FFS. I dont think TPCi has ever delayed a product this long before, and I will make a wager that they are tightening up security on Bank for hacks- which is why its taking longer as well. I say this simply because, there is no way its taking them a month just to beef up servers and netcode. Nintendo is a huge company, and this isnt the PTCGO.

Yeah same here my dex is fully completed basically. I am just waiting to migrate the last 12 Pokemon and get my Black team cloned for transfer XD.:)

WPM just posted on the front page that Pokémon Bank has been re-released in Japan's eshop.... will we see it released within the week?! Though it's sad to see that some hacks are still getting through.

Prince Dedenne said:
WPM just posted on the front page that Pokémon Bank has been re-released in Japan's eshop.... will we see it released within the week?! Though it's sad to see that some hacks are still getting through.

I think like 90% of hacks are getting through... I've seen way too many already in the battle spot...

Keep checking!!! I hear they might do a soft release instead of an announcement...

And well... really really bad hacks can't get through right? Like a wonder guard spiritomb?

>_>

MrSquarepants said:
Keep checking!!! I hear they might do a soft release instead of an announcement...

And well... really really bad hacks can't get through right? Like a wonder guard spiritomb?

>_>

It would now be weak to fairy. I just had a battle a while back with a Raichu that knew Roar of Time. So no. The filters are super sucky.

DAFAQ. That's like basic stuff... if an app can tell you if it's illegal, they should be able to do the same.

I mean I could still counter Wondertombs with my Azumarill or Mawile but it's still super annoying.

Well I guess as long as we see it sometime this week...

AZI23gU.png

The Happening is already upon us. It's nice that we at least get some acknowledgement of it. They were probably expecting people to spam their social media accounts with "BUT ITS UP IN JAPAN!"

I'd say maybe Thursday? That's when eshop updates for us.

Oh, guess they were actually going to be professional and make an actual release announcement. Good, good... thank you for that post.

Back