XY Pokémon Bank: Cloud Storage for Pokémon

Dedenne the Electric Fairy Type said:
I've been thinking, maybe, (hopefully), Nintendo is postponing Pokémon Bank to continue working on it. Now that they've seen what kind of hacks are getting through, they can work on the service a little longer to prevent further hacks from getting through once it's released? They say that it's due to high Nintendo Network traffic, but who knows?

Hopefully, but not likely. While the hacking system isn't great, it works, and Nintendo wants to get out Pokebank ASAP but is failing badly with the massive overload.

This article shows Nintendo's fails

http://tay.kotaku.com/define-these-standards-and-dont-say-trophy-achievment-1489638144

According to the data above, it would probally be possible to get a masterball'd Shiny Snivy with contrary.

Confirmed to be delayed. Unknown release date as of this moment.

Ain't that some shit. Nintendo shuts down eShop ON CHRISTMAS EVE and something goes wrong. Now they aren't prepared to launch what literally every Pokemon fan has been waiting for since October.

Rusty Sticks said:

Ain't that some shit. Nintendo shuts down eShop ON CHRISTMAS EVE and something goes wrong. Now they aren't prepared to launch what literally every Pokemon fan has been waiting for since October.

Find it funny that the website is slow anyone? :)

This is the most disappointing delay since GS's delay way back when it was called Pocket Monsters 2.

Don't you hate that 'TBA'? Either on some random day (hopefully in Jan.) it will be released and half of us won't notice until the next day. Or two-three weeks from now it will then be announced that two-three weeks after that, it will be released!
Fingers crossed for a short wait!

Dangit, I had planned everything perfectly, now this delay :(
Im going to Queensland (Australia) and we are driving there so what I was going to do is transfer over some low levelled pokes and put them on my Y version after I restart it so I have something to do, so I only have 1 thing to do on the drive up, go to the GTS and get some good pokemon to keep me busy :D
This is gamefreak logic anyway, before X and Y we had to wait about 6 months before we got the games (Black and White for example) so the Japanese always get the goodies first, Same happens with Pokebank, They got it like 2-3 days before us and they still get to keep it!

momoxmomo said:
Hmmm...I wonder if they will push back the day of the trial end, or if they will gype us?

I believe that I read somewhere that even those who downloaded the first version will get a refreshed 30 day trial.
I may be wrong though.

But, what about those who have yet to download it? What if the maintenance takes several weeks (it probably won't)? I'm wondering if we will still be able to have a free 30 day trial. I hope the push back their January free trial period.

So PokemonBank has been temporarily shut down in japan. Due to mass usage?
I really hope it isn't delayed, I was looking foward to tomorrow. :/
I was looking forward to it too, so not long after midnight I tried it, and the first thing the eShop gave me was a cruel update message. Since I know I'm all caught up with the 2 updates so far, this was a third update! After the update was done, the message displayed was that it is down for maintenance. I hope it gets online soon with lots and lots of servers so everyone can download it.

Rusty Sticks said:

may just be temporary... hopefully until later today.

momoxmomo said:
But, what about those who have yet to download it? What if the maintenance takes several weeks (it probably won't)? I'm wondering if we will still be able to have a free 30 day trial. I hope the push back their January free trial period.
Yeah, I doubt Nintendo will screw us out of what they promised.

EDIT: I found this statement online from Nintendo (the statement sucks):

Nintendo and The Pokémon Company International have postponed the launch of Pokémon Bank and Poké Transporter - two software applications that were originally scheduled to launch for Nintendo 3DS on Dec. 27 - due to a large volume of traffic to the Nintendo Network service. Due to the high traffic, players are having trouble setting up Nintendo Network IDs and downloading content in the Nintendo eShop on both Wii U and Nintendo 3DS. We truly regret the inconvenience, and wish to reassure everyone that providing a solution is our top priority. We apologize for the delay and thank you for your continued patience.

Even though I'm disappointed that Pokémon Bank / Poké Transporter was officially delayed worldwide I'm sure it was for a good reason. On the bright side this gives me a chance to stock up on Pokémon from my old games that I plan on importing to my Pokémon X version. Sadly most of the one's I have in my Black 1 and White 2 versions aren't even fully IV bred with 4-6 IV's in each stat (except for my Shiny 4 IV Kecleon) but are fully EV trained with Pokérus so by the time I'm able to import them over I'll have to re-breed them with 5-6 IV's using Destiny Knot at the Pokémon Day-Care.

If Destiny Knot was able to pass down multiple IV's in previous Gens just like in Gen 6 that would've saved people ALOT of trouble having to re-breed fully EV Trained Pokemon they plan on importing using Pokémon Bank / Poké Transporter as long as they aren't hacked. Back in previous Gens, IV breeding didn't matter as much for competitive Wi-Fi Battles due to severe limitations of passing down multiple IV's at once but because of the major changes made to Destiny Knot in Gen 6 that changes everything since a fully EV Trained Pokemon with Pokérus and no 31 IV's in each of it's stats at all that you imported from Gen 5 using Pokémon Bank / Poké Transporter just doesn't cut it anymore like it used to be.

A team of fully IV bred Pokemon which are also fully EV trained are most likely to beat a fully EV trained team of Pokemon with 0-1 IV's 9 times out of 10. I could be wrong on the power gap between Pokemon who are fully IV bred and those that aren't but the stat boosts that Individual Values (IV's) provide in battle let alone any possible boosts you get through Pokémon Amie such as an increase in evasion and critical hits can really make a huge difference in Wi-Fi Battles, not sure about the Simulator aspect of it all cause I mainly see it as a venue for playtesting purposes although some people see it differently as a way to avoid having to pay $35-40 retail on something that they feel is more "authentic" online.

Since it's almost nearly impossible to get Legendary Pokemon with 5-6 IV's without breeding and/or cheating devices, it seems like they will probably see more play on Simulators than in the actual retail games considering that you can "cheat" the system by giving a Pokemon like Mewtwo or Celebi 5-6 IV's in each stat especially for any Legendaries that have their own Mega Evolutions including Latios and Latias. At best If you get a Legendary Pokemon through Mystery Gift at the Pokemon Center in Kiloude City you'll probably need to go through the process of soft-reseting the game to get the Nature and characteristic you want for it and have the Stats Judge analyze it to see what it's IV spread is which will most likely be 2-3 IV's.

When it comes to IV breeding 6 IV Pokemon seem like they are hard to come by but require hours upon hours of tedious breeding, at best when it comes to competitive battling isn't a 5 IV Pokemon good enough depending on the moveset and strategy? If you already have 5 31 IV's in each stat except for one then why go for 6 31 IV's when you can just take advantage of the stat instead? I know it probably sounds a bit confusing but hopefully you know where I'm getting at with that. But yeah long story short, I'm not in any hurry for Pokémon Bank / Poké Transporter to be officially released worldwide (well it sort of did in Japan but because of internet traffic we're stuck in the current situation that were in...so yeah). I'm still anxious to get that free Lv. 10 Celebi that comes with it but I'm still a bit disappointed that it doesn't come with Nasty Plot like in Gen 4.

I just recently heard that the reason why Pokémon Bank / Poké Transporter was delayed worldwide was because it was poorly coded on launch allowing multiple hacked/hex-edited Pokemon through. Nintendo, Game Freak, and Pokémon International are supposedly working on a patch to prevent this problem from happening again that's downloadable for free via Nintendo eShop on the 3DS.

If I do manage to find the official source of this information then either me or someone else here will post it but as of now this is just word of mouth at the moment. Others are saying that the above rumor wasn't the real reason as to why it got delayed but was really due to servers being overloaded at the time of it's launch. We'll find out the truth behind this eventually...

So on random wifi battles I got swept by a Shiny Dakrai in a masterball...something is up with the hack checker. The person also had a Victini, Genesect, Arceus, Mew, and Mewtwo

Reggie McGigas said:
So on random wifi battles I got swept by a Shiny Dakrai in a masterball...something is up with the hack checker. The person also had a Victini, Genesect, Arceus, Mew, and Mewtwo

I battled a Shiny Mew this morning!?
I just want to know if there are any hack checkers in the Bank!

I wonder if "semi-legit" shiny Reshiram and Zekrom can make it through once it's back up.

By semi legit I mean those who used AR to remove the shiny lock and ran from it like 8000 times till it was shiny.

I don't have one but I always thought those who did do that were a bit ridiculous so I'm torn between laughing at them or feeling bad for all time wasted.

Reggie McGigas said:

I battled a Shiny Mew this morning!?
I just want to know if there are any hack checkers in the Bank!

I haven't played on my Pokémon X version since I came down with a bad cold recently so I wouldn't know on that, however it seems as though the first rumor I mentioned about hacked Pokemon seems to be ringing true more than a server overload. I didn't think of this earlier but yes Japan is the only country unaffected by this delay however there's still problems that need to be fixed. If you want to get Pokemon from previous Gens in X and Y at the current moment your best bet is through Wonder Trade.

PokeChimpo said:
Do I pay 5$ right off the get go? Or does my free month activate then I'm billed after that?

You get the free trial, once it's over you have the option to pay for the year or not.
If you choose not to, you'll have a short time to take out your Pokémon before they're deleted.
I'm not sure if you can go ahead and pay the day you download it?

How do we download Bank? It says in the eshop At your local retailer. That does not make sense. Where is the app XD. Sounds like they lied XD.:)

Back