XY Pokémon Bank: Cloud Storage for Pokémon

Dedenne the Electric Fairy Type said:
PokeChimpo said:
Do I pay 5$ right off the get go? Or does my free month activate then I'm billed after that?

You get the free trial, once it's over you have the option to pay for the year or not.
If you choose not to, you'll have a short time to take out your Pokémon before they're deleted.
I'm not sure if you can go ahead and pay the day you download it?

Oh ok, how does the whole process work do I DL bank then pop in my B2 then transfer?

xxashxx said:
How do we download Bank? It says in the eshop At your local retailer. That does not make sense. Where is the app XD. Sounds like they lied XD.:)

They removed it for the moment to supposedly work on it. That's probably the defalt message they put up when they remove a game from the eShop.

xxashxx said:
How do we download Bank? It says in the eshop At your local retailer. That does not make sense. Where is the app XD. Sounds like they lied XD.:)

You can also go to a store that sells games and buy a download code.....once it comes out.

PokeChimpo said:
You get the free trial, once it's over you have the option to pay for the year or not.
If you choose not to, you'll have a short time to take out your Pokémon before they're deleted.
I'm not sure if you can go ahead and pay the day you download it?

Oh ok, how does the whole process work do I DL bank then pop in my B2 then transfer?
I guess, I haven't used it or seen how it works yet.

I can't believe there's a delay. I understand they don't want hacked Pokémon, but they've been working on this for a pretty long time, and they seriously couldn't have fixed this problem. Plus some people in Japan already got to use Poketransfer and got all of their old Pokémon, which really isn't fair.

GrimmReaper9001 said:
I can't believe there's a delay. I understand they don't want hacked Pokémon, but they've been working on this for a pretty long time, and they seriously couldn't have fixed this problem. Plus some people in Japan already got to use Poketransfer and got all of their old Pokémon, which really isn't fair.

I was under the understanding that the combination of pokebank, and all the new 3ds's and wiius accessing the eshop simply overloaded things, if the servers are having trouble with the excess traffic it's a shame, but at the same time I'm sure they were surprised by the massive upswing in traffic as well.

They may have some glitches that need to be ironed out too. If bank were free completely we would not have any delays. As I said earlier it does not make a whole lot of good sense because if they decide to cancel service in the future we are all screwed for data transfers. They did not even make am in game transfer machine but they made a Poke Miles shop so we know the PGL will shut down in about 2-3 years. They really made a bad move with the app. In roughly 5 years the app will be useless which means 122 Pokemon will no longer be transferable from gen 5 to gen 6 anymore. They dug a hole that they will not be able to get out of. Way to go GAMEFREAK. You messed up big time.:(

I really don't think they're fibbing about the server overload. I mean that'd be pretty stupid from a business point of view to shut down all of eshop for hacked pokemon. I know they want to fix it, but not to the point where it costs Nintendo money. One day of eshop is probably like hundreds of dollars to be made, so this server error shouldn't last long otherwise, they're missing out on cash. Then again they're probably pretty confident that with the increase of 3DS sales so they'll be back on their feet in no time... so maybe we won't be so lucky... Pokebank being taken down and delayed is hopefully to fix the hack checker, although I'm bummed I won't be able to bring my shiny pokemon by using the "encounter shiny pokemon" code, it aggravates me when I see people getting destroyed by hacked Pokémon online. But if there's a shiny charm in Pokémon X and Y, it won't be a problem, just some time and effort.

Although if y'all wonder trade you might get some Pokebank pokemon! I just got a Cyndaquil from trading one of my Flabebes. It's kind of sucky but it's a sample of how my Cyndaquil will look when I can finally transfer it!

I dont think the eshop is 'over loaded w/ traffic,' as I'm in the middle of downloading Super Mario 3D World. I know it's on the Wii U eshop, but they stated that Nintendo Network as a whole is flooded. So I'm still pretty sure that they delayed it because of hacks making it through.

Magikarp said:
I was under the understanding that the combination of pokebank, and all the new 3ds's and wiius accessing the eshop simply overloaded things, if the servers are having trouble with the excess traffic it's a shame, but at the same time I'm sure they were surprised by the massive upswing in traffic as well.

I can now confirm that the eshop is not 'over loaded w/ traffic,' as I'm in the middle of downloading Super Mario 3D World. I know it's on the Wii U eshop, but they stated that Nintendo Network as a whole is flooded. So I'm still pretty sure that they delayed it because of hacks making it through.

I was unable to log onto eshop straight through until last night, as were a lot of people over the couple days around Christmas. I'd figure they're bringing back services in a staggered manner while they beef up their servers. I'd like it if they were taking the time to strengthen hack checks, I'm just not holding my breath for it.

xxashxx said:
They may have some glitches that need to be ironed out too. If bank were free completely we would not have any delays. As I said earlier it doex not make a whole lot of good sense because if they decide to cancel service in the future we are all screwed for data transfers. They did not een make am in game transfer machine but they made a Poke Miles shop so we know the PGL will shut down in about 2-3 years. They really made a bad move with tne app. In rpughly 5 years the app will be useless which means 122 Pokemon will no longer be transferable from gen 5 to gen 6 anymore. They dug a hole that thwy will not be able to get out of. Way to go GAMEFREAK. You messed up big time.:(

What are you talking about? Who said X and Y will be the only Pokémon games in 6th gen? The other 122 will be available when Z/W/X2Y2 or 3rd/4th Gen re-make comes out.

I can confirm the Free Battles are not foolproof. Tried using my obviously hacked Reshiram (perfect ivs, evs, and in a Pokeball? lolnope.), and it had no issue being used in a battle.

Found the release from Nintendo I read earlier

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2393/p/430

Pokémon Bank Announcement
Applies to: Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 2DS
Release of Pokémon Bank and Poké Transporter postponed due to a large volume of traffic to the Nintendo Network service
Information:
Nintendo and The Pokémon Company International have postponed the launch of Pokémon Bank and Poké Transporter - two software applications that were originally scheduled to launch for Nintendo 3DS on Dec. 27 - due to a large volume of traffic to the Nintendo Network service. Due to the high traffic, players are having trouble setting up Nintendo Network IDs and downloading content in the Nintendo eShop on both Wii U and Nintendo 3DS. We truly regret the inconvenience, and wish to reassure everyone that providing a solution is our top priority. We apologize for the delay and thank you for your continued patience.

Yay for hacks. Not. Already seeing people breeding HA starters and giving them out. As much as Id like an open season next season where all Pokemon are allowed in the VGC, I def dont want to deal with it in Ranked. Yet another ball totally dropped by GF. How hard was it to implement a list of released abilities into the hack check in the program that was live for like 36 hours. Srsly.

Apparently now the eShop is currently been taken down for my geographical area. Don't know if that means Ontario ... or Canada ... or North America. However there's no way I can tell, since my geographical area is down now!

Eshop is officially down worldwide. This means it is impossible to go online with a new copy of X/Y.

Edit: Eshop will be back online tomorrow. Around 4 in the morning EST

Phew, downloaded Mario in time!
Ya, I don't see how hard it would have been for them to write in the coding. Snivys, Tepigs, and Oshawoots with hidden abilities don't exist. :/

Luckly I downloaded the patches for both of my games as soon as I could, so I managed to swap my teams using an extra person, due to only having 1 3DS and Bank being rupt.

I dont think the eshop is 'over loaded w/ traffic,' as I'm in the middle of downloading Super Mario 3D World. I know it's on the Wii U eshop, but they stated that Nintendo Network as a whole is flooded. So I'm still pretty sure that they delayed it because of hacks making it through.

Ehhhhh? I can't seem to get on right now... well... ummm...

maybe the Wii U eShop works but they kept the 3DS one down so that way they can still make money but get time to figure out how to fix their servers? :S

I really don't know... but I'm gonna stick by my "Nintendo wouldn't shut down eShop just so they can stop hacked Pokemon from going through". They'd just take down Pokebank and delay its release. A big company like that likes to make money and is too busy making money in order to care about hacked Pokemon. I mean they'll try to fix it, but not at the cost of taking a shop down. Like the Museum I work in, refuses to close for snowstorms unless it's REALLY bad.

...but then again maybe the hacking thing is a bigger problem than I thought and Nintendo has made so much money from the Holidays and legitimately wants to fix the hacked pokemon issue and went as far as shutting down the 3DS eshop. Not something I expect from big money making companies though. But that's just my cynical rant being a guy who doesn't make a lot of money...

I'm jealous you're able to go on, I was gonna download it myself today. >.>;

EDIT: Whoops did not see the new page! Huh, so I WASN'T going crazy when I saw the Wii U shop closed. Also... I remember battling on BW2 online and... none of my *removed* Pokemon could battle. I'd get the "your Pokemon are not able to participate" message so I figured they were hack checked. Hahaha but I was just gonna send my shiny derpy rodents and cannon fodder to get killed, I just changed their abilities around a bit like a Patrat (nicknamed KickMyButt) with Drought and a Rattata (nicknamed InTheFace) with Roar. They weren't gonna stand a chance but my opponent would have a hilarious battle on his hand. Or... he'd just be annoyed as hell....

Ahem! Back to the point... dunno why something as simple as recognizing EVs, abilities, and small *removed* errors can't be detected. Or if they came from *removed*. *removed* tells you if your stats are illegal, dunno why the hack check can't...although I really would like a shiny Serperior with Contrary...:X

*[smod]Drohn[/smod]: I removed a few things from your post. Please keep in mind that you shouldn't name/discuss specific hacking software. Talking about hacks is fine as long as you don't mention the specific software/hardware. *

GrimmReaper9001 said:
Plus some people in Japan already got to use Poketransfer and got all of their old Pokémon, which really isn't fair.

However some of their old Pokemon may have been hacked that went into their X and Y Versions without Nintendo, Game Freak, and Pokémon International having a chance to stop the flow of those hacked Pokemon going through with an online patch that could easily be downloaded on Nintendo's eShop on the 3DS free of charge (hopefully).

MrSquarepants said:
I really don't think they're fibbing about the server overload. I mean that'd be pretty stupid from a business point of view to shut down all of eshop for hacked pokemon. I know they want to fix it, but not to the point where it costs Nintendo money. One day of eshop is probably like hundreds of dollars to be made, so this server error shouldn't last long otherwise, they're missing out on cash. Then again they're probably pretty confident that with the increase of 3DS sales so they'll be back on their feet in no time... so maybe we won't be so lucky... Pokebank being taken down and delayed is hopefully to fix the hack checker, although I'm bummed I won't be able to bring my shiny pokemon by using the "encounter shiny pokemon" code, it aggravates me when I see people getting destroyed by hacked Pokémon online. But if there's a shiny charm in Pokémon X and Y, it won't be a problem, just some time and effort.

Although if y'all wonder trade you might get some Pokebank pokemon! I just got a Cyndaquil from trading one of my Flabebes. It's kind of sucky but it's a sample of how my Cyndaquil will look when I can finally transfer it!

Actually yes you can have them transferred. If you know the right people to edit you shiny Pokemon to pass as legit when they are technically not then you can pass them off as legit and transfer them XD. If there is any red data they will not pass. XD.:)

Back